Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If, for whatever reason Ross or Hurst 08:40 - May 24 with 2435 viewsbobbyramsey

..doesn't happen, what next? Evans does seem to have piled all his eggs into that basket.

Is there a plan B?

If, for whatever reason Ross or Hurst on 08:42 - May 24 with 2424 viewsIpswichKnight

Suspect that would be Scott Parker.
If, for whatever reason Ross or Hurst on 08:44 - May 24 with 2408 viewsFixed_It

If, for whatever reason Ross or Hurst on 08:42 - May 24 by IpswichKnight

Possibly. And you'd think that someone with no previous experience as manager wouldn't be too irked at not being first choice.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

If, for whatever reason Ross or Hurst on 08:45 - May 24 with 2397 viewsKieran_Knows

I'd say we'd be at plan C.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

If, for whatever reason Ross or Hurst on 08:46 - May 24 with 2392 viewsBetablocker

Ad in a paper
[Post edited 24 May 2018 8:46]
If, for whatever reason Ross or Hurst on 08:46 - May 24 with 2393 viewsNorthern_Blue81

Pot B

Parker / Lampard

Pot C

Pardew / Lambert

Pot D

Hoddle

Pot E

Megson

Or something along those lines.
If, for whatever reason Ross or Hurst on 08:46 - May 24 with 2395 viewsHackneyblueboy

If, for whatever reason Ross or Hurst on 08:42 - May 24 by IpswichKnight

I actually don't mind the idea of Scott Parker if Hurst doesn't come. He's been working with the Spurs youth team for a year (which I appreciate is not long) so has some experience and just feel he would be a better choice than Lampard, and a good option if we are going to go down the young manager route.

He's considerably lower profile than a Lampard or Gerrard and seems to be a reserved guy, who I can imagine would work well with the youngsters and Klug who I assume he knows from the Spurs connections.

[Post edited 24 May 2018 8:47]
If, for whatever reason Ross or Hurst on 08:48 - May 24 with 2358 viewsFixed_It

If, for whatever reason Ross or Hurst on 08:46 - May 24 by Hackneyblueboy

I actually don't mind the idea of Scott Parker if Hurst doesn't come. He's been working with the Spurs youth team for a year (which I appreciate is not long) so has some experience and just feel he would be a better choice than Lampard, and a good option if we are going to go down the young manager route.

He's considerably lower profile than a Lampard or Gerrard and seems to be a reserved guy, who I can imagine would work well with the youngsters and Klug who I assume he knows from the Spurs connections.

Agree. And I can see the links with Spurs strengthening.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

If, for whatever reason Ross or Hurst on 08:49 - May 24 with 2357 viewsIpswichKnight

Indeed, he was a decent player as well, he would fit the bill of something different as well.

Still think we will get Hurst mind.
Login to get fewer ads

If, for whatever reason Ross or Hurst on 08:52 - May 24 with 2345 viewsSaigonTractor

Probably Parker and I wouldn't be too upset with that.

Maybe Gary White as an outside shot
If, for whatever reason Ross or Hurst on 09:00 - May 24 with 2341 viewsPhilTWTD

I've heard very good things about Parker as well and he is tipped for a big managerial future among movers and shakers in the game, apparently. If Hurst doesn't end up here for whatever reason - and as far as I'm aware there's no issue presently - then I know there will be some at Town who advocate looking at him as an alternative.
If, for whatever reason Ross or Hurst on 09:09 - May 24 with 2293 viewsHackneyblueboy

If, for whatever reason Ross or Hurst on 09:00 - May 24 by PhilTWTD

I've heard very good things about Parker as well and he is tipped for a big managerial future among movers and shakers in the game, apparently. If Hurst doesn't end up here for whatever reason - and as far as I'm aware there's no issue presently - then I know there will be some at Town who advocate looking at him as an alternative.

That would be more exciting for me. I think as some on the forum have already pointed out, Hurst is probably the least risky choice for ME. He should have a very good knowledge of the lower leagues, which I can see appealing to ME and his budget and 400+ games as a manager at his age is a lot. He has also had success at more than one club.

I do however think he is a less inspiring choice as manager than Parker (or Ross for that matter) and would represent less of a change from Mick and the old regime. If the 5 point plan really is going to be put into action then I can see someone of Parker's ilk being more likely to inspire and improve the likes of Dozzell, Downes etc.

The fans want us to role the dice somewhat and I think Evan's may miss a trick. I hope not but time will tell.
If, for whatever reason Ross or Hurst on 09:13 - May 24 with 2266 viewspointofblue

I hope we look down a similar route to Hurst with maybe Clarke/Stewart from Bristol Rovers, Tidsdale from Exeter or Ainsworth at Wycombe - up and coming managers who have a lot to prove and are doing/have done well.

Jones would obviously be on that list too but I think that ship has sailed.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

If, for whatever reason Ross or Hurst on 09:24 - May 24 with 2240 viewsGuthrum

Given we're largely operting on fragments, leaks and rumours, who knows what other eggs may be in the basket?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

If, for whatever reason Ross or Hurst on 10:40 - May 24 with 2165 viewsOsborneOneNil

If, for whatever reason Ross or Hurst on 09:09 - May 24 by Hackneyblueboy

That would be more exciting for me. I think as some on the forum have already pointed out, Hurst is probably the least risky choice for ME. He should have a very good knowledge of the lower leagues, which I can see appealing to ME and his budget and 400+ games as a manager at his age is a lot. He has also had success at more than one club.

I do however think he is a less inspiring choice as manager than Parker (or Ross for that matter) and would represent less of a change from Mick and the old regime. If the 5 point plan really is going to be put into action then I can see someone of Parker's ilk being more likely to inspire and improve the likes of Dozzell, Downes etc.

The fans want us to role the dice somewhat and I think Evan's may miss a trick. I hope not but time will tell.

Hurst is not a lite version of MM.......why do people keep spouting this same rubbish?

He is an excellent option.
If, for whatever reason Ross or Hurst on 11:09 - May 24 with 2120 viewsslideaway

I cannot sign onto the idea of Lampard or Parker at present. It is just one big gamble on ex players with very limited to no managerial experience. No doubt the pair have a footballing mind but I think there are seasoned managers who would be better options out there with plenty of experience.

If Parker got stuck in at League 1/2 level and showed promise I think he would be one for the future without a doubt. Just not sure a gamble is what is needed right now.
If, for whatever reason Ross or Hurst on 11:11 - May 24 with 2114 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

If, for whatever reason Ross or Hurst on 11:15 - May 24 with 2093 viewshowdonblue

If, for whatever reason Ross or Hurst on 08:46 - May 24 by Northern_Blue81

Pot B

Parker / Lampard

Pot C

Pardew / Lambert

Pot D

Hoddle

Pot E

Megson

Or something along those lines.

POT D. Ian Holloway
If, for whatever reason Ross or Hurst on 11:21 - May 24 with 2066 viewsLeoMuff

If, for whatever reason Ross or Hurst on 10:40 - May 24 by OsborneOneNil

Hurst is not a lite version of MM.......why do people keep spouting this same rubbish?

He is an excellent option.

He seems the perfect fit, every season in the game so far as a manager he is been promoted or in play offs. All on a shoestring.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

If, for whatever reason Ross or Hurst on 11:25 - May 24 with 2050 viewsOsborneOneNil

If, for whatever reason Ross or Hurst on 11:21 - May 24 by LeoMuff

He seems the perfect fit, every season in the game so far as a manager he is been promoted or in play offs. All on a shoestring.

Fingers crossed we get him!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024