Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's Shefki time 08:19 - May 24 with 5101 viewsitfcpaul

What do we do if Hurst doesn't come...who would you actually be happy with as there's so many people have objections to

Surely his management experience isn't much different to Scottish Championship level? Plus he would run through a wall for this club and may be with GB as an old head to help him

Any other options?
Coleman
Sherwood

No thanks

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

It's Shefki time on 08:21 - May 24 with 5094 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

It's Shefki time on 08:24 - May 24 with 5084 viewsBlueyandCrazy

I think reading between the lines Scott Parker is still in the frame in the background.

I suspect it may be Hurst or if not Parker.

Given previous information coming out, sounds like Sherwood is out of the running. Not sure where we stand with Coleman, but that wouldn’t align with the hints of a different approach.

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

It's Shefki time on 08:31 - May 24 with 5069 viewsslideaway

Coleman would not be a bad appointment. I don't think even the best would have saved Sunderland.
It's Shefki time on 08:32 - May 24 with 5062 viewsSwailsey

Go home Paul, you’re drunk.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

It's Shefki time on 08:32 - May 24 with 5064 viewsKieran_Knows

Well Evans will look a right t*t if he goes for Coleman (or someone along them lines), as he's hardly 'something different' as Evans alluded to in his interview?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

It's Shefki time on 08:35 - May 24 with 5053 viewsitfcpaul

It's Shefki time on 08:24 - May 24 by BlueyandCrazy

I think reading between the lines Scott Parker is still in the frame in the background.

I suspect it may be Hurst or if not Parker.

Given previous information coming out, sounds like Sherwood is out of the running. Not sure where we stand with Coleman, but that wouldn’t align with the hints of a different approach.

I suppose the thread is about who we would be happy with rather than whose still available as an option

Not sure about Parker as he is very young with no management experience so would need someone to help him out

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

It's Shefki time on 08:37 - May 24 with 5040 viewsitfcpaul

It's Shefki time on 08:32 - May 24 by Swailsey

Go home Paul, you’re drunk.

I don't drink mate!!

whose your choice?

It's Shefki time on 08:50 - May 24 with 5017 viewsconnorscontract

I'd have been happy with Ross.

I'd be very happy with Hurst or Warburton.

Steijn, Potter and Gary White would all be interesting choices. As in "Wow, that's really interesting, I actually want to go to Portman Road to see this manager's team and approach..."

Lampard and Parker both seem intelligent and focused and may well turn out to be good managers, but who knows?

Shefki would be so much fun during the good times, but any bad times would hurt him and us deeply. Were he to go to a League One or Two club now and do a good job then hopefully he'd be considered in the future.

Holloway is too "sh1t or bust" for Evans, but I like him. It would be fun, and if he did well, really, really good fun. Blue and White balloons and singalongs on the pitch fun. And attacking football and lots of goals fun. And letting in last minute goals and loving his passion and wit in the post-match interviews fun. The first six times it happened...

Let's be honest Ipswich Town right now is not too big a job for Chris Coleman or Nigel Pearson and if either were appointed although we may be a bit disappointed that an exciting "fresh approach" adventure had been passed up, we should actually consider ourselves pretty fortunate that he was available and willing to come.

History rules out Pardew and Megson. (Although I'm more concerned with the Panorama investigation into Allardyce than the history there).

Being crap at football management rules out many others.
Login to get fewer ads

It's Shefki time on 09:24 - May 24 with 4976 viewsitfcpaul

It's Shefki time on 08:50 - May 24 by connorscontract

I'd have been happy with Ross.

I'd be very happy with Hurst or Warburton.

Steijn, Potter and Gary White would all be interesting choices. As in "Wow, that's really interesting, I actually want to go to Portman Road to see this manager's team and approach..."

Lampard and Parker both seem intelligent and focused and may well turn out to be good managers, but who knows?

Shefki would be so much fun during the good times, but any bad times would hurt him and us deeply. Were he to go to a League One or Two club now and do a good job then hopefully he'd be considered in the future.

Holloway is too "sh1t or bust" for Evans, but I like him. It would be fun, and if he did well, really, really good fun. Blue and White balloons and singalongs on the pitch fun. And attacking football and lots of goals fun. And letting in last minute goals and loving his passion and wit in the post-match interviews fun. The first six times it happened...

