Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everyone is missing this one scenario 13:24 - May 23 with 2273 viewsDanFord

Evans offered Ross the job. He wanted time to consider it because of interest from other clubs and he's ultimately decided to move to Sunderland, a bigger club with much more money that we have, in an easier division, closer to home. Why does it have to be that Evans has dithered? Could it not just be we both wanted him and he picked another club for one of a variety of reasons?

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Everyone is missing this one scenario on 13:26 - May 23 with 2218 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Everyone is missing this one scenario on 13:26 - May 23 with 2210 viewsfabian_illness

I think you've hit the nail on the head.
Everyone is missing this one scenario on 13:27 - May 23 with 2172 viewshomer_123

As I've posted....I'd be genuinely suprised if Ross chose Sunderland over Evans.

Brand new owners, basket case of a club but yes, likely more funds to play with.

Given Ross walked away from Barnsley, new owners, promise of funds etc. and that he's stated what he wants/ needs from a Club and then factor in how he's conducted himself etc. If the choice is between Ipswich and Sunderland (I think he'd choose us). Of course, he might well turn us both down.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Everyone is missing this one scenario on 13:28 - May 23 with 2139 viewsBOjK

That isn't what's happened though. The club is leaky enough for us to be pretty sure of this.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Everyone is missing this one scenario on 13:30 - May 23 with 2119 viewsTJS

I'd like to believe that but I'm not convinced.
To be fair Ipswich is a much bigger challenge than Sunderland.
If he goes there he will have the best squad in the division and if it goes well he'll have a full season experience before hitting the Championship.
On the other hand if it goes badly and they are not in the top six in December he will be out.
Everyone is missing this one scenario on 13:32 - May 23 with 2080 viewshomer_123

Everyone is missing this one scenario on 13:30 - May 23 by TJS

I'd like to believe that but I'm not convinced.
To be fair Ipswich is a much bigger challenge than Sunderland.
If he goes there he will have the best squad in the division and if it goes well he'll have a full season experience before hitting the Championship.
On the other hand if it goes badly and they are not in the top six in December he will be out.

If he goes, I am genuinely surprised to be honest.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Everyone is missing this one scenario on 13:33 - May 23 with 2042 viewsDarth_Koont

You're absolutely right.

Lots of different scenarios in this that we can't possibly know. Crucially, we have no idea of how Ross even stacks up against the other candidates in ME's mind. Nor how Ross saw the Ipswich job for his career. For instance, he may see the 5 year plan as a real risk as far as a manager and his development goes.

Pronouns: He/Him

Everyone is missing this one scenario on 13:34 - May 23 with 2037 viewsFrimleyBlue

Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... by jampow 23 May 2018 12:40
https://twitter.com/skysports_keith/status/999252766257303554?s=21

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

Everyone is missing this one scenario on 13:34 - May 23 with 2022 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Sunderland are not a bigger club than Ipswich. They get more fans and have a bigger stadium but their history in the last 50 years is not great.

They are also in the third tier of English football. Town haven't been there for over 60 years.

Town fans shouldn't think of us as a small club. We are a giant in provincial terms like Nottingham Forest.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Everyone is missing this one scenario on 13:35 - May 23 with 2010 viewsFrimleyBlue

Everyone is missing this one scenario on 13:33 - May 23 by Darth_Koont

You're absolutely right.

Lots of different scenarios in this that we can't possibly know. Crucially, we have no idea of how Ross even stacks up against the other candidates in ME's mind. Nor how Ross saw the Ipswich job for his career. For instance, he may see the 5 year plan as a real risk as far as a manager and his development goes.

Regarding your final point... I can't see him being Sunderland Manager come 2019/2020 if he fails to get them up.

That wouldn't be great for development

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Everyone is missing this one scenario on 13:37 - May 23 with 1982 viewsDanFord

Everyone is missing this one scenario on 13:34 - May 23 by The_Last_Baron

Sunderland are not a bigger club than Ipswich. They get more fans and have a bigger stadium but their history in the last 50 years is not great.

They are also in the third tier of English football. Town haven't been there for over 60 years.

Town fans shouldn't think of us as a small club. We are a giant in provincial terms like Nottingham Forest.

If you want to make the size of a club about history, then you have to recognise that they have been in the Premier League for the last 10 years or whatever it is while we have been in the Championship. You can't pick and choose which parts of history you like. We have won more than them in the last 30 years, but in the last ten years they've played in a higher division and averaged twice what we get through the gates. They are a bigger club right now. In 2 or 3 years they may no longer be. Leeds are bigger than Bournemouth but if things stay the same for the next 10 years that won't be the case.

Everyone is missing this one scenario on 13:47 - May 23 with 1913 viewsitfcjoe

We could have had the deal tied up before there was even a vacancy - he was clearly hot property.

