Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Really, what is all the fuss? 12:46 - May 23 with 1161 viewschfsittingbell

Young manager with a relative lack of experience in management and no exposure to the English league decides to go to another managerless club.

Hurst is a manager who has 5 x the experience and has an overall better winning percentage in a similar if not a more competitive league. He has more knowledge of the league and its players. I would suggest he has always been Evans preferred candidate and has already sounded him/Shrewsbury and more importantly Hursts agent out.

We assume that Sunderland have come in and snatched Ross, if he had of been our first choice do we not think Evans would have already of done the deal?

Soundbites and couple of clips on youtube don't make Ross the one and only choice for our new manager.
Really, what is all the fuss? on 12:48 - May 23 with 1136 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Really, what is all the fuss? on 12:49 - May 23 with 1124 viewsFrimleyBlue

Because it's not the experience that excited the fans. it's the potential of a man who brings through youngsters, likes to play football and accepts when he may be wrong

Hurst is a mini mick. Doesn't excite and won't do anything to bridge the gap between club and fans

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Really, what is all the fuss? on 12:50 - May 23 with 1111 viewspointofblue

Really, what is all the fuss? on 12:49 - May 23 by FrimleyBlue

Because it's not the experience that excited the fans. it's the potential of a man who brings through youngsters, likes to play football and accepts when he may be wrong

Hurst is a mini mick. Doesn't excite and won't do anything to bridge the gap between club and fans

Out of interest, have you seen Shrewsbury play week in week out?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Really, what is all the fuss? on 12:50 - May 23 with 1105 viewsFrimleyBlue

Really, what is all the fuss? on 12:50 - May 23 by pointofblue

Out of interest, have you seen Shrewsbury play week in week out?

Already responded to this on another thread

General consensus is another mick type who likes to try and have ball on floor, but it's more about fitness, being hard to beat blah blah, Watchers of games, have commented on the physical side of the team etc and Hurst himself says performances don't matter its how you can get a win from a game.

[Post edited 23 May 2018 12:52]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Really, what is all the fuss? on 12:53 - May 23 with 1067 viewsCaptainObvious

Oh i see he's now hopeless just because we're not getting him

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Really, what is all the fuss? on 12:58 - May 23 with 1037 viewschfsittingbell

Really, what is all the fuss? on 12:50 - May 23 by FrimleyBlue

General consensus is another mick type who likes to try and have ball on floor, but it's more about fitness, being hard to beat blah blah, Watchers of games, have commented on the physical side of the team etc and Hurst himself says performances don't matter its how you can get a win from a game.

I think this is where Hurst would excel for us. The Championship isn't a place for neat and beautiful football at all costs. I don't recall many teams getting out of the Championship that weren't hard to beat and who weren't up for a physical challenge. The balance between both is most important and in my opinion Hurst offers more than most (out of the managers who would be realistically available to us).
[Post edited 23 May 2018 12:59]
Really, what is all the fuss? on 13:16 - May 23 with 1000 viewsPJH

Really, what is all the fuss? on 12:50 - May 23 by FrimleyBlue

Until SKY change the points system to award points for possession percentages and "performance" I would think any manager doing his job properly should make getting a win from a game his priority.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024