Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour 10:02 - May 24 with 4113 viewsSteve_M

Or probably a bit later as it still looks damp outside. Floodlights are up but not on at Lord's (I can see from my desk).

I'm going tomorrow, anyone else there this weekend?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/18025/game/1119535/england-vs-pakistan-1st-te

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour on 10:04 - May 24 with 3266 viewsIpswichKnight

Sadly not, am however going to the Saturday of the India test at Southampton. Hopefully Wood will play instead of Woakes.
Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour on 10:09 - May 24 with 3260 viewsSWGF

Going Saturday with Jnr...trip to the butchers tomorrow to stock-up on pork products.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour on 10:11 - May 24 with 3253 viewssolemio

Good luck to England - especially Dom Bess.
Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour on 10:37 - May 24 with 3223 viewsTLA

Always good when the first summer Test starts Steve!

My first game of the summer will be the 3rd day against India at Edgbaston.
Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour on 10:40 - May 24 with 3214 viewsbluewein

Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour on 10:04 - May 24 by IpswichKnight

Sadly not, am however going to the Saturday of the India test at Southampton. Hopefully Wood will play instead of Woakes.

Toss won and batting first.

Also got your wish with Wood.

It's so good to have TMS back for the summer.

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour on 10:49 - May 24 with 3194 viewsIpswichKnight

Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour on 10:40 - May 24 by bluewein

it is indeed! The cat and I shall enjoy watching some of the game when I get home from work a bit later.
Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour on 10:55 - May 24 with 3183 viewsSamuelowen88

I was resigned to talk sport, mistakenly believing they had the rights.

Chuffed its TMS wouldn't be summer without it.

Poll: England v Wales Score

Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour on 11:03 - May 24 with 3165 viewsSteve_M

A lot brighter now than an hour ago, still looks a bit humid though. England batting.

Be nice for Cook to have a decent series and stick around a bit longer given the questions elsewhere in this team.

Login to get fewer ads

Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour on 11:16 - May 24 with 3141 viewsTLA

Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour on 11:03 - May 24 by Steve_M

A lot brighter now than an hour ago, still looks a bit humid though. England batting.

Be nice for Cook to have a decent series and stick around a bit longer given the questions elsewhere in this team.

That was some brilliant bowling to get Stoneman. This could be a tough morning.
Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour on 11:18 - May 24 with 3132 viewschicoazul

One of the very best times of the year.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour on 11:21 - May 24 with 3129 viewsMookamoo

Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour on 11:16 - May 24 by TLA

Just turned on TMS and the first ball they get Stoneman.

Are they really using Buttler at 7? A test batsman should be able to play 1-5
Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour on 11:23 - May 24 with 3126 viewsSWGF

Stoneman didn't last long. Although Abbas looks decent.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour on 11:32 - May 24 with 3112 viewsRadlett_blue

Thanks for the reminder Steve - it will make great background as I do my ironing.
My MCC member mate forgot to apply for tickets this year so, unusually, I won't be going.
I see the hapless Stoneman has already got himself out & Root had a good go at getting run out. Uh oh!

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour on 11:37 - May 24 with 3101 viewsconnorscontract

Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour on 11:21 - May 24 by Mookamoo

Just turned on TMS and the first ball they get Stoneman.

Are they really using Buttler at 7? A test batsman should be able to play 1-5

It will probably never happen, but Buttler to open would give us more flexibility.

Or, bearing in my mind how rubbish our openers have been, would we have done any worse down under if Woakes had opened, freeing up another spot? He's actually a pretty technically correct batsman and has opened in County Cricket.
Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour on 11:38 - May 24 with 3095 viewsSteve_M

Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour on 11:16 - May 24 by TLA

Yes, he'll think he could have done better though.

Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour on 11:42 - May 24 with 3086 viewsSteve_M

Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour on 11:32 - May 24 by Radlett_blue

Thanks for the reminder Steve - it will make great background as I do my ironing.
My MCC member mate forgot to apply for tickets this year so, unusually, I won't be going.
I see the hapless Stoneman has already got himself out & Root had a good go at getting run out. Uh oh!

There are certainly tickets still available for Sunday, might still be a few tomorrow I think.

Stoneman hasn't made a good start to the season but probably right to stick with him a bit longer. How many different openers has it been since Strauss retired now?

Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour on 11:48 - May 24 with 3075 viewsMookamoo

Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour on 11:37 - May 24 by connorscontract

It will probably never happen, but Buttler to open would give us more flexibility.

Or, bearing in my mind how rubbish our openers have been, would we have done any worse down under if Woakes had opened, freeing up another spot? He's actually a pretty technically correct batsman and has opened in County Cricket.

Think he should open - try something different like a Gilchrist/Hayden style with someone like Bairstow or Woakes with Buttler. At the moment we don't have anyone resembling a traditional opener other than Cook. Then play Cook at 3 and Root at 4.
Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour on 11:52 - May 24 with 3068 viewsRyorry

Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour on 10:40 - May 24 by bluewein

Anyone got thoughts about why we decided to bat first, given the initially damp/overcast conditions, & forecast being sunny & drying out later?

TMS is, as ever, a sheer delight!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour on 11:52 - May 24 with 3063 viewsMaySixth

going sunday

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour on 11:54 - May 24 with 3061 viewsSteve_M

Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour on 11:52 - May 24 by Ryorry

Anyone got thoughts about why we decided to bat first, given the initially damp/overcast conditions, & forecast being sunny & drying out later?

TMS is, as ever, a sheer delight!

Forecast is pretty good for the rest of today and tomorrow though. Right thing to do I think to bat first, although that really needs these two to stay in until well after lunch.

Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour on 12:01 - May 24 with 3052 viewsjimsymBLUE

Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour on 11:42 - May 24 by Steve_M

There are certainly tickets still available for Sunday, might still be a few tomorrow I think.

Stoneman hasn't made a good start to the season but probably right to stick with him a bit longer. How many different openers has it been since Strauss retired now?

Off the top of my head...Root, Compton, Jennings, Stoneman, Hameed, Carberry, Robson and Trott. Bet there's a few more. Edit...Hales of course.
The ONLY benefit of my back going into spasm yesterday is a day on the sofa watching the test today.
Oh balls...Root gone
[Post edited 24 May 2018 12:03]

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour on 12:01 - May 24 with 3049 viewsRadlett_blue

Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour on 11:54 - May 24 by Steve_M

Forecast is pretty good for the rest of today and tomorrow though. Right thing to do I think to bat first, although that really needs these two to stay in until well after lunch.

And that is a WOEFUL shot from Root, especially with the ball swinging on the first morning of a Test.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour on 12:01 - May 24 with 3050 viewsSWGF

Appalling shot from Root

Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour on 12:06 - May 24 with 3038 viewsRyorry

Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour on 11:54 - May 24 by Steve_M

My thinking was that there might not be even one more session in the match where conditions are a bit damp, and might as well make the most of it whilst there. But didn't look at forecast for London.

Any idea of stats when we bat first/bowl first at home grounds?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Cricket: First Test of the Summer starts in an hour on 12:12 - May 24 with 3023 viewsSteve_M

It's going well then. 43/3 and Cook a little fortunate on a review.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024