This isn't the business world, you can't take a silly amount of time and do full due diligence on every possible candidate - there are deadlines to work to and sharks in the water. You get your man and don't let go.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Everyone is missing this one scenario on 13:49 - May 23 with 1893 viewsDanFord

Everyone is missing this one scenario on 13:47 - May 23 by itfcjoe

We could have had the deal tied up before there was even a vacancy - he was clearly hot property.

This isn't the business world, you can't take a silly amount of time and do full due diligence on every possible candidate - there are deadlines to work to and sharks in the water. You get your man and don't let go.

But what if he isn't Evans man? If he was Evans would have made him an offer. If Sunderland have beaten that with silly money then nothing we can do. Nothing to say Evans wants Ross more than anyone. Just a suggestion he's one he's impressed by.

Everyone is missing this one scenario on 13:54 - May 23 with 1853 viewsitfcjoe

Everyone is missing this one scenario on 13:49 - May 23 by DanFord

But what if he isn't Evans man? If he was Evans would have made him an offer. If Sunderland have beaten that with silly money then nothing we can do. Nothing to say Evans wants Ross more than anyone. Just a suggestion he's one he's impressed by.

Who says its silly money? 5x his salary at St Mirren is probably half of what Mick was on!

Everyone is missing this one scenario on 13:57 - May 23 with 1812 viewsITFCBlues

Everyone is missing this one scenario on 13:54 - May 23 by itfcjoe

Who says its silly money? 5x his salary at St Mirren is probably half of what Mick was on!

Stop getting your knickers in a twist....seems it’s BS anyways...

[Post edited 23 May 2018 13:57]

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Everyone is missing this one scenario on 13:59 - May 23 with 1782 viewsitfcjoe

Everyone is missing this one scenario on 13:57 - May 23 by ITFCBlues

Stop getting your knickers in a twist....seems it’s BS anyways...

[Post edited 23 May 2018 13:57]

If they've agreed terms with the bloke, that will just be a formailty

Everyone is missing this one scenario on 14:00 - May 23 with 1767 viewsITFCBlues

Everyone is missing this one scenario on 13:59 - May 23 by itfcjoe

They’ve not even had permission to speak to him!

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Everyone is missing this one scenario on 14:01 - May 23 with 1762 viewsKieran_Knows

Everyone is missing this one scenario on 14:00 - May 23 by ITFCBlues

They’ve not even had permission to speak to him!

That won't matter.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Everyone is missing this one scenario on 14:01 - May 23 with 1757 viewsDanFord

Everyone is missing this one scenario on 13:59 - May 23 by itfcjoe

Which is fine. Because if they have agreed terms then Ross is a massive t*sser that we wouldn't want near the club. Win win.

Everyone is missing this one scenario on 14:01 - May 23 with 1752 viewsSteve_M

Everyone is missing this one scenario on 13:27 - May 23 by homer_123

As I've posted....I'd be genuinely suprised if Ross chose Sunderland over Evans.

Brand new owners, basket case of a club but yes, likely more funds to play with.

Given Ross walked away from Barnsley, new owners, promise of funds etc. and that he's stated what he wants/ needs from a Club and then factor in how he's conducted himself etc. If the choice is between Ipswich and Sunderland (I think he'd choose us). Of course, he might well turn us both down.

With a new owner and a buzz of optimism they are probably as attractive as they've been in years at the moment though. Whether that lasts beyond September is another matter.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Everyone is missing this one scenario on 14:10 - May 23 with 1696 viewsDarth_Koont

Everyone is missing this one scenario on 13:27 - May 23 by homer_123

Actually I think it's an easier challenge to improve them and likely a bigger result for his career.

Put it this way I think with the same manager for both clubs, that manager would find it easier and quicker to get Sunderland promoted to the Premier League even starting in League One.

Everyone is missing this one scenario on 14:13 - May 23 with 1667 viewsDarth_Koont

Everyone is missing this one scenario on 13:35 - May 23 by FrimleyBlue

Regarding your final point... I can't see him being Sunderland Manager come 2019/2020 if he fails to get them up.

That wouldn't be great for development

Maybe not. But how much blame would he get from the outside. They're a club that's just had consecutive relegations.

Meanwhile he'll have to do a very good job just to get us into the top half and that would largely go unnoticed.

Everyone is missing this one scenario on 14:15 - May 23 with 1653 viewsGlebeTractor

I didn't miss it...

Ross V Lampard by GlebeTractor 21 May 2018 10:19
If Sunderland are in talks, I expect he'll go there, nearer to Scotland, bigger club, great fanbase, easier task to get them promoted from L1 to make his name in English football. If I was in his shoes, I know who I'd pick as my first venture into English management.

Lampard, with the right backroom staff advising and assisting him, I feel could be a great choice. Well educated, played at the highest level and always seems very professional when doing punditry.

But, my money is on Hurst...

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024