Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bobby Robson...more than a manager 19:06 - May 25 with 6674 viewsgtsb

Just watched the report on Look East and clips from the film. Straight to Amazon and ordered. I was so lucky to see Ipswich under his guidance. The man oozed class and dignity and when I watch those clips from yesteryear I long for those days again. It'll never happen but I consider myself very privileged to have witnessed those years. The man will always be a legend on and off the pitch , not just at Ipswich but throughout the football world. There really is only one Bobby Robson.
Bobby Robson...more than a manager on 19:11 - May 25 with 5683 viewswkj

That must be a first, Ipswich related goings ons reported on Look East

Needless to say, thanks for the reminder, I hope you get commission on this order as I placed it on the back of reading this

[Post edited 25 May 2018 19:15]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Bobby Robson...more than a manager on 19:16 - May 25 with 5678 viewsgtsb

Bobby Robson...more than a manager on 19:11 - May 25 by wkj

That must be a first, Ipswich related goings ons reported on Look East

Needless to say, thanks for the reminder, I hope you get commission on this order as I placed it on the back of reading this

[Post edited 25 May 2018 19:15]

To be fair Stewart White was very complimentary. He said he went to see Sir Bobby not long before he died and was told he would get about 15 minutes with the great man. He infact got nearly two hours.
[Post edited 25 May 2018 19:17]
Bobby Robson...more than a manager on 19:19 - May 25 with 5663 viewswkj

Bobby Robson...more than a manager on 19:16 - May 25 by gtsb

To be fair Stewart White was very complimentary. He said he went to see Sir Bobby not long before he died and was told he would get about 15 minutes with the great man. He infact got nearly two hours.
[Post edited 25 May 2018 19:17]

He was a fantastic man from all accounts, My mum apparently sold him a washing machine second hand through the paper around the time he was hired back in the day and always said he was as charming in person as on the camera. I wasn't alive then, but when I go home I always get a little tingle knowing that the great man spent a few minutes in my family home once upon a time.

Crybaby

Bobby Robson...more than a manager on 19:21 - May 25 with 5646 viewsSuperblue95

Bobby Robson...more than a manager on 19:19 - May 25 by wkj

He was a fantastic man from all accounts, My mum apparently sold him a washing machine second hand through the paper around the time he was hired back in the day and always said he was as charming in person as on the camera. I wasn't alive then, but when I go home I always get a little tingle knowing that the great man spent a few minutes in my family home once upon a time.

Def info?

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Bobby Robson...more than a manager on 19:23 - May 25 with 5644 viewswkj

Bobby Robson...more than a manager on 19:21 - May 25 by Superblue95

Def info?

My mum never had any time for football, My grandad was an avid town fan (got me into it, god rest his soul) and always told the story of Robson every Christmas, but in short, the deffest of def info

Crybaby

Bobby Robson...more than a manager on 19:24 - May 25 with 5639 viewsgtsb

Lovely story. On a different note there are a lot of reasons I hate The Sun newspaper but I wouldn't wipe my @rse with that rag the way they vilified the man. Soon backfired though.
Bobby Robson...more than a manager on 19:25 - May 25 with 5630 viewsReuser_is_God

I look forward to watching it.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Bobby Robson...more than a manager on 19:27 - May 25 with 5626 viewsSuperblue95

Bobby Robson...more than a manager on 19:23 - May 25 by wkj

My mum never had any time for football, My grandad was an avid town fan (got me into it, god rest his soul) and always told the story of Robson every Christmas, but in short, the deffest of def info

Better claim to fame than anything I have

Login to get fewer ads

Bobby Robson...more than a manager on 19:29 - May 25 with 5621 viewswkj

Bobby Robson...more than a manager on 19:27 - May 25 by Superblue95

Better claim to fame than anything I have

You know Rommers, that's gotta be a (pigeon's) feather in your cap?

My own personal claim to fame was meeting Noel Edmonds at Pleasurewood hills when he had something to do with it, absolutely stunk of B.O.

Crybaby

Bobby Robson...more than a manager on 19:53 - May 25 with 5553 viewsSuperblue95

Bobby Robson...more than a manager on 19:29 - May 25 by wkj

You know Rommers, that's gotta be a (pigeon's) feather in your cap?

My own personal claim to fame was meeting Noel Edmonds at Pleasurewood hills when he had something to do with it, absolutely stunk of B.O.

Noel Edmonds? that's a shame.

I have a cousin who I don't think I've ever met who apparently worked in the pits for Nigel Mansell. I also had an ex girlfriend who played Gaelic Football with Shane Longs sister. I once met Una Healy (Foden) from the Saturdays in my local town in Ireland (her local town too)

All clutching desperately at straws I know

Bobby Robson...more than a manager on 21:37 - May 25 with 5437 viewsIllinoisblue

My mum was a nurse at Nuffield and got to meet him a few times when he was having his various treatments. said he was lovely man who waited his turn like the other patients and was always friendly with the nurses and doctors.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Bobby Robson...more than a manager on 21:50 - May 25 with 5410 viewsSwansea_Blue

Was it about 9 months before you were born by any chance?

Now wouldn't that be a thing? I'd frame myself and sell myself on Ebay!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:12 - May 25 with 5372 viewsmanchego

[Post edited 26 May 2018 8:57]
Bobby Robson...more than a manager on 22:34 - May 25 with 5323 viewswkj

Bobby Robson...more than a manager on 19:53 - May 25 by Superblue95

Noel Edmonds? that's a shame.

