Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lampard to Derby by sound of it 22:17 - May 23 with 5741 viewsbrazil1981

Still think he's a risky appointment!
Lampard to Derby by sound of it on 22:27 - May 23 with 5682 viewspointofblue

Relieved if so - not so much in regards to Lampard but it means Derby won't be approaching Hurst.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Lampard to Derby by sound of it on 07:55 - May 24 with 5384 viewsSteve_M

Are we having a sweepstake?

I'll go for February.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Lampard to Derby by sound of it on 07:59 - May 24 with 5364 viewsChondzoresk

Good luck to both parties. It will end up acrimoniously of course.
Lampard to Derby by sound of it on 08:02 - May 24 with 5341 viewsHerbivore

It's a typical Derby appointment. High profile, expensive, probably not actually that good. This won't end well. Lampard is clearly not the intelligent bloke he's made out to be if he turned down a stable club where he'd be given time because we weren't willing to pay him a top manager's salary only to then join a club where the average life span of a manager is barely a full season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lampard to Derby by sound of it on 08:07 - May 24 with 5310 viewstractorboy1978

Lampard to Derby by sound of it on 08:02 - May 24 by Herbivore

It's a typical Derby appointment. High profile, expensive, probably not actually that good. This won't end well. Lampard is clearly not the intelligent bloke he's made out to be if he turned down a stable club where he'd be given time because we weren't willing to pay him a top manager's salary only to then join a club where the average life span of a manager is barely a full season.

I know we like to think stability is a key part of the equation when managers decide on a club but it isn't barring the odd exceptional case. Reality is that Derby = more money for him, more money to spend (even if the owner has said he is cutting back) and a better squad to start with. On paper Derby is an 'easier' job and he can boost his profile quicker and get where I am sure he thinks he belongs, the Premiership.
Lampard to Derby by sound of it on 08:08 - May 24 with 5297 viewsHerbivore

Lampard to Derby by sound of it on 08:07 - May 24 by tractorboy1978

I know we like to think stability is a key part of the equation when managers decide on a club but it isn't barring the odd exceptional case. Reality is that Derby = more money for him, more money to spend (even if the owner has said he is cutting back) and a better squad to start with. On paper Derby is an 'easier' job and he can boost his profile quicker and get where I am sure he thinks he belongs, the Premiership.

The more likely option is that he gets sacked in 6 months and his managerial career is basically over.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lampard to Derby by sound of it on 08:10 - May 24 with 5287 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Lampard to Derby by sound of it on 08:12 - May 24 with 5273 viewsVeryStableGenius

Lampard said yesterday that he dreams of one day managing Chelsea.

Although he is more likely to be sacked by Derby in a year. Any success, and he is also gone.
Login to get fewer ads

Lampard to Derby by sound of it on 08:12 - May 24 with 5273 viewstractorboy1978

Lampard to Derby by sound of it on 08:08 - May 24 by Herbivore

The more likely option is that he gets sacked in 6 months and his managerial career is basically over.

Probably but the majority don't go into a job thinking that way.
Lampard to Derby by sound of it on 08:13 - May 24 with 5264 viewschicoazul

Lampard to Derby by sound of it on 07:55 - May 24 by Steve_M

Are we having a sweepstake?

I'll go for February.

Hmmm, generous. But he is famous so you're probably spot on.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Lampard to Derby by sound of it on 08:19 - May 24 with 5236 viewsBryanPlug

Lampard to Derby by sound of it on 08:12 - May 24 by VeryStableGenius

Lampard said yesterday that he dreams of one day managing Chelsea.

Although he is more likely to be sacked by Derby in a year. Any success, and he is also gone.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Lampard to Derby by sound of it on 08:19 - May 24 with 5234 viewsitfcjoe

I think he'll do alright there, but can't see him getting them up and their squad is aging and getting worse with high wages.

It's a bad job, and he needs to do something in year 1 or he will strggle

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lampard to Derby by sound of it on 08:26 - May 24 with 5201 viewsslideaway

All just a gamble isn't it. He was an excellent player by all means but walking into a champhionship club with no manergial experiance does not cut it for me. I am glad we didn't appoint him/it fell through. I think there are plenty of better options out there for Town and Derby.
Lampard to Derby by sound of it on 11:41 - May 24 with 5043 viewsbritbiker

Lampard to Derby by sound of it on 08:19 - May 24 by itfcjoe

I think he'll do alright there, but can't see him getting them up and their squad is aging and getting worse with high wages.

It's a bad job, and he needs to do something in year 1 or he will strggle

And their fans are probably in a worse mental state than ours. Ours is years of boredom and small expectation of a play off position. Theirs is years of spending big but expecting promotion and failing, albeit a bit more exciting to watch.

Even if Lamps does get sacked he will still get a fair chunk of a four year salary for probably one years work. I know he is driven by success but still not the worst gig in town.
Lampard to Derby by sound of it on 11:54 - May 24 with 4983 viewstowno1977

Lampard to Derby by sound of it on 08:07 - May 24 by tractorboy1978

Stable club - we will be relegated next season.
Lampard to Derby by sound of it on 12:01 - May 24 with 4943 viewsgiant_stow

Lampard to Derby by sound of it on 08:02 - May 24 by Herbivore

His biggest mistake is having to go anywhere near derby the city - he could have commuted to you lot.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Lampard to Derby by sound of it on 13:36 - May 24 with 4736 viewsbritbiker

Lampard to Derby by sound of it on 11:54 - May 24 by towno1977

Stable club - we will be relegated next season.

Sorry, when you say 'we' are you talking about Ipswich or Norwich?
Lampard to Derby by sound of it on 13:38 - May 24 with 4718 viewsSpruceMoose

They sound like a good match. Can see why Derby would appoint him. They have delusions of grandeur. Big name manager like that, it'll make them feel important.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Lampard to Derby by sound of it on 19:39 - May 24 with 4555 viewsFreddy

Lampard to Derby by sound of it on 13:38 - May 24 by SpruceMoose

They sound like a good match. Can see why Derby would appoint him. They have delusions of grandeur. Big name manager like that, it'll make them feel important.

Whats the betting that Derby will also talk to Hurst on Sunday ?
Lampard to Derby by sound of it on 19:47 - May 24 with 4531 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Derby don't appear to be very risk averse do they?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Lampard to Derby by sound of it on 19:57 - May 24 with 4490 viewsgtsb

I actually think he'll do a good job.
Lampard to Derby by sound of it on 06:11 - May 25 with 4262 viewsshamboy

Lampard to Derby by sound of it on 19:57 - May 24 by gtsb

I actually think he'll do a good job.

I agree. Instinct tells me he might really fly at Derby.
Our problem is that Evans is now over-thinking the appointment, to the point of paralysis. At that point even instinct has deserted you.
If that happens and it goes well on 07:12 - May 25 with 4193 viewsDyland

the frothing in some quarters about Evans being a tight arse will be of monumental proportions.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Lampard to Derby by sound of it on 07:38 - May 25 with 4163 viewsKeaneish

Lampard to Derby by sound of it on 08:13 - May 24 by chicoazul

Hmmm, generous. But he is famous so you're probably spot on.

Don’t forget “intelligent”. This alone should see him through til January alone!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024