Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My two pennies worth. 14:04 - May 25 with 6594 viewsCoco

It will be Hurst and was always going to be Hurst. Evans always knew the timescales to get his man as it was always going to be after the play-offs — which is why he clearly stipulated it in his interview. He has simply shown enormous respect to Shrewsbury, Shrewsbury fans and Paul Hurst which is the ‘Ipswich way’. The host of interviews is simply a due diligence process to re-enforce/change his belief that Hurst is the man for the job. Lampard and Ross were very, very impressive and were being kept front of mind for the job should there be an issue with Paul. Evans has had reassurance since the start of this process that Paul his 100% interested and unless he turns up drunk and talks like a blithering idiot the gig is his. Frank Lampard was the closest to changing Evans’ mind and Ross not far behind (Scott Parker also deserves a mention). Evans has always wanted Hurst.

Anyone who thinks Evans’ doesn’t know what he wants or isn’t ruthless doesn’t have a clue. Hurst has been watched all season. The respect he has shown to Shrewsbury won’t go unnoticed just wait and see. Will Hurst want to join? Imagine a warm summers day, a stroll past Sir Bob and then Sir Alf, through to the old office adorned with real history and familiar names and then the view out onto the 30k seater stadium. Paul Hurst is hugely flattered to be wanted by Town and will be HUGELY proud and honoured to be manager. Will he want to join? You better believe it.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

My two pennies worth. on 16:58 - May 25 with 1465 viewsDanFord

My two pennies worth. on 16:45 - May 25 by itfcjoe

Ross was leading the race, I've been told that by enough people connected to believe it.

Even Phil has stated that on here and you are holding him and Stu up as the informed guys, maybe read his posts?

The late May early June was with regards to play offs, clearly, but how did he know Hurst would make the final? In an ideal world for Evans the Shrews would have been knocked out and he coyuld have interviewed both and made his mind up. Sunderland have now made his mind up.

Evans wasn't aware of Sunderland and Ross, that caught everyone out - fair play to them for getting their man. Hopfully hurst works out here too, even though I preferred Ross I think hurst a good candidate (similar to Evans.....!)

He didn't know Shrewsbury would make the final, nor did he know they'd even be in the playoffs. But his timeline was clearly a worst case scenario based around the final. No fans are going to moan if we got our man sooner. If Evans truly was not aware of Sunderland's interest in Ross and Ross never bothered to mention it to us to see if we'd offer him something that would give him plenty to think about then that tells you all you need to know about Ross' desire to come here. He could easily have told Evans he'd been offered another job and it was a good offer and wanted to know where he stood with Evans. He either didn't do this because he wasn't interested enough in ITFC or he did do this and Evans didn't value Ross enough to make him a suitable offer.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

My two pennies worth. on 17:07 - May 25 with 1446 viewsbrogansnose

My two pennies worth. on 16:19 - May 25 by DanFord

Joe has had two huge flounces this week and while he has previously been reliable in terms of the youth team stuff, Phil and Stuart Watson seem to be pretty solid in suggesting that Hurst is the top target, Ross impressed and no offer was made. However, you are missing the biggest and most obvious point that if Ross was REALLY that interested in coming here, he'd have made us aware of the Sunderland interest to see what we were going to offer. We didn't offer anything. That tells you what you need to know.

Joe, a flouncer ???

Have a word.
My two pennies worth. on 17:11 - May 25 with 1441 viewsDanFord

My two pennies worth. on 17:07 - May 25 by brogansnose

Joe, a flouncer ???

Have a word.

A week ago I would have said Joe was one of the most level headed posters on here. But he's had a massive rant about missing out on Ross, followed by a massive rant about missing out on Hurst, when we haven't even missed out on him yet. So yeah.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

My two pennies worth. on 17:28 - May 25 with 1427 viewsitfcjoe

My two pennies worth. on 17:11 - May 25 by DanFord

A week ago I would have said Joe was one of the most level headed posters on here. But he's had a massive rant about missing out on Ross, followed by a massive rant about missing out on Hurst, when we haven't even missed out on him yet. So yeah.

A massive rant - give over.

I’m very annoyed we’ve missed out on Ross due to waiting around for Hurst as it was predictable he wouldn’t wait that long.

Also, I think it’s on a knifes edge now, we’ve gone through this thorough recruitment process and in our position where we have a preferred candidate available but if we don’t get deal done it’s hoing to be a shocker of a process

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

My two pennies worth. on 17:32 - May 25 with 1415 viewsitfcjoe

My two pennies worth. on 16:58 - May 25 by DanFord

He didn't know Shrewsbury would make the final, nor did he know they'd even be in the playoffs. But his timeline was clearly a worst case scenario based around the final. No fans are going to moan if we got our man sooner. If Evans truly was not aware of Sunderland's interest in Ross and Ross never bothered to mention it to us to see if we'd offer him something that would give him plenty to think about then that tells you all you need to know about Ross' desire to come here. He could easily have told Evans he'd been offered another job and it was a good offer and wanted to know where he stood with Evans. He either didn't do this because he wasn't interested enough in ITFC or he did do this and Evans didn't value Ross enough to make him a suitable offer.