I have a cousin who I don't think I've ever met who apparently worked in the pits for Nigel Mansell. I also had an ex girlfriend who played Gaelic Football with Shane Longs sister. I once met Una Healy (Foden) from the Saturdays in my local town in Ireland (her local town too)

All clutching desperately at straws I know

Una Healy? That is a very good straw to clutch sir

Crybaby

Bobby Robson...more than a manager on 22:35 - May 25 with 5320 viewswkj

Bobby Robson...more than a manager on 21:50 - May 25 by Swansea_Blue

Was it about 9 months before you were born by any chance?

Now wouldn't that be a thing? I'd frame myself and sell myself on Ebay!

Looks like this weeks earnings are going to https://www.ancestrydna.co.uk

Crybaby

Bobby Robson...more than a manager on 22:58 - May 25 with 5283 viewsSuperblue95

Bobby Robson...more than a manager on 22:34 - May 25 by wkj

Una Healy? That is a very good straw to clutch sir

Im sure a teenage girl would have been moderately impressed about 5 years ago

Bobby Robson...more than a manager on 23:01 - May 25 with 5272 viewsMuncher

Just got back from watching it, a fantastic film, an absolute must watch.
Bobby Robson...more than a manager on 23:05 - May 25 with 5272 viewsSitfcB

Just been to the screening at Portman Road, a pleasure to be there and hear the great mans voice reverberate around the stadium.

A must watch for any football fan, not just ITFC.

With this and Our Blue Heaven in the last week I feel I have partaken in some brilliant education.
[Post edited 25 May 2018 23:06]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Bobby Robson...more than a manager on 23:32 - May 25 with 5209 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

Bobby Robson...more than a manager on 23:05 - May 25 by SitfcB

Just been to the screening at Portman Road, a pleasure to be there and hear the great mans voice reverberate around the stadium.

With this and Our Blue Heaven in the last week I feel I have partaken in some brilliant education.

I Went To Watch 'Bobby Robson: More Than a Manager' At Wembley Tonight by Bad_Boy_Mark 24 May 2018 1:50
It's funny, heartwarming, emotive, beautifully shot and extremely well put together.

Don't want to write too much, so as not to spoil it for those yet to see it - Sir Bobby's time managing in Spain, Portugal and Holland are all covered, as is his time as England manager and Ipswich!

There are some wonderful moments shared at various times during the film by (the original) Ronaldo, Pep, Mourinho, Shearer, Lineker, Ferguson and Gazza.

Good amounts of footage - Ronaldo really had the lot as a player - and there is a good amount of ITFC coverage.

While Henry Winter was the host, Terry Butcher was the guest speaker tonight and did an excellent job. He said the England team should watch this film before they go to the World Cup, and he is right!

Lady Elsie was in attendance, as was their son, Mark, and I bumped into Barry Fry.

My estimation is around 2000 attended tonight - I didn't see many Town shirts though but perhaps that more to do with the dip in temperature rather than non-attendance.

A wonderful film that encapsulates Sir Bobby very well indeed and I would recommend it as a must-see for all Town fans!

Sir Bobby would be proud, very proud indeed!

PS I had the absolute pleasure of meeting Terry Butcher tonight and he happily posed for some pictures. I asked him about the possibility of him and George taking over as manager and No 2. He replied that the club want to go for someone younger, and confirmed that neither him nor George had been invited for an interview.

If you have a ticket, you are in for a real treat, and if you don't have a ticket, I would recommend that you buy one!

Thanks for reading! [thumbsup]

Bobby Robson...more than a manager on 23:33 - May 25 with 5201 viewsPhilTWTD

Indeed, I was there as well, very good.

https://amzn.to/2J8Ip7y
Bobby Robson...more than a manager on 23:34 - May 25 with 5198 viewsDeano69

Couldn’t agree more. Fabulous evening and a lovely film.

Bobby Robson - My Football Hero.

Patron Saint of Football.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Bobby Robson...more than a manager on 23:36 - May 25 with 5190 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Bobby Robson...more than a manager on 23:33 - May 25 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, I was there as well, very good.

https://amzn.to/2J8Ip7y

So was I. First time in Portman Road for a while!

Poll: Best Football Song

Bobby Robson...more than a manager on 23:47 - May 25 with 5160 viewshoppy

It's my latest claim to fame that I sat behind you at the Wolsey, and next to you this evening...

So in the space of a week, I have experienced being near you, but not with you, to being next to you... Good to see you absorbing our history and furthering your education in this way.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Bobby Robson...more than a manager on 01:10 - May 26 with 5058 viewsBluespeed225

Just got in from it, a few drinks on, but it was an up and down’er with the timeline. Obviously we all wanted more ITFC, but SBR had a long career after us. Mills, Butch, and Wark at the screening. If it had come off in 75, 77, or 81, for a provincial team like us, there would be no higher achievement. I’m happy to have seen what we got. SBR, you are the best.
Bobby Robson...more than a manager on 02:22 - May 26 with 5015 viewsSuperfrans

Couldn’t agree more. It was a truly excellent film, as good as I hoped it would be and much more.

There was a fair bit of ITFC in the first half hour, but the sections about Barcelona, Gazza and England were brilliantly done too. Plenty of tears were shed.

John Hall blaming Newcastle’s players for getting Sir Bobby sacked made my blood boil though... and Louis Van Gaal on taking over at Barca too.

A really superb film about a very special man. If anyone’s looking for a Father’s Day gift for the Ipswich fan in their life, this is an absolute must.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024