Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... 21:30 - May 23 with 20263 viewsElderGrizzly

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:14 - May 24 with 2417 viewslocalboy78

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:10 - May 24 by BrixtonBlue

The phone could've already been logged into twitter.

It *could* be BS.

Equally, imagine if people were caving his head in and it was found that his excuse, however unlikely, was true?

Absolutely. I don't agree with violence of any kind and would never justify it.

If the story is true, though (which it may well be), my point stands. His mate is an @rsehole of the highest degree.
Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:18 - May 24 with 2401 viewsBrixtonBlue

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:08 - May 24 by colchesterchris

1) Most organisations will have a policy that outlines acceptable use of social media, and I'd agree with Joe that this clearly would breach that.

2) In fairness to the company you of all people must appreciate the brand damage that this does by association?

3) You might be right technically, but being up for an unfair dismissal charge doesn't mean it's an unfair dismissal.

I'm not sure it does damage the brand of who he works for. I have no idea who he works for, it's not evident from his twitter account.

But regardless, I don't now the ins and outs of employment law. I'm just saying he might, MIGHT, be telling the truth. The fact that he previously retweeted a tribute to BL previously backs that up. So, with innocence a possibility, I think it's a little disturbing all the talk in this thread of physical harm to the bloke, who may merely be the victim of a sick prank.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:20 - May 24 with 2396 viewsBrixtonBlue

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:13 - May 24 by BlueStreak

Not having a lock on your phone is clearly negligent.

Indeed.

Worthy of having your head kicked in and losing your job though?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:26 - May 24 with 2379 viewsBlueStreak

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:20 - May 24 by BrixtonBlue

Indeed.

Worthy of having your head kicked in and losing your job though?

I could potentially lose my job if I left my work phone unattended with no lock on it.
Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:28 - May 24 with 2366 viewscolchesterchris

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:18 - May 24 by BrixtonBlue

I'm not sure it does damage the brand of who he works for. I have no idea who he works for, it's not evident from his twitter account.

But regardless, I don't now the ins and outs of employment law. I'm just saying he might, MIGHT, be telling the truth. The fact that he previously retweeted a tribute to BL previously backs that up. So, with innocence a possibility, I think it's a little disturbing all the talk in this thread of physical harm to the bloke, who may merely be the victim of a sick prank.

I think that's a little naive. The point is if you wanted to you could find out in seconds by searching in Google. The fact that some have identified his employer backs that up.

I agree with the rest of that, but an effective disciplinary process would explore all of that. 100% agree on the violence point.

Poll: Hypothetically, we have £1M for January. What would you rather?

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:29 - May 24 with 2357 viewswkj

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:07 - May 24 by BrixtonBlue

If your phone had been stolen, that's not necessarily negligent (although not having it locked is a bit daft). Also, you probably would delete your account if you saw that offensive tweet from yourself.

I don't see a lot of holes in the excuse. I see it as perfectly possible. He also DID apologise for the tweet and said he would make a donation to the BL foundation.

I'm not saying he definitely is innocent but you have to admit there's a chance he's telling the truth.

How do you explain him previously retweeting a tribute to Bradley Lowrey? Doesn't seem the actions, to me, of someone who would tweet abusively about him a few days later.

While I am sceptical, I am not advocating vigilante justice- Merely stating how I don't see how any of his story would hold up in court without supporting proof, Ignorance is not or never has been grounds of innocence.

If my phone was stolen, it wouldn't be negligent as my phone is always in my hand or breast pocket- never ever left laying about (keep in mind new smart phones retail up to just under a grand) So it would have to be taken by an extremely talented pickpocket, not one of my drunken mates. Had I left my phone unattended on a table or some such, then it would be negligent.

Imagine this scenario as the petrol station one was a bit generic, I will give an actual scenario that backs my rationale up. I used to work at an insurance centre with workstations, and as such had access to hundreds of thousands of people's personal information. We were instructed that no matter what the scenario is, when we leave our terminals the screens must be locked by removing our fobs (people were disciplined up to termination if they were seen to be leaving their fobs in the terminals unattended)

The reason for this strict policy is that cleaners, caterers, engineers, and potentially dishonest co-workers could extract the personal information off of my screen while it was unattended- and if an investigation ever took place about a data breach claim, I would be culpable as it was my fob/user id that was accessing the client's data, no matter if it was the cleaner or my mate from over the table who abused the information, even if someone stole my key fob.

I hope the police do get involved (hence reap what he's sewn comment) because whether he or his friend did it, he's learn a valuable lesson about his behaviour, or recklessness and choice of mates- or if there is reasonable proof, his sick mate will be strung up instead- its a win win scenario really.
[Post edited 24 May 2018 9:31]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:33 - May 24 with 2338 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Wow!

I'm so glad I don't go anywhere near social media anymore. Such a waste of time.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:36 - May 24 with 2327 viewsconnorscontract

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:18 - May 24 by BrixtonBlue

Retweeting a tribute to BL is just the kind of virtue signalling people do every day on Social Media.