If we’ve told Ross we really like you but you need to wait 2 weeks, and Sunderland come in and make him number 1 target and feel wanted etc then you can see why he’d sign up without contacting us. The comment about how keen they were was a clear indicator of that.

It’s done now, Evans has to ensure he gets Hurst sorted next week now though - or he will rightly receive a lot of criticism

My two pennies worth. on 17:53 - May 25 with 1382 viewsLord_Lucan

My two pennies worth. on 17:32 - May 25 by itfcjoe

If we’ve told Ross we really like you but you need to wait 2 weeks, and Sunderland come in and make him number 1 target and feel wanted etc then you can see why he’d sign up without contacting us. The comment about how keen they were was a clear indicator of that.

It’s done now, Evans has to ensure he gets Hurst sorted next week now though - or he will rightly receive a lot of criticism

It's a good point about Ross, he must have been a bit bemused about being put on ice - with all things being considered!

ME approached all this as if he was hiring a Sales Director, sometimes his naivety is mind boggling.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

My two pennies worth. on 18:04 - May 25 with 1362 viewsitfcjoe

My two pennies worth. on 17:53 - May 25 by Lord_Lucan

It's a good point about Ross, he must have been a bit bemused about being put on ice - with all things being considered!

ME approached all this as if he was hiring a Sales Director, sometimes his naivety is mind boggling.

Shrews getting to the final screwed the process really

My two pennies worth. on 18:15 - May 25 with 1348 viewsHerbivore

My two pennies worth. on 17:32 - May 25 by itfcjoe

Do we really want a manager though who (a) spoke to Sunderland without permission from his club and (b) wasn't keen enough to come here to pick up the phone to Evans and give him the heads up? That along with his conduct at Hartlepool makes me wonder a bit about his character.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

My two pennies worth. on 18:28 - May 25 with 1329 viewsFreddy

My two pennies worth. on 16:45 - May 25 by itfcjoe

Ross was leading the race, I've been told that by enough people connected to believe it.

Even Phil has stated that on here and you are holding him and Stu up as the informed guys, maybe read his posts?

The late May early June was with regards to play offs, clearly, but how did he know Hurst would make the final? In an ideal world for Evans the Shrews would have been knocked out and he coyuld have interviewed both and made his mind up. Sunderland have now made his mind up.

Evans wasn't aware of Sunderland and Ross, that caught everyone out - fair play to them for getting their man. Hopfully hurst works out here too, even though I preferred Ross I think hurst a good candidate (similar to Evans.....!)

This
My two pennies worth. on 18:48 - May 25 with 1308 viewsBluedandy

My two pennies worth. on 15:42 - May 25 by Freddy

I also think Ross was the man but Evans wanted to wait until Monday to speak to Hurst. I don't see Hurst leaving fs they get promoted as he'll be offered a new deal and would relish the challenge

Relish the challenge of staying with a club that struggles to sell 10K tickets for a Wembley final ... that's a peculiar relish.
My two pennies worth. on 18:56 - May 25 with 1299 viewsitfcjoe

My two pennies worth. on 18:15 - May 25 by Herbivore

Do we really want a manager though who (a) spoke to Sunderland without permission from his club and (b) wasn't keen enough to come here to pick up the phone to Evans and give him the heads up? That along with his conduct at Hartlepool makes me wonder a bit about his character.

Personally they don’t worry me, Football is dog eat dog and reality is we are going to appoint a manager next week who has been lining a job up whilst in a play off campaign. It’s the nature of the beast.

With regards to his spell at Hartlepool, again I find from speaking to a few I know in the game the club is always trying to spin against the player when they want to get rid - by chance there was a story on Elie James Feast of Footy podcast today (an excellent listen btw) where Iwan Roberts was explaining how Gillingham tried to force him out......his manager at the time was same as Ross at Hartlepool - Neale Cooper.

The biggest shame for me is now that no one, including Evans will now know if we got the top candidate as Hurst now effectively interviewing against himself - but I’m confident Hurst a good appointment so not too worried - just would’ve preferred Ross even though Hursr better on paper

My two pennies worth. on 20:45 - May 25 with 1230 viewscressi

My two pennies worth. on 18:28 - May 25 by Freddy

This

Hurst all day everywhere. He has managed success Ross a decent 18 months no more let's hope it's done next week which I'm sure it will be . If not Warburton for me or Scott Parker
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024