Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Occassional reminder that wanting all the English teams... 10:58 - May 25 with 4941 viewschicoazul

....to "do well" in Europe is the most Tory position imaginable.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Occassional reminder that wanting all the English teams... on 11:03 - May 25 with 4928 viewsOldsmoker

Liverpool are the only club left in a European competetion yet to be decided.
The Tories and Liverpool have a history and its not a good one.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Occassional reminder that wanting all the English teams... on 11:03 - May 25 with 4928 viewsBluefish

Tricky one i can't stand Scousers but I don't want CR to win 3 in a row and listen to simpletons try to claim he is the greatest. He is not the greatest playing the game today and he is not the greatest ever called Ronaldo
[Post edited 25 May 2018 11:06]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Occassional reminder that wanting all the English teams... on 11:05 - May 25 with 4908 viewschicoazul

Occassional reminder that wanting all the English teams... on 11:03 - May 25 by Bluefish

Tricky one i can't stand Scousers but I don't want CR to win 3 in a row and listen to simpletons try to claim he is the greatest. He is not the greatest playing the game today and he is not the greatest ever called Ronaldo

I agree with all that. This match truly is sh!thouse V sh!thouse. But there are no greater sh!thouse than Real which is why they will win it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Occassional reminder that wanting all the English teams... on 11:15 - May 25 with 4867 viewsMattinLondon

Occassional reminder that wanting all the English teams... on 11:03 - May 25 by Bluefish

But he is a great player.
Occassional reminder that wanting all the English teams... on 11:19 - May 25 with 4856 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Occassional reminder that wanting all the English teams... on 11:03 - May 25 by Oldsmoker

Liverpool are the only club left in a European competetion yet to be decided.
The Tories and Liverpool have a history and its not a good one.

The was one high profile Tory who did a lot for Liverpool.

The Albert Dock would likely be no longer standing without him.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Occassional reminder that wanting all the English teams... on 11:20 - May 25 with 4856 viewsBluefish

Occassional reminder that wanting all the English teams... on 11:15 - May 25 by MattinLondon

But he is a great player.

He has a phenomenal record and has achieved a lot. He is a great athlete and a very very good player. I prefer players with more natural technical ability but we are talking elite here.

Occassional reminder that wanting all the English teams... on 11:22 - May 25 with 4845 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The whole greatest player ever debate is tiresome.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Occassional reminder that wanting all the English teams... on 11:49 - May 25 with 4795 viewsMattinLondon

Occassional reminder that wanting all the English teams... on 11:20 - May 25 by Bluefish

He has a phenomenal record and has achieved a lot. He is a great athlete and a very very good player. I prefer players with more natural technical ability but we are talking elite here.

SAF stated that Ronaldo is the most naturally talented and technical gifted player he had ever worked with.

Proves that football is all about opinions
Login to get fewer ads

Occassional reminder that wanting all the English teams... on 11:55 - May 25 with 4777 viewsBluefish

Occassional reminder that wanting all the English teams... on 11:49 - May 25 by MattinLondon

SAF stated that Ronaldo is the most naturally talented and technical gifted player he had ever worked with.

Read his 2nd book he talks all sorts of s*** about his signings. There were all amazing according to him including bebe etc.

Do you think Ronaldo could do the things Paul scholes could so with the ball? SAF didn't work with Ronaldo, messi, iniesta, zidane etc. Ronaldo is in the elite bracket but nowhere near the technical pure ability of some of the others. He was however ridiculously tall, strong quick etc and could jump phenomenally high

Occassional reminder that wanting all the English teams... on 11:57 - May 25 with 4772 viewsBryanPlug

Occassional reminder that wanting all the English teams... on 11:49 - May 25 by MattinLondon

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Occassional reminder that wanting all the English teams... on 11:59 - May 25 with 4764 viewsBluefish

Occassional reminder that wanting all the English teams... on 11:57 - May 25 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Precisely he knows nothing that's why he can't get another managers job

Occassional reminder that wanting all the English teams... on 12:45 - May 25 with 4705 viewsSwansea_Blue

Occassional reminder that wanting all the English teams... on 11:55 - May 25 by Bluefish

Read his 2nd book he talks all sorts of s*** about his signings. There were all amazing according to him including bebe etc.

Do you think Ronaldo could do the things Paul scholes could so with the ball? SAF didn't work with Ronaldo, messi, iniesta, zidane etc. Ronaldo is in the elite bracket but nowhere near the technical pure ability of some of the others. He was however ridiculously tall, strong quick etc and could jump phenomenally high

Ha, fair play you're barking. One of the most terrifying players a defender will face, with a whole bag full of tricks, flicks and skills that bamboozle and leave multiple world class defenders floundering in his wake. But he's not considered to have top quality technical ability because he happens to be tall, strong and quick too?

