Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Ross 22:45 - May 23 with 8635 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Failed to impress enough over the course of two interviews, so not offered the Ipswich job.

Settles for job in league below.

Nothing to see here.

NEXT!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Jack Ross on 23:40 - May 23 with 2877 viewsJohnny_Boy

Assumptions peddled as facts. Assumptions peddled as facts. Assumptions peddled as facts.

Apart from that, all good.

NEXT!!!
Jack Ross on 23:43 - May 23 with 2872 viewsJohnny_Boy

Jack Ross on 23:16 - May 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

I did say I thought he would choose us over Sunderland.

But like I said, we dont know whether he did choose Sunderland OVER us. We don't know that there was any CHOICE for him to make.

Hmmmm
[Post edited 24 May 2018 8:22]
Jack Ross on 03:46 - May 24 with 2787 viewsharlingblue

I thought that he came over well, was ready to get a cardigan, but hey ho, I guess ME has something up his sleeve, waiting for the Shrewsbury v Rotherham game? or is there someone else in his mind? The ITFC saga continues. Who has impressed in interviews?
We await with baited breath?
Jack Ross on 05:35 - May 24 with 2760 viewstrncbluearmy

Jack Ross on 22:48 - May 23 by TheTrueBlue1878

Couldn’t agree more. Obviously didn’t do enough for ME.
ME always gives time to managers if he believes in them. Evans has done his due diligence, doesn’t eee Ross as the man and still sees Hurst as a better candidate.
You have to sell the dream to the interviewer, regardless of whether it’s a football managers or costa coffee manager. Make the interviewer want you. Ross couldn’t do that.

Trouble with that is that ME has not interviewed Hurst yet,so how does he know Hurst is the better candidate?
Simple truth is that ME thought he could have it all his way without consequences.

Right now it looks as if Ross is going elsewhere unless ME moves pretty sharpish today,so we are then reliant on Hurst interviewing well and wanting to come here.

Or is there someone else lurking in the background?

Right now, it looks as if ME has completely balls it up again,his football judgement really is poor time and time again
Jack Ross on 06:28 - May 24 with 2702 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Jack Ross on 05:35 - May 24 by trncbluearmy

Trouble with that is that ME has not interviewed Hurst yet,so how does he know Hurst is the better candidate?
Simple truth is that ME thought he could have it all his way without consequences.

Right now it looks as if Ross is going elsewhere unless ME moves pretty sharpish today,so we are then reliant on Hurst interviewing well and wanting to come here.

Or is there someone else lurking in the background?

Right now, it looks as if ME has completely balls it up again,his football judgement really is poor time and time again

I do not trust Evans to get this right either and at a guess I think we will hear more today when jack Ross is presented to the media as he is most certainly going to be asked about the Ipswich job. He may say he was never offered it he may not.

I agree with your bottom line I think Evans felt he could probably string a manager along until he had both begging at his door for the job and strengening his negotiating position. If he had sorted Mick out when it was blindly obvious back at the start of the year instead of delaying the whole moving on procedure we could then have nailed hurst there and then, the fact we left it until he was in the play offs meant we had to adapt and if somebody else in the meantime appeared to be the best of the rest we should have gone for it. The fact is we are now competeting with the likes of Sunderland, Swansea and derby who are all much bigger and more exciting prospects than us when actually had we of boxed clever we could of had this circus sorted well and truly.
Jack Ross on 07:11 - May 24 with 2667 viewsdissboy2

Jack Ross on 06:28 - May 24 by ColchesterBlue1985

I do not trust Evans to get this right either and at a guess I think we will hear more today when jack Ross is presented to the media as he is most certainly going to be asked about the Ipswich job. He may say he was never offered it he may not.