Typing something appallingly crass when baited is just the kind of thing people do every day on Social Media.

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. Whoever did this showed an appalling lack of judgement, failure of impulse control and inability to self-censor. None of those things would preclude them from retweeting a tribute to BL, particularly if they'd just seen a video of him or were a bit beered up and emotional.

You're looking for rigorous intellectual consistency in a (presumably alcohol influenced (pub story)) Twitter spat.

I genuinely hope no physical harm comes to him. Anyone who gives him a kicking is just giving their own inner ar5ehole permission and it says a lot about their own issues. The only people who have a right to do so would be Bradley's family, but I wouldn't mind betting that they would see it as significantly beneath them. They've experienced the worst of human experiences, but also experienced the best we can give each other in terms of love and support.

I think the best that could happen would be for ITFC to repudiate these comments and ban him (or whoever typed them on his phone). And for that person to man up, apologise unreservedly and whole-heartedly and take whatever punishment ITFC or the legal process deem appropriate.
[Post edited 24 May 2018 9:49]
Login to get fewer ads

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:42 - May 24 with 2311 viewsSwailsey

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:13 - May 24 by J2BLUE

What did he say?

Just saying can you vouch for him?

I assume it’s your handle. I started following you anyway!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:42 - May 24 with 2309 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 23:41 - May 23 by J2BLUE

No, I wouldn't see physical harm come to him. He's an idiot but not sure Twitter should be inciting a mob to his front door. No doubt people will contact his employer etc in some sort of pursuit of justice but that's not my scene.

The guy is obviously a c-unit of the highest order and being drunk or wound up is no excuse either. However, sticks and stones and all that..... the guy should just be banned from Twitter. Idiots like this don’t wind me up because they’re just not on my level intellectually
Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:43 - May 24 with 2300 viewsBrixtonBlue

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:26 - May 24 by BlueStreak

I could potentially lose my job if I left my work phone unattended with no lock on it.

Seems harsh.

What about the head kicking in bit that you seem to have avoided in your response?

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:49 - May 24 with 2280 viewswkj

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:43 - May 24 by BrixtonBlue

Seems harsh.

What about the head kicking in bit that you seem to have avoided in your response?

Its quite a common clause in work phone rules now, especially if your phone could be a vehicle to data protection breaches, much like my workstation example

EDIT: That said, we should all take a moment and probably stop having a debate about this on this thread, as this isn't the right arena at all to be trying to prove our own opinions, I think the universal point we should all agree on, is that Paul Sparrow of Twitter is a total tool, and/or is friends with total tools.
[Post edited 24 May 2018 9:52]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:53 - May 24 with 2259 viewsBrixtonBlue

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:36 - May 24 by connorscontract

Retweeting a tribute to BL is just the kind of virtue signalling people do every day on Social Media.

Typing something appallingly crass when baited is just the kind of thing people do every day on Social Media.

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. Whoever did this showed an appalling lack of judgement, failure of impulse control and inability to self-censor. None of those things would preclude them from retweeting a tribute to BL, particularly if they'd just seen a video of him or were a bit beered up and emotional.

You're looking for rigorous intellectual consistency in a (presumably alcohol influenced (pub story)) Twitter spat.

I genuinely hope no physical harm comes to him. Anyone who gives him a kicking is just giving their own inner ar5ehole permission and it says a lot about their own issues. The only people who have a right to do so would be Bradley's family, but I wouldn't mind betting that they would see it as significantly beneath them. They've experienced the worst of human experiences, but also experienced the best we can give each other in terms of love and support.

I think the best that could happen would be for ITFC to repudiate these comments and ban him (or whoever typed them on his phone). And for that person to man up, apologise unreservedly and whole-heartedly and take whatever punishment ITFC or the legal process deem appropriate.

I don't disagree with anything you've said... but you also appear to be coming round to my way of thinking ("Whoever did this", "whoever typed them on his phone", "that person to man up") that it might not have been him.

The witchhunt on here didn't wait to find out though.

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:54 - May 24 with 2260 viewsSitfcB

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 08:19 - May 24 by BrixtonBlue

If the people in this thread care to scroll down his twitter feed, he retweeted a tribute to Bradley Lowrey on May 17th. I think he might actually be telling the truth that his phone was nicked.

His story is the bullist of bullsh|t. The same old chestnut that everyone uses.

There's no way someone stole his phone and replied to a Sunderland bloke who he was in conversation with.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:55 - May 24 with 2254 viewsfarkenhell

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:36 - May 24 by connorscontract

This is spot on.
Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 10:08 - May 24 with 2227 viewsconnorscontract

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:53 - May 24 by BrixtonBlue

I don't disagree with anything you've said... but you also appear to be coming round to my way of thinking ("Whoever did this", "whoever typed them on his phone", "that person to man up") that it might not have been him.

The witchhunt on here didn't wait to find out though.

I've been consistent in backing the poster on the first page (Limitless iirc) who said it was appalling but spoke out against the vigilante response. A couple of people accused Limitless of being PS for saying that!

