Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stewart Donald you utter shambles 13:10 - May 25 with 7875 viewsHarryWright

'Jack is excited to be a part of the future we are building here, and the fact he turned down lucrative offers from elsewhere, including clubs currently in a higher division than ourselves, is testament to his commitment and desire to succeed at this club and his belief in our vision for the future.'

We didn't offer him the bloody job you numpty - first the shambles of announcing a signed deal with him before talking to St. Mirren now this. A circus owner for a circus club.
Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:45 - May 25 with 2775 viewschicoazul

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:44 - May 25 by Warkylegend

Indeed. Watson and Warren don't know any more and the club will spin it to the media. Ross was the first choice however and had been offered terms.

We should just believe you eh Warkylegend, you seem legit.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:46 - May 25 with 2778 viewsWarkylegend

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:44 - May 25 by chicoazul

Well yes of course it doesnt matter and you and I will support whoever. I am simply saying that if he really wanted to take a job with an inferior club who have a recent history of being an utter basket case then he wasn't the right guy from the get-go. Maybe this is why Marcus decided against moving on him after they met the 2nd time who knows. Got a bad odour from him or something.

Sunderland still get parachute payments. Chance to rebuild and should walk that division next year. A big club back in the Championship and in the ascendency the following year. Closer to Scotland. I think I can see why it would appeal to him.
Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:47 - May 25 with 2771 viewschicoazul

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:46 - May 25 by Warkylegend

Sunderland still get parachute payments. Chance to rebuild and should walk that division next year. A big club back in the Championship and in the ascendency the following year. Closer to Scotland. I think I can see why it would appeal to him.

All their parachute payments are committed to the previous owner, that was a condition of their sale to the new one. I am not going to argue about the whys and wherefores, he chose to go to an inferior club who we beat twice last year. That's up to him but that to me makes clear he wasn't our guy.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:48 - May 25 with 2766 viewsWarkylegend

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:45 - May 25 by chicoazul

We should just believe you eh Warkylegend, you seem legit.

No not at all. You shouldn't just believe me. Take it or leave it but I just thought I would share what I know. I don't have any other info only what is being reported through the media but did hear about Ross. Will leave it at that.
Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:52 - May 25 with 2750 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:44 - May 25 by HarryWright

It's simple we dilly dallied about and they took him before we offered him the job - he got a concrete offer from Sunderland whilst we waited around to talk to Hurst. He (and I don't blame him) took the offer at Sunderland because it was a firm offer, if he'd waited for us we could have easily went for Hurst and he'd have nothing.

Get a grip

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:54 - May 25 with 2748 viewspointofblue

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:52 - May 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

Get a grip

To be fair, what did the OP say that was wrong? It is possible that Ross didn't want to hang around and wait for us to discuss terms with Hurst as he may have been left at St Mirren, so decided to take the concrete offer on the table.

I'm not saying we did nothing wrong, and would definitely refute as claim that we 'dilly-dallied' but from Ross' point of view I can see why he'd make the move now.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:54 - May 25 with 2746 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:35 - May 25 by Warkylegend

And you know this how? I know we offered terms to Ross.

No you dont

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 14:00 - May 25 with 2729 viewsGuthrum

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:47 - May 25 by chicoazul

All their parachute payments are committed to the previous owner, that was a condition of their sale to the new one. I am not going to argue about the whys and wherefores, he chose to go to an inferior club who we beat twice last year. That's up to him but that to me makes clear he wasn't our guy.

Interesting, wasn't aware of that condition. Makes their outlook a lot less certain - likely to resemble Forest or Leeds.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 15:06 - May 25 with 2667 viewsitfcjoe

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:20 - May 25 by HarryWright

There's a reason Evans said late may or early June - he was always going to talk to Hurst. Don't be brainwashed by some attention seeking, shambles of a chairman, of course he spun it to make his declining club look better.

And of course our club is spinning it with the fairly obvious leaks to make us look better!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 15:09 - May 25 with 2663 viewsitfcjoe

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:47 - May 25 by chicoazul

The parachute payments aren't committed to owner, they are just the back up if Donald and his cohorts don't pay up the bill. Almost like they are held in an escrow account

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 15:12 - May 25 with 2658 viewspointofblue

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 15:06 - May 25 by itfcjoe

And of course our club is spinning it with the fairly obvious leaks to make us look better!

To be fair, Evans said from the off that the appointment would be in late May/early June - it's not as if we've gone radically away from this.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 15:41 - May 25 with 2636 viewschicoazul

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 15:09 - May 25 by itfcjoe

The parachute payments aren't committed to owner, they are just the back up if Donald and his cohorts don't pay up the bill. Almost like they are held in an escrow account

I think you know what I mean.