Madness.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Occassional reminder that wanting all the English teams... on 14:06 - May 25 with 4650 viewsSlambo

Couldn't agree more. I want Man U, Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea - aka the Sky Cartel - to fail miserably every year in Europe. Foreign clubs, staffed by foreign players, followed increasingly by foreign fans: they do no represent me, or England, or even the communities they're headquartered in, and I don't derive any pride in seeing them do well in Europe. It's also a disgrace that they banded together to blackmail UEFA into creating the Champions League, allowing them to basically guarantee lucrative European football for themselves in perpetuity. The only one of the current crop of 'big' clubs I have any modicum of respect for is Spurs, so would actually like to see them make a decent fist of it next year...

But then there's Real Madrid. Shame they can't both lose...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Occassional reminder that wanting all the English teams... on 14:09 - May 25 with 4645 viewsNo9

Occassional reminder that wanting all the English teams... on 14:06 - May 25 by Slambo

Couldn't agree more. I want Man U, Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea - aka the Sky Cartel - to fail miserably every year in Europe. Foreign clubs, staffed by foreign players, followed increasingly by foreign fans: they do no represent me, or England, or even the communities they're headquartered in, and I don't derive any pride in seeing them do well in Europe. It's also a disgrace that they banded together to blackmail UEFA into creating the Champions League, allowing them to basically guarantee lucrative European football for themselves in perpetuity. The only one of the current crop of 'big' clubs I have any modicum of respect for is Spurs, so would actually like to see them make a decent fist of it next year...

But then there's Real Madrid. Shame they can't both lose...

Hear! Hear!
Not sure I would entirely agree about Spurs tho'
Occassional reminder that wanting all the English teams... on 16:59 - May 25 with 4582 viewsSlambo

Occassional reminder that wanting all the English teams... on 14:09 - May 25 by No9

Hear! Hear!
Not sure I would entirely agree about Spurs tho'

It's begrudging, but I do like the fact that they're stable, clearly thinking long term and are built on a base quality young English players from their own academy. However, judging by how they're fleecing their fans over this new stadium, it wouldn't surprise me if - should they continue to consolidate their top 4 position - they start to more closely resemble the rest: sell up to a foreign owner looking to launder some money/exercise some soft power, fill their squad with a disparate group of foreign superstar mercenaries on 6 figure weekly salaries, a cycle of glamourous, flaxen-haired managers every 2 years and an Official Tyre Partner...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Occassional reminder that wanting all the English teams... on 17:33 - May 25 with 4564 viewschicoazul

Occassional reminder that wanting all the English teams... on 16:59 - May 25 by Slambo

It's begrudging, but I do like the fact that they're stable, clearly thinking long term and are built on a base quality young English players from their own academy. However, judging by how they're fleecing their fans over this new stadium, it wouldn't surprise me if - should they continue to consolidate their top 4 position - they start to more closely resemble the rest: sell up to a foreign owner looking to launder some money/exercise some soft power, fill their squad with a disparate group of foreign superstar mercenaries on 6 figure weekly salaries, a cycle of glamourous, flaxen-haired managers every 2 years and an Official Tyre Partner...

Spurs have one Academy player regularly in their team. I confidently predict Spurs will do what they always do next year, buy a load of average players after a big sale or two and "keep the pressure on".
I dont like Spurs but this is mostly because I have never met a Spurs fan i didnt dislike.

Occassional reminder that wanting all the English teams... on 17:40 - May 25 with 4551 viewsBrixtonBlue

What has politics got to do with football?

I want Liverpool to win because they play exciting, attacking football, and in Salah they have arguably the best player in the Premier League.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Occassional reminder that wanting all the English teams... on 22:30 - May 25 with 4475 viewsCurrie10

Original Ronny was class.

Sadly, he didn't have a season like his 96.97 Barca one again.

Who realistically has done more in the game? Cristiano, by a mile.
[Post edited 25 May 2018 22:31]
Occassional reminder that wanting all the English teams... on 23:27 - May 25 with 4441 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Tory position, what on earth does that mean. I despise Liverpool after the Heysel disaster when their fans killed a bunch of Juve fans when a wall collapsed on them after fighting and all of English clubs got banned as a consequence. The always are quick to go on how they are innocent in the Hillsborough disaster but Heysel is never mentioned.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Occassional reminder that wanting all the English teams... on 23:37 - May 25 with 4422 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Occassional reminder that wanting all the English teams... on 23:27 - May 25 by Jonnosdreadlocks

Tory position, what on earth does that mean. I despise Liverpool after the Heysel disaster when their fans killed a bunch of Juve fans when a wall collapsed on them after fighting and all of English clubs got banned as a consequence. The always are quick to go on how they are innocent in the Hillsborough disaster but Heysel is never mentioned.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/264913-lfc-marks-32nd-anniversary

apart from by Liverpool. every year.
there's also a permanent memorial at Anfield.
Occassional reminder that wanting all the English teams... on 23:58 - May 25 with 4398 viewsjaykay

Occassional reminder that wanting all the English teams... on 23:37 - May 25 by DropCliffsNotBombs

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/264913-lfc-marks-32nd-anniversary

apart from by Liverpool. every year.
there's also a permanent memorial at Anfield.

yeah apart from that

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024