Let's be honest Ipswich Town right now is not too big a job for Chris Coleman or Nigel Pearson and if either were appointed although we may be a bit disappointed that an exciting "fresh approach" adventure had been passed up, we should actually consider ourselves pretty fortunate that he was available and willing to come.

History rules out Pardew and Megson. (Although I'm more concerned with the Panorama investigation into Allardyce than the history there).

Being crap at football management rules out many others.

So who do you want

It's Shefki time on 09:37 - May 24 with 4950 viewsLeoMuff

It's Shefki time on 09:24 - May 24 by itfcpaul

So who do you want

I think if we fail with Hurst and Ross, the only way back for Evans is Burley otherwise the fans are lost.

I would consider Warburton if we can’t get Hurst, Ross, Potter.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

It's Shefki time on 09:46 - May 24 with 4933 viewsconnorscontract

It's Shefki time on 09:24 - May 24 by itfcpaul

So who do you want

"I'd be very happy with Hurst or Warburton".

And then there are others who would be interesting for different reasons, which I've explained.

Obviously if Pep, Sean Dyche or Eddie Howe fancied a new challenge I wouldn't be averse to them either.

There's more than one answer to the question "Who would you be happy with as Ipswich manager?" Different pluses and different risks attached.
It's Shefki time on 13:36 - May 24 with 4857 viewsitfcpaul

It's Shefki time on 09:46 - May 24 by connorscontract

"I'd be very happy with Hurst or Warburton".

And then there are others who would be interesting for different reasons, which I've explained.

Obviously if Pep, Sean Dyche or Eddie Howe fancied a new challenge I wouldn't be averse to them either.

There's more than one answer to the question "Who would you be happy with as Ipswich manager?" Different pluses and different risks attached.

Wonder why Warburton isn't in the picture?

It's Shefki time on 13:42 - May 24 with 4848 viewsSpruceMoose

Fook it. Give it to Parker. Get Hoddle in as DoF. That'll be interesting.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

It's Shefki time on 22:56 - May 24 with 4768 viewsitfcpaul

It's Shefki time on 13:42 - May 24 by SpruceMoose

Fook it. Give it to Parker. Get Hoddle in as DoF. That'll be interesting.

Never thought of that! you never know

It's Shefki time on 23:47 - May 24 with 4705 viewsChiefXL

I am still firmly aboard the Shefki bus.
It's Shefki time on 00:49 - May 25 with 4670 viewsconnorscontract

It's Shefki time on 23:47 - May 24 by ChiefXL

If there's just him at the front, and you in the back, it's more like a taxi, I'm afraid.

*Cue jokes about taxi drivers objecting to asylum seekers getting jobs over here*
It's Shefki time on 04:36 - May 25 with 4618 viewsRyorry

It's Shefki time on 23:47 - May 24 by ChiefXL

Having Shefki in would feel like being attached to his back in a swallow-dive from a thousand feet, like one of those sky-dive "experiences" whilst attached to an instructor. For 94 minutes, for every game ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

It's Shefki time on 07:03 - May 25 with 4542 viewsChiefXL

It's Shefki time on 04:36 - May 25 by Ryorry

Having Shefki in would feel like being attached to his back in a swallow-dive from a thousand feet, like one of those sky-dive "experiences" whilst attached to an instructor. For 94 minutes, for every game ...

Thank you for agreeing with me
It's Shefki time on 08:08 - May 25 with 4496 viewsTexaco73

It's Shefki time on 09:37 - May 24 by LeoMuff

I think if we fail with Hurst and Ross, the only way back for Evans is Burley otherwise the fans are lost.

I would consider Warburton if we can’t get Hurst, Ross, Potter.

Depends who the 'try something different' turns out to be.
Certainly, the length of time this appointment is taking adds a level of expectation that Evans can deliver and the next manager will not be an underwhelming last resort or merry go-round manager.

I just can't get worked up about it.
Whomever ends up with the job, whatever their background and previous achievements, ultimately they will be judged on what happens here on the pitch at PR.
It's Shefki time on 09:55 - May 25 with 4454 viewsSimonCleggsNeck

It's Shefki time on 08:21 - May 24 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

He seems to know what he's talking about, why not?

Would provide great conferences and interviews using big words and maybe a few catchphrases.

Poll: Would you join in with a ‘Marcus Evans is a ****, he hates Ipswich’ chant?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024