Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. 13:07 - May 23 with 3154 viewsLord_Lucan

We've been out dealt.

Simples.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 13:08 - May 23 with 3145 viewsportmanking

That's precisely it. There's definitely been 'skullduggery' going on in a bid to keep a lid on it from us.
If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 13:11 - May 23 with 3090 viewsLord_Lucan

If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 13:08 - May 23 by portmanking

That's precisely it. There's definitely been 'skullduggery' going on in a bid to keep a lid on it from us.

To be fair it doesn't look good on Ross.

All we can do now is glance back in two years time and reflect.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 13:13 - May 23 with 3046 viewsIpswich_Crazy

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11695/11382737/sunderland-agree-terms-wit

There is your answer.

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 13:14 - May 23 with 3032 viewsSwansea_Blue

If Sunderland had approached St Mirren, you'd expect St Mirren to have known something about it too.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 13:23 - May 23 with 2986 viewsLord_Lucan

If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 13:13 - May 23 by Ipswich_Crazy

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11695/11382737/sunderland-agree-terms-wit

There is your answer.

What was the answer crazy because I missed it.

If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 13:26 - May 23 with 2953 viewsSpruceMoose

Meh. I'd never heard of the bloke a month ago.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 13:29 - May 23 with 2926 viewsDarth_Koont

But nothing to have stopped Ross from informing us he'd been offered terms if we were his first choice. But I don't think we would be.

If he did get in touch but we didn't want to hijack the deal then Ross perhaps isn't enough of a standout candidate for ME anyway.

Pronouns: He/Him

If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 13:32 - May 23 with 2898 viewsLord_Lucan

If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 13:29 - May 23 by Darth_Koont

But nothing to have stopped Ross from informing us he'd been offered terms if we were his first choice. But I don't think we would be.

If he did get in touch but we didn't want to hijack the deal then Ross perhaps isn't enough of a standout candidate for ME anyway.

Not sure what you are trying to say.

I also think that he would choose Sunderland over us purely by location but the fact remains that we ourselves fecked it up when it almost certainly could have been in the bag.

Login to get fewer ads

If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 13:34 - May 23 with 2849 viewschicoazul

If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 13:08 - May 23 by portmanking

Who knows though? Maybe Evans didnt like the bloke? Maybe he wanted a ridiculous amount of money? I am all for exposing Evans' as a bad Owner of our club but we can't slate him for inside baseball stuff we basically have no knowledge of.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 13:37 - May 23 with 2812 viewsPJH

If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 13:11 - May 23 by Lord_Lucan

It will be two years before we can really decide whether Ross would or would not have been a success for us, assuming he does go to Sunderland, because whoever is at Sunderland next season should bring them straight back up.
Until if and when he does well with Sunderland in the Championship we can only wonder what he might or might not have done here.
If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 14:17 - May 23 with 2762 viewsDarth_Koont

If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 13:32 - May 23 by Lord_Lucan

Not sure what you are trying to say.

I also think that he would choose Sunderland over us purely by location but the fact remains that we ourselves fecked it up when it almost certainly could have been in the bag.

Yeah, location will come into it. But maybe what I was trying and failing to say was that if Sunderland wasn't in fact his preferred option then he could have forced the issue with Evans once Sunderland offered him the job.

So either he didn't contact us or Evans wasn't sufficiently interested to compete.

If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 14:23 - May 23 with 2730 viewsitfcjoe

If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 14:17 - May 23 by Darth_Koont

Yeah, location will come into it. But maybe what I was trying and failing to say was that if Sunderland wasn't in fact his preferred option then he could have forced the issue with Evans once Sunderland offered him the job.

So either he didn't contact us or Evans wasn't sufficiently interested to compete.

Or they just blew him away and he felt wanted more

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 14:24 - May 23 with 2713 viewsHennikerBlu

If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 13:11 - May 23 by Lord_Lucan

I agree 100% this is a poor reflection on him as he did not seek permission first. I also suspect that he knew about the Sunderland job, if not prior to his interest in us, not long after, hence why he was hyping the Ipswich contact up, funny how he did not mention any interest from Sunderland to perhaps encourage Ipswich to go firm......

I think this is the job he wanted, closer to home, can dip in to the Scottish leagues for value whilst sorting out the fire sale and start off in a lower league with the biggest club in that division.
[Post edited 23 May 2018 14:42]
If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 14:28 - May 23 with 2700 viewsHennikerBlu

If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 14:23 - May 23 by itfcjoe

Possibly, but why then did they not go down the proper route and ask permission? They must have had substantial talks with him, this wasn't a chat over a swift glass in a Glasgow bar.
[Post edited 23 May 2018 14:29]
If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 14:29 - May 23 with 2682 viewshype313

If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 14:28 - May 23 by HennikerBlu

Possibly, but why then did they not go down the proper route and ask permission? They must have had substantial talks with him, this wasn't a chat over a swift glass in a Glasgow bar.

