Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Its not a bad thing for us, Ross going to Sunderland. 14:14 - May 23 with 1284 viewsWadeyBlue

He's had a few clubs wanting to sign him.

I think he probably thinks a start in EFL at League 1 level will help his long term career. Maybe he's not ready for Championship football and needs to take it slowly.

To control a Championship team and not lose the respect of the players which will ultimately end in relegation is a massive ask in our league. If he definately doesnt choose us one of the factors will be hes not ready for the Championship.

Edit: At his age i personally dont think the money offered by Sunderland will be a big sway.
[Post edited 23 May 2018 14:19]

Poll: In our multicultural society and ever changing world should we offer halal food?

Its not a bad thing for us, Ross going to Sunderland. on 14:20 - May 23 with 1247 viewsGavTWTD

There is that, but he'd be under more pressure there to get promotion in his first year, whereas with us he'd have time to build something.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Its not a bad thing for us, Ross going to Sunderland. on 14:23 - May 23 with 1225 viewsurbanblue

Its not a bad thing for us, Ross going to Sunderland. on 14:20 - May 23 by GavTWTD

There is that, but he'd be under more pressure there to get promotion in his first year, whereas with us he'd have time to build something.

That's a point that I don't get with this decision if true. With us he would have time ... something we historically have always allowed our managers. He will have to hit the ground running at Sunderland. They will want quick results.

Oh, and he will also be stuck with some expensive players on long contacts.
Its not a bad thing for us, Ross going to Sunderland. on 14:25 - May 23 with 1219 viewsJohnny_Boy

Its not a bad thing for us, Ross going to Sunderland. on 14:20 - May 23 by GavTWTD

The new Sunderland owner reiterated a 3yr plan to get back into the Premiership.

That doesn't leave much room for too much messing about. Like you say, get promoted out of L1 at first attempt, then 2 seasons in The Championship.

You think those 3yrs have anything to do with those parachute payments?
Its not a bad thing for us, Ross going to Sunderland. on 14:29 - May 23 with 1200 viewshomer_123

Its not a bad thing for us, Ross going to Sunderland. on 14:25 - May 23 by Johnny_Boy

The new Sunderland owner reiterated a 3yr plan to get back into the Premiership.

That doesn't leave much room for too much messing about. Like you say, get promoted out of L1 at first attempt, then 2 seasons in The Championship.

Did you see the post Steve_M made on the Sunderlands finances?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Its not a bad thing for us, Ross going to Sunderland. on 14:32 - May 23 with 1190 viewsEdmunds5

I think its also the fact that despite people being against McCarthy towards the latter stages of his reign, we've probably finished level or above our expectations whereas fairly big names have tried to have success at Sunderland and it hasn't worked . If he can bring spark to Sunderland its going to do good things for his reputation.

La la la Sixto Peralta
Poll: Transfer deadline day or Christmas?
Blog: A Representation Of Stability

Its not a bad thing for us, Ross going to Sunderland. on 14:33 - May 23 with 1185 viewsJohnny_Boy

Its not a bad thing for us, Ross going to Sunderland. on 14:29 - May 23 by homer_123

Did you see the post Steve_M made on the Sunderlands finances?

I had to pop out briefly. Must have missed them. Linky?
Its not a bad thing for us, Ross going to Sunderland. on 14:36 - May 23 with 1166 viewsFrimleyBlue

Its not a bad thing for us, Ross going to Sunderland. on 14:25 - May 23 by Johnny_Boy

Think a 3 year plan shows the need of auto promotion in first season. More than 1 season in league 1 will make it harder to attract and keep players in season 2

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Its not a bad thing for us, Ross going to Sunderland. on 14:37 - May 23 with 1158 viewshomer_123

Its not a bad thing for us, Ross going to Sunderland. on 14:33 - May 23 by Johnny_Boy

Really good piece on Sunderland's financial situation by Steve_M 22 May 2018 8:09

http://priceoffootball.com/sunderland-short-changed/

Tl;dr: It's an utter mess.

They need someone to do what Kenny Jackett did at Wolves and get them back to the second tier quite quickly.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Its not a bad thing for us, Ross going to Sunderland. on 14:44 - May 23 with 1142 viewsGavTWTD

Its not a bad thing for us, Ross going to Sunderland. on 14:33 - May 23 by Johnny_Boy

I think the gist is that the parachute payments have gone to the old owners as part of the club sale, so they haven't got that luxury.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Its not a bad thing for us, Ross going to Sunderland. on 14:52 - May 23 with 1114 viewsJohnny_Boy

Its not a bad thing for us, Ross going to Sunderland. on 14:44 - May 23 by GavTWTD

I think the gist is that the parachute payments have gone to the old owners as part of the club sale, so they haven't got that luxury.

So quite a risk to appoint a manager with zero L1 or Championship experience of promotion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024