Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... 21:30 - May 23 with 20269 viewsElderGrizzly

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 10:36 - May 24 with 3470 viewsBrixtonBlue

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 10:08 - May 24 by connorscontract

I've been consistent in backing the poster on the first page (Limitless iirc) who said it was appalling but spoke out against the vigilante response. A couple of people accused Limitless of being PS for saying that!

I personally don't buy the story (there's too many steps: they did this, locked me out, deactivated my account etc) but if he sticks with it then it is right to include the "if" or "person" qualifications in posts.

He's either a bloke who has been set up really badly by a "friend" or someone who did something awful and who is now trying to avoid the consequences. The latter makes the original "crime"worse. If the former, he should report the "friend" to the Police and allow them to deal with it.

Agreed.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 10:41 - May 24 with 3453 viewsslideaway

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 10:21 - May 24 by itfcjoe

The story is that his mates did it, in that case his judgement needs to be questioned too.

You are not a very rational person are you? The man has not got poor judgement just because his mate 'may' have lost his head, stole his phone and said something as ridiculous as that. You cannot know someone would do this before you become friends with someone. Perhaps you can though and you have impeccible judgement and you pick your friends out and they have never ever let you down.

However I do think it was him, clearly just on damage control
Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 11:02 - May 24 with 3416 viewsitfcjoe

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 10:41 - May 24 by slideaway

You are not a very rational person are you? The man has not got poor judgement just because his mate 'may' have lost his head, stole his phone and said something as ridiculous as that. You cannot know someone would do this before you become friends with someone. Perhaps you can though and you have impeccible judgement and you pick your friends out and they have never ever let you down.

However I do think it was him, clearly just on damage control

Like yourself, I just don't buy the story at all - it's the bog standard social media excuse when people get caught out.

I think it is safe to say none of my mates would steal my phone and tweet about dead children though

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 11:17 - May 24 with 3380 viewsBrixtonBlue

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 11:02 - May 24 by itfcjoe

Like yourself, I just don't buy the story at all - it's the bog standard social media excuse when people get caught out.

I think it is safe to say none of my mates would steal my phone and tweet about dead children though

My mates wouldn't do that either.

One, however, did pick up my phone when I nipped to the loo and facebook tagged me on a photo of a girl I'd slept with. That took some explaining!

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 11:29 - May 24 with 3362 viewsclive_baker

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:36 - May 24 by connorscontract

Retweeting a tribute to BL is just the kind of virtue signalling people do every day on Social Media.

Typing something appallingly crass when baited is just the kind of thing people do every day on Social Media.

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. Whoever did this showed an appalling lack of judgement, failure of impulse control and inability to self-censor. None of those things would preclude them from retweeting a tribute to BL, particularly if they'd just seen a video of him or were a bit beered up and emotional.

You're looking for rigorous intellectual consistency in a (presumably alcohol influenced (pub story)) Twitter spat.

I genuinely hope no physical harm comes to him. Anyone who gives him a kicking is just giving their own inner ar5ehole permission and it says a lot about their own issues. The only people who have a right to do so would be Bradley's family, but I wouldn't mind betting that they would see it as significantly beneath them. They've experienced the worst of human experiences, but also experienced the best we can give each other in terms of love and support.

I think the best that could happen would be for ITFC to repudiate these comments and ban him (or whoever typed them on his phone). And for that person to man up, apologise unreservedly and whole-heartedly and take whatever punishment ITFC or the legal process deem appropriate.
[Post edited 24 May 2018 9:49]

Well said. Could not agree more.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 11:35 - May 24 with 3346 viewsJ2BLUE

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 11:17 - May 24 by BrixtonBlue

My mates wouldn't do that either.

One, however, did pick up my phone when I nipped to the loo and facebook tagged me on a photo of a girl I'd slept with. That took some explaining!

Ooh look at me, I’ve slept with a girl AND have a friend

Fooking show off.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 11:37 - May 24 with 3336 viewswkj

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 11:35 - May 24 by J2BLUE

Fooking show off.

Im just as jealous as you about that as you are J2

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 11:37 - May 24 with 3333 viewsBrixtonBlue

Fooking show off.

Yeah, but on the downside I'm unemployed and sat in my pyjamas at 11.30am.

And I watched Loose Women one day.

Login to get fewer ads

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 11:37 - May 24 with 3332 viewsPJH

Fooking show off.

AND a mobile phone.
Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 11:39 - May 24 with 3322 viewswkj

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 11:37 - May 24 by BrixtonBlue

Yeah, but on the downside I'm unemployed and sat in my pyjamas at 11.30am.

And I watched Loose Women one day.

Please, don't even pretend you're a hard man on the unemployment train until you've remained in Pyjamas way past Judge Rinder

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 12:30 - May 24 with 3249 viewsmaccyd9

I've followed him on twitter for some time and he is clearly very raw and lacking in intellect. He obviously well over stepped the mark with this and have no doubt that his excuse is fabricated.

However any reaction other than verbal rapping he has got is not on.

He made a massive mistake but does that mean he should lose his job?, get a kicking? even a football stadium ban?

Does he have kids? what impact would him being unemployed have on his family? There are so many unknowns that in fact it would be in everybody's interest to let this drop.
Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 14:32 - May 24 with 3170 viewsBrixtonBlue

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 12:30 - May 24 by maccyd9

I've followed him on twitter for some time and he is clearly very raw and lacking in intellect. He obviously well over stepped the mark with this and have no doubt that his excuse is fabricated.