Is that how it's done up there, go all "Begbie"?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 14:30 - May 23 with 2678 viewsKieran_Knows

If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 14:28 - May 23 by HennikerBlu

.... exactly as Joe said, they wanted to steal a march on us, for him, and turn his head, which it looks like they have done.

As I said on another thread, £50k compensation to get him, and then another £50k slap on the wrist for not taking the right procedures. Not going to bother Sunderland is it?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 14:30 - May 23 with 2677 viewsDarth_Koont

If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 14:23 - May 23 by itfcjoe

Yeah, I can easily believe we weren't first choice.

If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 14:34 - May 23 with 2644 viewsHennikerBlu

If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 14:30 - May 23 by Kieran_Knows

.... exactly as Joe said, they wanted to steal a march on us, for him, and turn his head, which it looks like they have done.

As I said on another thread, £50k compensation to get him, and then another £50k slap on the wrist for not taking the right procedures. Not going to bother Sunderland is it?

I agree, equally JR is then just as likely to have changed his mind on us if ME had made an offer if Sunderland had come in before contracts were signed. I suspect the discussions with Sunderland are not that recent, I also think 'publicly' talking about our interest in him was a nod to Sunderland to get things done. Or why not mention Sunderland's interest to encourage ME?

Frankly I think this is a poor reflection on JR.
If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 14:35 - May 23 with 2638 viewsitfcjoe

If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 14:30 - May 23 by Darth_Koont

Yeah, I can easily believe we weren't first choice.

We could have got the deal done before this vacancy had even arisen though in reality.

I've been saying it for a while, but the reality was once our recruitment process was quite far advanced and Shrews qualified for Wembley we had to rule him out because that 2 week delay just wasn't going to work in such a fast moving market when there are sharks in the water

If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 14:38 - May 23 with 2619 viewsDarth_Koont

If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 14:35 - May 23 by itfcjoe

We could have got the deal done before this vacancy had even arisen though in reality.

I've been saying it for a while, but the reality was once our recruitment process was quite far advanced and Shrews qualified for Wembley we had to rule him out because that 2 week delay just wasn't going to work in such a fast moving market when there are sharks in the water

Sunderland's had a vacancy for almost a month. Perhaps much longer if they already knew Coleman was on his way out - in which case they could have been in contact with Ross even before us.

If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 14:41 - May 23 with 2584 viewsHennikerBlu

If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 14:29 - May 23 by hype313

Is that how it's done up there, go all "Begbie"?

Who knows, what we do know is that he did not inform his chairman or did Sunderland seek permission. For such a significant appointment they must have had lengthy talks. All the time going public about our interest and not mentioning that of Sunderland. All 'smacks' of wanting the Sunderland job more and encouraging them to finalise things by highlighting the official interest from ourselves and Barnsley.
If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 14:41 - May 23 with 2583 viewsitfcjoe

If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 14:38 - May 23 by Darth_Koont

Sunderland's had a vacancy for almost a month. Perhaps much longer if they already knew Coleman was on his way out - in which case they could have been in contact with Ross even before us.

Takeover has only been going through for last couple of weeks though - can't imagine anyone would have held out for that with a firm offer on the table.

If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 14:55 - May 23 with 2517 viewsDarth_Koont

If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 14:41 - May 23 by itfcjoe

Takeover has only been going through for last couple of weeks though - can't imagine anyone would have held out for that with a firm offer on the table.

But looks like they've been dealing with applicants and candidates while the takeover was being ratified.

If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 14:56 - May 23 with 2513 viewsHennikerBlu

If Sunderland had approached St Mirren Evans would have got wind. on 14:38 - May 23 by Darth_Koont

Good points- they would still need a manager whether they were sold or not so it is possible the old owners would have or had made a 'conditional' offer. I would assume interviewing would have started at a similar time as ours. Then firm offer and final interview subject to approval of the new owners.

Sunderland, have a debt of circa £100mil we have a debt of £85mil. They have a squad to sort and a fire sale, but they still have the following to play with in League 1:

"The Black Cats will receive £35m from the Premier League this season (2017-18) and next, and then in the 2019-20 season they will receive a further £14m."

So more than enough at least to pay a manager a decent salary and close enough to the border for JR to pick up value players.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024