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 15:48 - May 25 with 2626 viewsbraveblue

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:17 - May 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

We did not make him an offer.

We talked terms, as we did with Lampard, but we didn't offer Ross the role.

How did we talk terms without making any offer?
Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 15:50 - May 25 with 2624 viewsBurwell_Blue

How do you know we didn't?
Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 15:57 - May 25 with 2610 viewsHarry_Palmer

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:48 - May 25 by Warkylegend

No not at all. You shouldn't just believe me. Take it or leave it but I just thought I would share what I know. I don't have any other info only what is being reported through the media but did hear about Ross. Will leave it at that.

So you know absolutely nothing then, thanks for confirming what everybody already knew.
Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 16:36 - May 25 with 2589 viewsWarkylegend

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 15:57 - May 25 by Harry_Palmer

So you know absolutely nothing then, thanks for confirming what everybody already knew.

Sorry. I don't mind what you all think but I absolutely do know we offered terms to Ross.
Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 16:49 - May 25 with 2571 viewsSwansea_Blue

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 16:36 - May 25 by Warkylegend

Sorry. I don't mind what you all think but I absolutely do know we offered terms to Ross.

We know this already though, don't we? Didn't Phil's mention some time ago that terms had been discussed. As they were with Lamps, which is when he walked away. Although no offers were made.

(Just to clarify, I'm the Manuel of this board - I know nuuthing)

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 16:54 - May 25 with 2567 viewsWarkylegend

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 16:49 - May 25 by Swansea_Blue

We know this already though, don't we? Didn't Phil's mention some time ago that terms had been discussed. As they were with Lamps, which is when he walked away. Although no offers were made.

(Just to clarify, I'm the Manuel of this board - I know nuuthing)

It really doesn't matter anyway does it? He didn't accept and isn't coming so let's see what happens next week.
Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 17:06 - May 25 with 2556 viewsbluefunk

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 15:09 - May 25 by itfcjoe

Donald and Co have used that classic business tactic of using the clubs future revenue stream (ie its own money) to buy it. See also the Glazers with Man U, but in this case without the global income streams.

Donald has mortgaged the future revenue streams from parachute payments, they are committed to pay Ellis Short in order to get the deal done, as the “international consortium” that Donald was supposedly fronting was complicating the deal.

They don’t therefore have huge amounts to spend, although of course they would still have more than the average Div 1 club, and if anything Donald comes across as a complete chancer in the interviews I have read (several as this Ross thing unfolded).
[Post edited 25 May 2018 17:10]
Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 17:08 - May 25 with 2551 viewsSwansea_Blue

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 16:54 - May 25 by Warkylegend

It really doesn't matter anyway does it? He didn't accept and isn't coming so let's see what happens next week.

No now, not it doesn't. Although at this rate Ross may be sacked and available again before we finish our search...

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 17:40 - May 25 with 2530 viewsHarry_Palmer

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 16:54 - May 25 by Warkylegend

He didn't accept because he wasn't offered anything, terms were discussed, that is all.

You big Plonker.
Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 17:52 - May 25 with 2517 viewsVic

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:35 - May 25 by Warkylegend

And you know this how? I know we offered terms to Ross.

‘Offer terms’ or ‘talk terms’? There’s a huge difference.

And anyway, it’s not too much of a stretch to say that he declined us - he did in a way because by accepting Sunderland he effectively chose them above anything we might have offered had we gone back to h8m after interviewin Hurst.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 17:59 - May 25 with 2504 viewsVic

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 16:36 - May 25 by Warkylegend

What exactly does this sentence mean Warkers? ‘I don't have any other info only what is being reported through the media but did hear about Ross.‘

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 18:02 - May 25 with 2501 viewsSuperblue95

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:32 - May 25 by PhilTWTD

I think the owner's just bigging up the appointment and being somewhat inexact in his language. The job wasn't offered.

Not often you're sitting with a downed post Phil

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 23:23 - May 25 with 2372 viewsWarkylegend

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 17:59 - May 25 by Vic

What exactly does this sentence mean Warkers? ‘I don't have any other info only what is being reported through the media but did hear about Ross.‘

I mean I don't have any other info about the whole manager situation other than what is reported in the media. But I was told we offered terms to ross and that is all. Like I said is irrelevant now anyway. Have nothing to gain from mentioning this especially now he has gone to Sunderland but just posted it because of where the information came from. If it was just speculation I wouldn't have bothered.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024