Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bothered if Ross goes to Sunderland 19:18 - May 23 with 2498 viewss6blue

Who cares? World will still rotate. Ipswich town F.C. will still exist. Hurst if it turns out to be the one will get my backing. End of.
Bothered if Ross goes to Sunderland on 19:26 - May 23 with 2474 viewsSkuse4ballondor

Evans has missed out on the best opportunity he will get to unite the fan base and build some momentum. Ross is clearly a very good manager with a lot of potential. No one is saying it's the end of the world but People should be allowed to be annoyed that we've not got him.
Bothered if Ross goes to Sunderland on 19:28 - May 23 with 2458 viewsJ2BLUE

Were you using the same logic at the end of MM's reign?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Bothered if Ross goes to Sunderland on 19:30 - May 23 with 2452 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Bothered if Ross goes to Sunderland on 19:26 - May 23 by Skuse4ballondor

Evans has missed out on the best opportunity he will get to unite the fan base and build some momentum. Ross is clearly a very good manager with a lot of potential. No one is saying it's the end of the world but People should be allowed to be annoyed that we've not got him.

Clearly good manager at that level, shows absolute no comparaision to Paul Hursts credentials, shouldn’t be mentioned alongside Paul hurst, hence why Evans is waiting to see Hurst post Sunday. I agree, couldn’t care less if Ross goes to Sunderland, I would prefer Hurst 100 times out of a 100. Let him go to Sunderland. Sinking club in league 1 with a wage bill fit for the premier league, new owners can’t save that. Billy big times have made that club rotten. Shame really, will be interesting to see where Ross will be at in 12 months.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Bothered if Ross goes to Sunderland on 19:32 - May 23 with 2435 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Bothered if Ross goes to Sunderland on 19:28 - May 23 by J2BLUE

F*** Mick McCarthy. He’ll do nuttin.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Bothered if Ross goes to Sunderland on 20:50 - May 23 with 2346 viewsBloomBlue

You assume Ross would have taken it if it had been offered, it's just as feasible he already knew Sunderland were interested in him and if we had offered he would turn us down.

Maybe ME got the feeling he wasnt as keen during the interview.

Maybe ME prefers Hurst and Hurst has made it clear he won't do anything until after the playoff final.
Bothered if Ross goes to Sunderland on 20:58 - May 23 with 2318 viewss6blue

Bothered if Ross goes to Sunderland on 19:28 - May 23 by J2BLUE

What’s mick got to do with it? He s gone. In the past now. He did a bloody good job overall, and it s a shame it ended the way it did. The cycle ended for him and there was no way back. Ross is not the be all and end all as much as I think he clearly has potential. If hurst gets it in my opinion he deserves a shot at it- more so than Ross given what he s achieved so far
Bothered if Ross goes to Sunderland on 21:04 - May 23 with 2283 viewskeighleyblue

What utter rubbish. Ross has just taken a team out of our equivalent of League 2. Nothing more. You seriously think there is no-one at least as good / better out there?
Bothered if Ross goes to Sunderland on 21:04 - May 23 with 2282 viewss6blue

What’s the point in getting annoyed on something u have 0 control of? I didn’t win the lottery on Saturday. Meh. Ross might well be great wherever he goes but equally he might well fail. If the whole plan was to get hurst and we get him then I m happy with that. If the palm was always to get hurst, we sound out Ross who might well be keen and hurst says no interest and we end up with say Grayson, then u can get annoyed.
Login to get fewer ads

Bothered if Ross goes to Sunderland on 21:06 - May 23 with 2269 viewss6blue

Bothered if Ross goes to Sunderland on 21:04 - May 23 by keighleyblue

What utter rubbish. Ross has just taken a team out of our equivalent of League 2. Nothing more. You seriously think there is no-one at least as good / better out there?

Agreed. If it is hurst then he deserves our backing just as much as Ross would
Bothered if Ross goes to Sunderland on 21:11 - May 23 with 2252 viewsHennikerBlu

I'm not sure I agree, it is quite possible that JR had been in negotiations with Sunderland before us and was waiting the take over before finalising. Or why did he not inform his chairman or mention Sunderland's interesting when he did mention ours to the press? Clearly he has benefitted from our interest.

Not really ME's fault, kind of like saying the guy did not have any free will of his own.
Bothered if Ross goes to Sunderland on 21:12 - May 23 with 2247 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Whoever it turns out to be should get our backing.

It is notable the same fuss would have been made by some over Steijn if he had been the media's favourite and had just moved to another Dutch club instead.

There are a number of good managers out there and we are right to take our time to get the right one and not jump at the first one who looks good in one or two aspects. Being happy to come here and not someone to jump ship at the first sign of something else are two things to desire in my opinion.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Bothered if Ross goes to Sunderland on 21:18 - May 23 with 2218 viewsjas0999

Most folk happy with Hurst I suspect. But what if we don’t get him!?
Bothered if Ross goes to Sunderland on 21:20 - May 23 with 2202 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Bothered if Ross goes to Sunderland on 21:18 - May 23 by jas0999

Most folk happy with Hurst I suspect. But what if we don’t get him!?

What then? Burley to appease our fanbase or some unemployed journeyman. What a farce that would be.
Bothered if Ross goes to Sunderland on 21:22 - May 23 with 2198 viewsKuqicoo

I upvoted the OP...then accidently downvoted with my fat fingers.
Now it says I've both up and downvoted...how is that actually possible?

Anyway I agree if it's not JR then move on. I'm impressed by Paul Hurst. He was one of my favourites to start with so here's hoping
Bothered if Ross goes to Sunderland on 21:25 - May 23 with 2188 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Bothered if Ross goes to Sunderland on 21:20 - May 23 by Mach_foreignBlue

What then? Burley to appease our fanbase or some unemployed journeyman. What a farce that would be.

ME does not appear to work on the basis of "appease the fan base".

He could look at any number of other options. We do not know if he has interviewed anyone else who has impressed him.

Although Lampard is out of the running because of terms perhaps ME would go back and find mutual ground after all if Lampard realised he isn't going to get anything near what he wants and ME decides he has to give some ground.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Bothered if Ross goes to Sunderland on 21:34 - May 23 with 2167 viewsSkuse4ballondor

Bothered if Ross goes to Sunderland on 21:04 - May 23 by keighleyblue

Which part is utter rubbish? Ross had more support from the fans, his appointment would have united the majority of the fans. Scottish manager of the year shows he is great manager with a lot of potential. I am disappointed we've missed out. Of course I will back Hurst if we get him. Your point about winning the equivalent of league 2 doesn't mean everything. It is not purely about experience, I would rather have Nathan Jones, who just got promoted from league 2, than Hurst. His attacking mentality is what the club needs. A higher level doesn't necessarily mean a better manager.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024