I personally don't buy the story (there's too many steps: they did this, locked me out, deactivated my account etc) but if he sticks with it then it is right to include the "if" or "person" qualifications in posts.

He's either a bloke who has been set up really badly by a "friend" or someone who did something awful and who is now trying to avoid the consequences. The latter makes the original "crime"worse. If the former, he should report the "friend" to the Police and allow them to deal with it.
Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 10:18 - May 24 with 2208 viewsJ2BLUE

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:42 - May 24 by Swailsey

Just saying can you vouch for him?

I assume it’s your handle. I started following you anyway!

@TWTDJ2BLUE

I rarely go on there. I’d be an odd choice for him to tweet as i’d never heard of him until last night.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 10:18 - May 24 with 2207 viewsitfcjoe

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 08:39 - May 24 by StokieBlue

Regardless of the clear wrongs of what he's done if you're basing your case on that one tweet then I think you'd have a very hard time making a constructive dismissal charge stick. You'd end up having to pay out.

His defence would be it was a question, regardless of the clear secondary meaning that would be hard to disprove wouldn't it?

The second point on the stolen phone wouldn't get anywhere. What if someone is mugged and their phone if used?

Obviously the guy is a complete bell-end but that's not enough to sack someone nowadays. I think the public trial is now damaging anyway.

SB

If he worked for me he would be in the construction trade not a high flying executive who would bother with all that would be my guess - tail would be between his legs and he'd look for another job

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 10:20 - May 24 with 2199 viewsitfcjoe

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 08:50 - May 24 by BrixtonBlue

Why don't you believe the story? As I said, he previously retweeted a tribute to Bradley Lowrey.

Also, let's hope your phone isn't stolen and someone posts a message as you. You'd have to sack yourself then.

I've not even done a proper investigation, I just scrolled down his twitter feed for a bit. It's a bit worrying how many people want to see physical harm come to a bloke who has possibly just been the victim of phone theft!

I wouldn't have to sack myself - but if my phone was stolen and abusive messages were sent and it subsequently was linked to company then I would suffer, clearly, whatever pathetic excuse I came up with.

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 10:21 - May 24 with 2194 viewsitfcjoe

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 08:54 - May 24 by slideaway

Disgusting what was said but moving away from the post I think you need to wind your neck in a little. 'If his phone is stolen it is still his responsibility'. I take it you dont bother insuring anything for theft etc as its just 'your responsibility' if its taken and your fault? I also imagine if your phone was taken and abusive messages sent you wouldn't bother defending yourself either as its just 'your responsibilty' when some else who you cannot control takes your phone/belongings?

The story is that his mates did it, in that case his judgement needs to be questioned too.

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 10:24 - May 24 with 2182 viewsitfcjoe

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:03 - May 24 by colchesterchris

I completely agree with the sentiment of this, and it's a red line for me too.

I do have a small bit of sympathy here though. The guy is obviously a bit of a kn0b and it's a disgusting comment to make. But, isn't it also an example of where social media is so instant and permanent that some people trying to be the 'big I am' just aren't aware of the consequences. He's said something crass, deeply insensitive, but the vigilante nature of social media means he'll be tarred by this for a long time. Not on the same scale, but think of some of the chants we've heard, german bombers, paedo, fashanu and more, are also appalling, but on social media it takes one click and a screenshot and you've got people contacting your employer, sharing your address and more.

I'm just not comfortable with it. I completely agree with you from an employer point of view, it clearly brings them into disrepute so enough people will probably message them that they do something, and if I was his boss I'd probably do the same as you.

If the bloke were to lose his job over it, I'd say that is fair.

It shouldn't be something that hangs over him forever because we all make mistakes and get carried away.

One tweet shouldn't make you unemployable and then lead to further difficulties that should bring - but it is going to be painful in the short term and deservedly so in my view.

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 10:29 - May 24 with 2169 viewsArcher4721

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 08:34 - May 24 by itfcjoe

Firsty, I don't believe that story for a second.

Secondly, he is still a representative of my company and if his phone his stolen it is still his responsibilty

Sorry Joe. Just because you don't believe his story wouldn't stand up in a court of law. You can't go around sacking people for something that might have happened.
Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 10:30 - May 24 with 2164 viewsSwailsey

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 10:18 - May 24 by J2BLUE

@TWTDJ2BLUE

I rarely go on there. I’d be an odd choice for him to tweet as i’d never heard of him until last night.

Yep that’s you. I think he was just searching for anyone assosicated with the club. He also tweeted Waggy, the Blue Monday guys and so on.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 10:35 - May 24 with 2150 viewsBrixtonBlue

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:54 - May 24 by SitfcB

His story is the bullist of bullsh|t. The same old chestnut that everyone uses.

There's no way someone stole his phone and replied to a Sunderland bloke who he was in conversation with.

It's not remotely possible?

Ok then. When does the kicking-his-head-in start? I've just bought some new DMs.

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 10:35 - May 24 with 2138 viewsBlueStreak

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:43 - May 24 by BrixtonBlue

Seems harsh.

I never mentioned the head kicking in bit or have provided an opinion on it either way.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024