Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ross is playing a blinder here. 14:45 - May 24 with 2036 viewsLeBlue

This is the way I see it.

1. Ross wants a bigger gig than St. Mirren
2. Ross wants to come to Town.
3. Town want to decide between Ross and Hurst and so Ross has to wait.
4. Ross agrees to join Sunderland, which is his plan B, but doesn't sign a contract because he is 'on holiday'. Doesn't want to tell Sunderland to hold on because he'd rather go to Town as Sunderland are his second choice, knowing full well that Sunderland will move on to someone else.
5. Town will either appoint Hurst or Ross, whoever impresses ME most.
6. If Hurst appointed, Ross signs for Sunderland as his 'first choice'.
Ross is playing a blinder here. on 14:46 - May 24 with 1997 viewsSpruceMoose

Seems risky. Why wouldn't he just accept the concrete offer rather than risk losing both?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Ross is playing a blinder here. on 14:47 - May 24 with 1985 viewsKieran_Knows

So Ross returns from holiday this week, and then still stall for potentially another 5 days or so on the Sunderland deal? I can't see Sunderland waiting around (new owner said on Tuesday they wanted to appoint someone within 7 days). He could then potentially miss out on both jobs, as well as 5x his current salary?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Ross is playing a blinder here. on 14:49 - May 24 with 1957 viewsLeBlue

Ross is playing a blinder here. on 14:46 - May 24 by SpruceMoose

Seems risky. Why wouldn't he just accept the concrete offer rather than risk losing both?

Because Sunderland believe he has accepted (he's apparently very excited about it). Couple of days of not being available and a bank holiday weeked and, hey presto, he may have two offers on the table. If not, Sunderland will still be eagerly awaiting him.
Ross is playing a blinder here. on 14:50 - May 24 with 1942 viewsSpruceMoose

Ross is playing a blinder here. on 14:49 - May 24 by LeBlue

Because Sunderland believe he has accepted (he's apparently very excited about it). Couple of days of not being available and a bank holiday weeked and, hey presto, he may have two offers on the table. If not, Sunderland will still be eagerly awaiting him.

hmmm so is nobody at Sunderland thinking "Hang about, we might actually want this Ross chap to actually sign something?"

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Ross is playing a blinder here. on 14:51 - May 24 with 1937 viewsLeBlue

Ross is playing a blinder here. on 14:47 - May 24 by Kieran_Knows

So Ross returns from holiday this week, and then still stall for potentially another 5 days or so on the Sunderland deal? I can't see Sunderland waiting around (new owner said on Tuesday they wanted to appoint someone within 7 days). He could then potentially miss out on both jobs, as well as 5x his current salary?

He'll still get 5x his salary with us.

He will be back off holiday on Tuesday I reckon, by which time it will all be clearer.
Ross is playing a blinder here. on 14:52 - May 24 with 1928 viewsPlums

Ross is playing a blinder here. on 14:49 - May 24 by LeBlue

Didn’t the Sunderland Chairman say the lawyers had the paperwork. If that’s the case, the hold up is probably Ts and Cs and no more.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Ross is playing a blinder here. on 14:53 - May 24 with 1897 viewsIpswichKnight

Ross is playing a blinder here. on 14:52 - May 24 by Plums

Didn’t the Sunderland Chairman say the lawyers had the paperwork. If that’s the case, the hold up is probably Ts and Cs and no more.

Bit like Barts contract then!
Ross is playing a blinder here. on 14:53 - May 24 with 1896 viewsNo9

Ross is playing a blinder here. on 14:50 - May 24 by SpruceMoose

hmmm so is nobody at Sunderland thinking "Hang about, we might actually want this Ross chap to actually sign something?"

Today according to the net
Login to get fewer ads

Ross is playing a blinder here. on 14:54 - May 24 with 1882 viewsLeBlue

Ross is playing a blinder here. on 14:52 - May 24 by Plums

Yep, with the lawyers (of both parties) and expected to be announced yesterday. One of the parties may be instructing their lawyers to drag it out a bit.......

Tomorrow is Friday and then it's a long weekend. Business will resume on Tuesday.
Ross is playing a blinder here. on 14:55 - May 24 with 1871 viewsSimonCleggsNeck

Agreed, His agent has done a brilliant job for him wherever he ends up.

Poll: Would you join in with a ‘Marcus Evans is a ****, he hates Ipswich’ chant?

Ross is playing a blinder here. on 14:58 - May 24 with 1837 viewsSwansea_Blue

We should have a competition to see who can come up with the most creative way to start another thread on a subject with already 3 billion threads

Maybe Phil could donate a free Audi to the winner. Or Gav a hobnob.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ross is playing a blinder here. on 15:04 - May 24 with 1781 viewsGodBlue

Suspect Sunderland's insistence that it is happening by the weekend could be them trying to make sure this doesn't become a possibility.

I'm sure they'll get it done, but I can't imagine JR is thrilled with the way it came out yesterday. Sunderland will most likely throw a bit more money at StM and him to keep them all sweet, but that may be taking some additional time to iron out.

There are probably legal implications in the StM chairman's comments yesterday, so they may need to get on the same "it was all some big misunderstanding" page, before they announce anything.

I'm sure it'll happen. Which is a shame, as I had a really good feeling about Ross at Town (though I'm not entirely sure why).

Poll: After 778 days, what’s improved since Paul Lambert arrived?

Ross is playing a blinder here. on 15:11 - May 24 with 1730 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ross is playing a blinder here. on 15:04 - May 24 by GodBlue

Suspect Sunderland's insistence that it is happening by the weekend could be them trying to make sure this doesn't become a possibility.

I'm sure they'll get it done, but I can't imagine JR is thrilled with the way it came out yesterday. Sunderland will most likely throw a bit more money at StM and him to keep them all sweet, but that may be taking some additional time to iron out.

There are probably legal implications in the StM chairman's comments yesterday, so they may need to get on the same "it was all some big misunderstanding" page, before they announce anything.

I'm sure it'll happen. Which is a shame, as I had a really good feeling about Ross at Town (though I'm not entirely sure why).

Suspect that's about right. I had a good feeling and don't know why either. He seemed to tick all the boxes, without any of us ever having seen the boxes. Or the ticks.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024