Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now I like Evans but he has dealt like a dick here 12:50 - May 23 with 3185 viewsLord_Lucan

JR was the no 1 choice - so I am led to believe (I know, I know)

Could have sealed it over a week ago.

Fans reaction was massively scrutinised and all the great comments taken on board.

Hung around to speak to Hurst just so he can tell himself that he has touched all bases.

This is a monumental screw up.
[Post edited 23 May 2018 12:52]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Now I like Evans but he has dealt like a dick here on 12:54 - May 23 with 2683 viewsOsborneOneNil

Thing is, I'm not surprised in the least, said it ages ago.........bit of a joke aren't we.
Now I like Evans but he has dealt like a dick here on 12:55 - May 23 with 2646 viewsKieran_Knows

As everyone else has said, it does not surprise me one bit.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Now I like Evans but he has dealt like a dick here on 12:56 - May 23 with 2625 viewstractordownsouth

I'm genuinely gutted.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Now I like Evans but he has dealt like a dick here on 12:58 - May 23 with 2595 viewsdryas

It's sounding like an omnishambles.
Now I like Evans but he has dealt like a dick here on 12:59 - May 23 with 2557 viewsCaptainObvious

I can't believe how many people were mesmerized by him appearing on camera. Ooh doesn't he speak well. Yeah but he's not spending anymore money. That is the be all and end all of the situation.

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Now I like Evans but he has dealt like a dick here on 13:00 - May 23 with 2551 viewsJ2BLUE

There was a poll on the front page showing 70+% favoured Ross over Hurst.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Now I like Evans but he has dealt like a dick here on 13:00 - May 23 with 2539 viewsArcher4721

Maybe he's offered it to him and he wants a bit of time to think about whilst he's away on holiday? Without knowing the facts you really can't blame Evans.
70+% of TWTD users, yeah. (n/t) on 13:01 - May 23 with 2534 viewsBloots

Now I like Evans but he has dealt like a dick here on 13:00 - May 23 by J2BLUE

There was a poll on the front page showing 70+% favoured Ross over Hurst.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Login to get fewer ads

Now I like Evans but he has dealt like a dick here on 13:09 - May 23 with 2482 viewsLord_Lucan

Now I like Evans but he has dealt like a dick here on 13:00 - May 23 by Archer4721

Maybe he's offered it to him and he wants a bit of time to think about whilst he's away on holiday? Without knowing the facts you really can't blame Evans.

He could have closed this deal before Sunderland came looking.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

70+% of TWTD users, yeah. (n/t) on 13:10 - May 23 with 2449 viewsJ2BLUE

70+% of TWTD users, yeah. (n/t) on 13:01 - May 23 by Bloots

Well as the poll was on the front page of TWTD that's not a massive shock.

Truly impaired.

Now I like Evans but he has dealt like a dick here on 13:11 - May 23 with 2427 viewsFunge

I don't like Evans; his tenure of this club has been a fcking useless shambles.

Otherwise in broad agreement with all of your points made.
Exactly. (n/t) on 13:12 - May 23 with 2405 viewsBloots

70+% of TWTD users, yeah. (n/t) on 13:10 - May 23 by J2BLUE

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Now I like Evans but he has dealt like a dick here on 13:13 - May 23 with 2390 viewsBerlinBlue

Maybe it's sth as simple as Sunderland's relative proximity to Scotland that has swung it, who knows. Still, you'd think we'd be a more attractive proposition regardless.

A pity as I think he could've done well with us.
Now I like Evans but he has dealt like a dick here on 13:14 - May 23 with 2376 viewsArcher4721

Now I like Evans but he has dealt like a dick here on 13:09 - May 23 by Lord_Lucan

He could have closed this deal before Sunderland came looking.

How can you close a deal with someone who doesn't want to come here? Remember it was him who was chirping on about our contact with him to the media,basically sending out a come and get me to other clubs.
Now I like Evans but he has dealt like a dick here on 13:14 - May 23 with 2372 viewsLord_Lucan

Now I like Evans but he has dealt like a dick here on 13:11 - May 23 by Funge

I don't like Evans; his tenure of this club has been a fcking useless shambles.

Otherwise in broad agreement with all of your points made.

I've always defended Evans but he has fecked up by letting the glaringly obvious happen.

If anyone else had done this they would be fired.

I've really had enough of ITFC at the moment.

Now I like Evans but he has dealt like a dick here on 13:17 - May 23 with 2323 viewsBlueyandCrazy

We just don't know the facts here. I suspect if Ross accepts the Sunderland job as seems likely now, he would have done this even with a Town offer on the table - there will be a number of reasons why it appears more attractive to him. If Evans had rushed him an offer out, then I'm sure he would have wanted time to consider anyway with Sunderland's interest probably running alongside (although only made public recently)..

