Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well this has quickly escalated! 13:04 - May 23 with 827 viewsDanFord

St Mirren say NO contact with Ross. The media all claiming it's a done deal. Now Sky and the BBC don't often confirm it's going to happen if it isn't, but you have to believe the St Mirren Chairman, who instead of staying quiet as the deal progresses comes out and laughs and says he has no idea what the media is talking about. Doesn't sound done to me. Which is potentially excellent news as Sunderland are claiming they are going to announce the manager today, but Ross is on holiday according to St Mirren, and you don't announce a manager if they are not at the club, in the building holding up the shirt. This is unprecedented. It could be Sunderland were never in for Ross, appoint someone else and a lot of you need to apologise to Evans. If it is Ross then the behaviour of St Mirren is completely bizarre. It's one thing for the Chairman to be asked if he's going there, but another for him to come out and say 'WTF are Talksport on about'.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Well this has quickly escalated! on 13:12 - May 23 with 759 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's all a little bit strange. The obvious red herring in all of this is JR's holiday. That won't stop anything from happening. He can be in touch with his agent and clubs on a daily basis, and If he wants something badly enough he'd be on the first train/plane to wherever he needs to be.

And then as you say, either St Mirren are telling porkies or the new Sunderland owner is (his behaviour today has been a bit erratic) or the BBC have erroneously jumped the gun, which as you say is rare on this type of thing.

All very weird.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Well this has quickly escalated! on 13:16 - May 23 with 705 viewsDanFord

Well this has quickly escalated! on 13:12 - May 23 by Swansea_Blue

It's all a little bit strange. The obvious red herring in all of this is JR's holiday. That won't stop anything from happening. He can be in touch with his agent and clubs on a daily basis, and If he wants something badly enough he'd be on the first train/plane to wherever he needs to be.

And then as you say, either St Mirren are telling porkies or the new Sunderland owner is (his behaviour today has been a bit erratic) or the BBC have erroneously jumped the gun, which as you say is rare on this type of thing.

All very weird.

Very much so. If Ross has genuinely been speaking to Sunderland without permission then he's not the man I'd want at my club, especially bizarre when his own club have let him talk to us twice and wouldn't have stopped him speaking with Sunderland. The only thing I can think of that makes sense is Sunderland are about to appoint someone and somehow Ross has been incorrectly suggested as that person and everyone has run with it. It makes no sense for the St Mirren chairman to lie about contact. So it's got to be one of those two. Ross seems a decent guy, so I am hopeful it's mistaken identity and Sunderland are about to appoint someone else. The bit about the incoming manager being so excited to be there, makes me think it is either Ross or someone from the lower leagues or Scotland.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Well this has quickly escalated! on 13:19 - May 23 with 650 viewsSwansea_Blue

Well this has quickly escalated! on 13:16 - May 23 by DanFord

Very much so. If Ross has genuinely been speaking to Sunderland without permission then he's not the man I'd want at my club, especially bizarre when his own club have let him talk to us twice and wouldn't have stopped him speaking with Sunderland. The only thing I can think of that makes sense is Sunderland are about to appoint someone and somehow Ross has been incorrectly suggested as that person and everyone has run with it. It makes no sense for the St Mirren chairman to lie about contact. So it's got to be one of those two. Ross seems a decent guy, so I am hopeful it's mistaken identity and Sunderland are about to appoint someone else. The bit about the incoming manager being so excited to be there, makes me think it is either Ross or someone from the lower leagues or Scotland.

Yep, there may well be a twist yet. Media and twitter just recycling the same non-sourced, non-proven mention of them agreeing terms. Even Phil's in on the act now.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Well this has quickly escalated! on 13:19 - May 23 with 643 viewsSouperJim

Well this has quickly escalated! on 13:16 - May 23 by DanFord

Ross was/is considered the front runner for the job both here and at Sunderland, so it only takes one press outfit to decide it's him that has got the Sunderland job and all the others follow suit, regardless of whether that's accurate or not.

Here's hoping.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024