Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I Went To Watch 'Bobby Robson: More Than a Manager' At Wembley Tonight 01:50 - May 24 with 2369 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

It's funny, heartwarming, emotive, beautifully shot and extremely well put together.

Don't want to write too much, so as not to spoil it for those yet to see it - Sir Bobby's time managing in Spain, Portugal and Holland are all covered, as is his time as England manager and Ipswich!

There are some wonderful moments shared at various times during the film by (the original) Ronaldo, Pep, Mourinho, Shearer, Lineker, Ferguson and Gazza.

Good amounts of footage - Ronaldo really had the lot as a player - and there is a good amount of ITFC coverage.

While Henry Winter was the host, Terry Butcher was the guest speaker tonight and did an excellent job. He said the England team should watch this film before they go to the World Cup, and he is right!

Lady Elsie was in attendance, as was their son, Mark, and I bumped into Barry Fry.

My estimation is around 2000 attended tonight - I didn't see many Town shirts though but perhaps that more to do with the dip in temperature rather than non-attendance.

A wonderful film that encapsulates Sir Bobby very well indeed and I would recommend it as a must-see for all Town fans!

Sir Bobby would be proud, very proud indeed!

PS I had the absolute pleasure of meeting Terry Butcher tonight and he happily posed for some pictures. I asked him about the possibility of him and George taking over as manager and No 2. He replied that the club want to go for someone younger, and confirmed that neither him nor George had been invited for an interview.

If you have a ticket, you are in for a real treat, and if you don't have a ticket, I would recommend that you buy one!

Thanks for reading!
[Post edited 24 May 2018 7:39]
I Went To Watch 'Bobby Robson: More Than a Manager' At Wembley Tonight on 07:28 - May 24 with 2245 viewsportmanroadblue

Thanks for the mini review, going Friday with my Dad, really looking forward to it, hope the remaining tickets sell.
I Went To Watch 'Bobby Robson: More Than a Manager' At Wembley Tonight on 07:48 - May 24 with 2207 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

I Went To Watch 'Bobby Robson: More Than a Manager' At Wembley Tonight on 07:28 - May 24 by portmanroadblue

Thanks for the mini review, going Friday with my Dad, really looking forward to it, hope the remaining tickets sell.

You're welcome

Both you and your Dad will have an amazing time, really hope you enjoy it!

All the best!
I Went To Watch 'Bobby Robson: More Than a Manager' At Wembley Tonight on 09:04 - May 24 with 2162 viewsKTBlue

yes I had a mate (an Exeter fan, so no allegiance) who went and said it was absolutely superb.
I Went To Watch 'Bobby Robson: More Than a Manager' At Wembley Tonight on 09:39 - May 24 with 2137 viewsPhilTWTD

Tickets still available for Friday's screening at Town, incidentally: https://t.co/barxmHYI3r
I Went To Watch 'Bobby Robson: More Than a Manager' At Wembley Tonight on 09:58 - May 24 with 2108 viewsloyalfan

I Went To Watch 'Bobby Robson: More Than a Manager' At Wembley Tonight on 09:39 - May 24 by PhilTWTD

Tickets still available for Friday's screening at Town, incidentally: https://t.co/barxmHYI3r

I was there too- had an Ipswich sweatshirt on but only saw one other person with any Ipswich clothing on.

I was blown away by the film and, like you, wont say too much as I think it would ruin it for those still to see it. It really changed my view on certain people who were heavily featured in the film. Very interesting. Obviously, Butch was great!!!!

I don't think the screening was very well marketed but there was a cap on 1600 people I think. They thought there had been 1400 at SJP on Tuesday and about 1500 last night and hoped there might be more tomorrow at PR. If you can go- then do try to.
I Went To Watch 'Bobby Robson: More Than a Manager' At Wembley Tonight on 10:28 - May 24 with 2084 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

I Went To Watch 'Bobby Robson: More Than a Manager' At Wembley Tonight on 09:58 - May 24 by loyalfan

I was there too- had an Ipswich sweatshirt on but only saw one other person with any Ipswich clothing on.

I was blown away by the film and, like you, wont say too much as I think it would ruin it for those still to see it. It really changed my view on certain people who were heavily featured in the film. Very interesting. Obviously, Butch was great!!!!

I don't think the screening was very well marketed but there was a cap on 1600 people I think. They thought there had been 1400 at SJP on Tuesday and about 1500 last night and hoped there might be more tomorrow at PR. If you can go- then do try to.

I wonder if it was me that you saw? Was wearing the home shirt - guess who forgot his coat - was regretting that omission around 2130 HRS when the temperature dropped but I soon forgot as the film progressed.

Seems a strange decision to cap the numbers attending when many more could have watched.

Agree about the marketing, this event could have been advertised far more than it was - still it was a wonderful occasion and I only wish that I could watch it again at the home of football, Portman Road!

It was my first time at the new Wembley stadium and I thought it was fantastic! Can't wait to watch Town there in the Play Off Final!
I Went To Watch 'Bobby Robson: More Than a Manager' At Wembley Tonight on 11:05 - May 24 with 2052 viewsloyalfan

I Went To Watch 'Bobby Robson: More Than a Manager' At Wembley Tonight on 10:28 - May 24 by Bad_Boy_Mark

I wonder if it was me that you saw? Was wearing the home shirt - guess who forgot his coat - was regretting that omission around 2130 HRS when the temperature dropped but I soon forgot as the film progressed.

Seems a strange decision to cap the numbers attending when many more could have watched.

Agree about the marketing, this event could have been advertised far more than it was - still it was a wonderful occasion and I only wish that I could watch it again at the home of football, Portman Road!

It was my first time at the new Wembley stadium and I thought it was fantastic! Can't wait to watch Town there in the Play Off Final!

No, it wasn’t you as it was someone I already know-and he was wearing a Town tie! Pity we didn’t meet up. I agree about the cold-I nearly tried to watch from inside at one stage as my teeth were chattering.

Like you, I would love to see the film at PR although I do feel Wembley was as good a place as any to see it with all Sir Bobby’s England history.

See you at the Playoffs!
I Went To Watch 'Bobby Robson: More Than a Manager' At Wembley Tonight on 11:36 - May 24 with 2023 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

I Went To Watch 'Bobby Robson: More Than a Manager' At Wembley Tonight on 11:05 - May 24 by loyalfan

No, it wasn’t you as it was someone I already know-and he was wearing a Town tie! Pity we didn’t meet up. I agree about the cold-I nearly tried to watch from inside at one stage as my teeth were chattering.

Like you, I would love to see the film at PR although I do feel Wembley was as good a place as any to see it with all Sir Bobby’s England history.

See you at the Playoffs!

Would have been good to meet - I almost put a message up for that very reason but ran out of time.

Agree about Wembley - can you imagine it awash with Blue and White, it would be incredible!

See you there too buddy!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024