I agree with your bottom line I think Evans felt he could probably string a manager along until he had both begging at his door for the job and strengening his negotiating position. If he had sorted Mick out when it was blindly obvious back at the start of the year instead of delaying the whole moving on procedure we could then have nailed hurst there and then, the fact we left it until he was in the play offs meant we had to adapt and if somebody else in the meantime appeared to be the best of the rest we should have gone for it. The fact is we are now competeting with the likes of Sunderland, Swansea and derby who are all much bigger and more exciting prospects than us when actually had we of boxed clever we could of had this circus sorted well and truly.

well put
Jack Ross on 07:36 - May 24 with 2633 viewshomer_123

Jack Ross on 03:46 - May 24 by harlingblue

I thought that he came over well, was ready to get a cardigan, but hey ho, I guess ME has something up his sleeve, waiting for the Shrewsbury v Rotherham game? or is there someone else in his mind? The ITFC saga continues. Who has impressed in interviews?
We await with baited breath?

Were you at the interviews?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Jack Ross on 07:43 - May 24 with 2608 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Jack Ross on 22:55 - May 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

This whole forum is speculation. Fact is none of us know what has gone one behind the scenes, or what ME's intentions are.

Deal with it and move on.

Nothing of note has happened today.

Speculation........ Somehow though you must be well informed about what happened during the interview given you have written in the opening post.
[Post edited 24 May 2018 7:47]
Login to get fewer ads

Jack Ross on 07:45 - May 24 with 2607 viewsgordon

So, in the same thread, Marshalls Mulet, you've said:

"Jack Ross failed to impress enough over the course of two interviews, so not offered the Ipswich job."

"Fact is none of us know what has gone one behind the scenes, or what ME's intentions are."

And, best of all, "I just try to be the voice of reason."

You're making stuff up and trying to pass it off as fact, all the while accusing those with differing views of doing the same.
Jack Ross on 07:47 - May 24 with 2595 viewsgordon

Jack Ross on 07:36 - May 24 by homer_123

Were you at the interviews?

Actually Marcus Evans has been asking a select group of 40 TWTDers to sit in on the interview process, we were told not to tell anyone else because we didn't want to make the rest of you jealous, but it looks like Marshalls Mullet has let the cat out the bag now.
Jack Ross on 07:49 - May 24 with 2593 viewsHarry_Palmer

Jack Ross on 23:14 - May 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

Phil also stated yesterday that there was nothing in the Sunderland link. So let's not assume Phil knows anymore than us.

Oh come on, this site gets things right far more than it gets them wrong. I think it's safe to assume Phil knows far more than most of us the vast majority of the time.
[Post edited 24 May 2018 9:16]
Jack Ross on 08:12 - May 24 with 2575 viewsitfcjoe

Jack Ross on 07:49 - May 24 by Harry_Palmer

Oh come on, this site gets things right far more than it gets them wrong. I think it's safe to assume Phil knows far more than most of us the vast majority of the time.
[Post edited 24 May 2018 9:16]

And he is also very considered, especially with what goes into the news stories - those things don't get into the main articles lightly

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jack Ross on 08:49 - May 24 with 2555 viewsPhilTWTD

Jack Ross on 08:12 - May 24 by itfcjoe

And he is also very considered, especially with what goes into the news stories - those things don't get into the main articles lightly

Thanks, was obviously blindsided by Ross-Sunderland being more than just speculation, as were St Mirren, of course, and in turn Town.

From what I was told the feeling at Town was that it was the agent trying to move things along by putting out some speculation, which I have to say had been my thinking when it first appeared anyway. But it appears JR had been talking to the incoming Sunderland owners prior to them completing their takeover.

The Town race was definitely down to Ross v Hurst though, I don't think that's in any doubt. So, unless things change signficantly (and assuming Hurst hasn't got another suitor or doesn't use the current position to inflate his demands to the point where he prices himself out of the race) I would guess he'll hold formal talks next week and his appointment will follow at some point thereafter.

You would imagine Town have been given a very strong indication that he will accept whatever happens on Sunday and I know the Shrews have been aware that Town are keen for some while even if formal talks haven't taken place and the Blues have maintained their distance during the play-offs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024