Part of the reason there is disappointment on this forum is the perception that Ross was the first choice, fans had come round to the idea etc......that may not be the reality at all. It sounds like Evans wants to consider a number of candidates then make his mind up (some of whom have been less publicised in the media). If one of the candidates gets offered another role in the meantime and decides to take it, Evans isn't going to be bounced into reacting.......he will just get on with the process........if Ross prefers Sunderland then he is not the right man for ITFC!

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Now I like Evans but he has dealt like a dick here on 13:20 - May 23 with 2297 viewsLord_Lucan

Now I like Evans but he has dealt like a dick here on 13:17 - May 23 by BlueyandCrazy

We just don't know the facts here. I suspect if Ross accepts the Sunderland job as seems likely now, he would have done this even with a Town offer on the table - there will be a number of reasons why it appears more attractive to him. If Evans had rushed him an offer out, then I'm sure he would have wanted time to consider anyway with Sunderland's interest probably running alongside (although only made public recently)..

Part of the reason there is disappointment on this forum is the perception that Ross was the first choice, fans had come round to the idea etc......that may not be the reality at all. It sounds like Evans wants to consider a number of candidates then make his mind up (some of whom have been less publicised in the media). If one of the candidates gets offered another role in the meantime and decides to take it, Evans isn't going to be bounced into reacting.......he will just get on with the process........if Ross prefers Sunderland then he is not the right man for ITFC!

The major point you are missing is that we could have wrapped it up before Sunderland came sniffing.

Sunderland were only sold two bloody days ago.

70+% of TWTD users, yeah. (n/t) on 13:22 - May 23 with 2276 viewsGavTWTD

70+% of TWTD users, yeah. (n/t) on 13:10 - May 23 by J2BLUE

and the forum of course. What's your point?

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Now I like Evans but he has dealt like a dick here on 13:23 - May 23 with 2246 viewsArcher4721

Now I like Evans but he has dealt like a dick here on 13:20 - May 23 by Lord_Lucan

The major point you are missing is that we could have wrapped it up before Sunderland came sniffing.

Well he'd obviously been told to wait by Sunderland's new bosses until the takeover. It's obvious they'd been tapping him up probably before we even made contact.
70+% of TWTD users, yeah. (n/t) on 13:24 - May 23 with 2235 viewsJ2BLUE

70+% of TWTD users, yeah. (n/t) on 13:22 - May 23 by GavTWTD

and the forum of course. What's your point?

I said 70+% of people wanted Ross. He said 70+% of TWTDers. I was simply pointing out that it's fairly obviously it was TWTDers when the poll was on the TWTD front page. Basically I wasn't sure what he was getting at or why it was relevant.

Truly impaired.

Now I like Evans but he has dealt like a dick here on 13:25 - May 23 with 2228 viewsLord_Lucan

Now I like Evans but he has dealt like a dick here on 13:23 - May 23 by Archer4721

Well he'd obviously been told to wait by Sunderland's new bosses until the takeover. It's obvious they'd been tapping him up probably before we even made contact.

No, I don't buy that.

Now I like Evans but he has dealt like a dick here on 13:25 - May 23 with 2223 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Now I like Evans but he has dealt like a dick here on 13:20 - May 23 by Lord_Lucan

Not how it works, I suspect the new owners were putting out the feelers a couple of weeks ago and had informally spoken to Ross.

I doubt Ross has accepted the Sunderland role without considering it versus Town. Likewise vice versa .......if he is confirmed as Sunderland manager its because it was more attractive to him in a number of ways (closer to Scotland, chances of winning league 1, bigger latent club) ....which Evans / Town can't influence.

If confirmed, move on ....and Evans will..... We just wont ever know how close he was ever to coming to town

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Now I like Evans but he has dealt like a dick here on 13:26 - May 23 with 2209 viewsArcher4721

Now I like Evans but he has dealt like a dick here on 13:25 - May 23 by Lord_Lucan

No, I don't buy that.

You clearly don't understand how football works then.
Now I like Evans but he has dealt like a dick here on 13:29 - May 23 with 2193 viewsLord_Lucan

Now I like Evans but he has dealt like a dick here on 13:26 - May 23 by Archer4721

You clearly don't understand how football works then.

Don't start getting all Dicky Archer - we have been getting on so well.

The time scale from our interest and Sunderlands potential interest don't equate.

Now I like Evans but he has dealt like a dick here on 13:38 - May 23 with 2145 viewsArcher4721

Now I like Evans but he has dealt like a dick here on 13:29 - May 23 by Lord_Lucan

Don't start getting all Dicky Archer - we have been getting on so well.

The time scale from our interest and Sunderlands potential interest don't equate.

You're being very naive here. Football is an underhand business.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024