He made a massive mistake but does that mean he should lose his job?, get a kicking? even a football stadium ban?

Does he have kids? what impact would him being unemployed have on his family? There are so many unknowns that in fact it would be in everybody's interest to let this drop.

Why have you followed him on twitter for some time if he's lacking in intellect?

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 14:34 - May 24 with 3163 viewsSpruceMoose

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 11:39 - May 24 by wkj

Please, don't even pretend you're a hard man on the unemployment train until you've remained in Pyjamas way past Judge Rinder

I'm tired of Dolly's ironic hipster unemployment already. Get back to work ya bum!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 18:13 - May 24 with 3073 viewsMullet

I think there's sense in that. A few naturally went way too far both ways which is understandable, but now his name and face are out there. I can't imagine many will be that welcoming to him unfortunately at games etc.

I just don't get the story though, who has a full on "banter" with a stranger that gets that heated and then goes way too far, all whilst playing pool. You'd have to be sat there ignoring everyone and skipping shots pretty much.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 22:22 - May 24 with 2967 viewsOxford_Blue

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 08:39 - May 24 by StokieBlue

Regardless of the clear wrongs of what he's done if you're basing your case on that one tweet then I think you'd have a very hard time making a constructive dismissal charge stick. You'd end up having to pay out.

His defence would be it was a question, regardless of the clear secondary meaning that would be hard to disprove wouldn't it?

The second point on the stolen phone wouldn't get anywhere. What if someone is mugged and their phone if used?

Obviously the guy is a complete bell-end but that's not enough to sack someone nowadays. I think the public trial is now damaging anyway.

SB

I don’t think you know what you’re talking about. The legal position in general terms is:

Constructive dismissal is where an employee claims he or she has been unfairly dismissed as a result of something their employer has done. Clearly that doesn’t apply here.

If this person has under two years employment his employer doesn’t need a fair reason to sack him. As long as it’s not discrimination they could just let him go.

However, subject to his role, he may well have committed gross misconduct if his employer considers that he has breached their policy on social media use.
This and every other reason (n/t) on 22:24 - May 24 with 2959 viewsDyland

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 08:59 - May 24 by Swansea_Blue

And this is why I don't do Tvvatter.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 22:29 - May 24 with 2939 viewsStokieBlue

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 22:22 - May 24 by Oxford_Blue

I don’t think you know what you’re talking about. The legal position in general terms is:

Constructive dismissal is where an employee claims he or she has been unfairly dismissed as a result of something their employer has done. Clearly that doesn’t apply here.

If this person has under two years employment his employer doesn’t need a fair reason to sack him. As long as it’s not discrimination they could just let him go.

However, subject to his role, he may well have committed gross misconduct if his employer considers that he has breached their policy on social media use.

I actually meant misconduct rather than constructive dismissal - my bad.

I've never heard the two year clause you've listed there and I've never heard of such a thing being exercised or used. Interesting point though.

You make it sound easy to get rid of someone when in my experience (which it would seem it less than yours) it's actually very difficult if they are willing to fight it - hence why there are so many payoffs. I suspect it probably depends slightly on the role and industry though and possibly my experience of this is too specific.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 22:41 - May 24 with 2912 viewsStNeotsBlue

I don't understand why you would follow anyone on twitter who isn't either a fit bird/bloke (depending on your preference), a real friend/acquaintance/or work thing or someone who you're fan of.

Why follow some random bloke because they also happen to support Ipswich. Not meant as a dig as I don't really get the internet in general and other than here have little to no internet presence.

Edit: The tweet which set this thread off is a disgrace and why I struggle to understand how some people think.
[Post edited 24 May 2018 22:45]
Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 22:49 - May 24 with 2891 viewsOxford_Blue

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 22:29 - May 24 by StokieBlue

I actually meant misconduct rather than constructive dismissal - my bad.

I've never heard the two year clause you've listed there and I've never heard of such a thing being exercised or used. Interesting point though.

You make it sound easy to get rid of someone when in my experience (which it would seem it less than yours) it's actually very difficult if they are willing to fight it - hence why there are so many payoffs. I suspect it probably depends slightly on the role and industry though and possibly my experience of this is too specific.

SB

Hi,

The two year rule has been in force for several years now.

See https://www.gov.uk/dismiss-staff/eligibility-to-claim-unfair-dismissal

It used to be one year and still is if your employment started before April 2012.

Employees have very little protection from dismissal because an employer doesn’t have to give a reason when the employee has less than the minimum qualifying employment. The only caveat is that you can’t discriminate on the basis of a protected characteristic (eg race, religion etc?

After two years continuous employment you have to have a fair reason - like redundancy, retirement, misconduct, capability etc. It is more expensive to dismiss an employee without a fair reason, but it happens a lot because employers to get rid of a difficult employee simply offer what is called a compromise agreement where they accept they have unfairly dismissed you but pay you the money you would get in an employment tribunal plus agree a reference etc.

As you can’t recover your costs in employment tribunal proceedings it is hard as an employee to take your employer to court unless you can afford to pay legal fees you won’t recover or you have household legal expenses insurance.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024