Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've just recovered from the Ross pincer move but I am very despondent 20:29 - May 25 with 5936 viewsLord_Lucan

In reality, like most people, I haven't got much of a clue about Hurst but to me it seems reminiscent of John Duncans appointment.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I've just recovered from the Ross pincer move but I am very despondent on 20:34 - May 25 with 4373 viewsJ2BLUE

Relax, this is Ipswich.

On Monday Hurst will sign a new deal with Shrewsbury.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I've just recovered from the Ross pincer move but I am very despondent on 20:35 - May 25 with 4366 viewsLeoMuff

not sure why so negative, Hurst has literally had success every season at every club he has been at, and taken Shrews who were favourites for the drop to within a game of promotion.

Ross talks a good game but he has had one good season in a league which still has part time clubs in it. Hurst is by far the better candidate and has achieved at 1 level below us.

That said if ME messes up Hurst I will be spitting tacks.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Cheer up swwet cheeks on 20:37 - May 25 with 4346 viewsDyland

Have a virtual pill

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I've just recovered from the Ross pincer move but I am very despondent on 20:38 - May 25 with 4337 viewsLord_Lucan

I've just recovered from the Ross pincer move but I am very despondent on 20:35 - May 25 by LeoMuff

not sure why so negative, Hurst has literally had success every season at every club he has been at, and taken Shrews who were favourites for the drop to within a game of promotion.

Ross talks a good game but he has had one good season in a league which still has part time clubs in it. Hurst is by far the better candidate and has achieved at 1 level below us.

That said if ME messes up Hurst I will be spitting tacks.

I hope he does.

I would much rather have Parker or Coleman - although I don't know if Coleman is even on our radar.

Looks like a done deal with Hurst though.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

I've just recovered from the Ross pincer move but I am very despondent on 20:40 - May 25 with 4321 viewsJ2BLUE

I've just recovered from the Ross pincer move but I am very despondent on 20:38 - May 25 by Lord_Lucan

I hope he does.

I would much rather have Parker or Coleman - although I don't know if Coleman is even on our radar.

Coleman?

What is wrong with you?

Truly impaired.

Get a grip man on 20:43 - May 25 with 4312 viewsDyland

I've just recovered from the Ross pincer move but I am very despondent on 20:38 - May 25 by Lord_Lucan

I hope he does.

Coleman!

FFS

I've just recovered from the Ross pincer move but I am very despondent on 20:44 - May 25 with 4309 viewsLord_Lucan

I've just recovered from the Ross pincer move but I am very despondent on 20:40 - May 25 by J2BLUE

Coleman?

What is wrong with you?

Two years ago you wouldn't have dreamed that Coleman would even be associated with Ipswich - what's changed?

I've just recovered from the Ross pincer move but I am very despondent on 20:46 - May 25 with 4285 viewsSuperblue95

I've just recovered from the Ross pincer move but I am very despondent on 20:44 - May 25 by Lord_Lucan

Two years ago you wouldn't have dreamed that Coleman would even be associated with Ipswich - what's changed?

Would have been more a nightmare than a dream even then. Failed miserably at every job at club level. Did well with Wales but international management is a whole different ball game
[Post edited 25 May 2018 20:48]

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Login to get fewer ads

I've just recovered from the Ross pincer move but I am very despondent on 20:47 - May 25 with 4279 viewsLeoMuff

I hope he does.

So what attracts you to Parker over Hurst we literally have nothing on him at all, never managed only plus is played at top level, and as others have posted name one ex England player who has become a decent manager.

Coleman is just same old championship manager treadmill.

The only Muff in Town.

Cheer up swwet cheeks on 20:48 - May 25 with 4266 viewsLord_Lucan

Cheer up swwet cheeks on 20:37 - May 25 by Dyland

Have a virtual pill

I've just recovered from the Ross pincer move but I am very despondent on 20:51 - May 25 with 4238 viewsLord_Lucan

I've just recovered from the Ross pincer move but I am very despondent on 20:47 - May 25 by LeoMuff

So what attracts you to Parker over Hurst we literally have nothing on him at all, never managed only plus is played at top level, and as others have posted name one ex England player who has become a decent manager.

He sort of oozes success, I think Parker is a dude, snappy dresser.

I've just recovered from the Ross pincer move but I am very despondent on 20:52 - May 25 with 4233 viewsLeoMuff

I've just recovered from the Ross pincer move but I am very despondent on 20:44 - May 25 by Lord_Lucan

Well he has just acheived his second relegation from the championship in his career, so maybe we should try not to become his third victim.

The only Muff in Town.

I've just recovered from the Ross pincer move but I am very despondent on 20:54 - May 25 with 4223 viewsJ2BLUE

I wouldn't have wanted him two years ago. He did well with Wales but as I posted earlier I think it more down to them having Bale and the other players really giving it their all and buying in because they knew they had someone who could win them the game at any given moment. Apparently that is 'lazy' thinking but Bale was so patriotic and passionate about Wales it really seemed to rub off on all of them that they had a genuine game changer in the team.

If i'm right then Giggs should also be successful with Wales.

I'm not convinced by Coleman.

Truly impaired.

Cheer up swwet cheeks on 20:56 - May 25 with 4210 viewsDyland

Cheer up swwet cheeks on 20:48 - May 25 by Lord_Lucan

Calling you out here you miserable sod. Are you off the pop or summink?

Cheer up swwet cheeks on 20:59 - May 25 with 4188 viewsLord_Lucan

Cheer up swwet cheeks on 20:56 - May 25 by Dyland

Calling you out here you miserable sod. Are you off the pop or summink?

Well I'm not drinking like I once did but I am genuinely annoyed about the whole manager / Ipswich situation.

Cheer up swwet cheeks on 21:02 - May 25 with 4161 viewswkj

Cheer up swwet cheeks on 20:59 - May 25 by Lord_Lucan

Well I'm not drinking like I once did but I am genuinely annoyed about the whole manager / Ipswich situation.

While its easy to be annoyed, I have to keep faith that Ross was never Evans' #1, had he have been I suspect we'd have signed him up well over a week ago. For better for worse Hurst has had a very impressive career in the lower leagues, and has shown he is capable of carrying that through to League 1. League 1 and Championship seem to be close for a lot of teams, seems as each year the promoted teams generally do a fair job in the Championship, so, I have to have faith in Hurst, assuming this isn't another whistle-stop on the management jolly jack around (pun intended)

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Cheer up swwet cheeks on 21:05 - May 25 with 4143 viewsDyland

Er get off da internet?

I've just recovered from the Ross pincer move but I am very despondent on 21:12 - May 25 with 4102 viewsLesta_Tractor

I've just recovered from the Ross pincer move but I am very despondent on 20:47 - May 25 by LeoMuff

Erm... Bobby Robson?

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

I've just recovered from the Ross pincer move but I am very despondent on 21:16 - May 25 with 4076 viewsLeoMuff

I've just recovered from the Ross pincer move but I am very despondent on 21:12 - May 25 by Lesta_Tractor

Erm... Bobby Robson?

I’m talking recent history, 90s onward.

The only Muff in Town.

I've just recovered from the Ross pincer move but I am very despondent on 21:20 - May 25 with 4047 viewsLesta_Tractor

I've just recovered from the Ross pincer move but I am very despondent on 21:16 - May 25 by LeoMuff

I’m talking recent history, 90s onward.

Christ, I reckon the most successful manager out of 90s onwards England players would probably be Paul Ince!!!

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Cheer up swwet cheeks on 21:23 - May 25 with 4031 viewsm14_blue

If you don't know anything about him, why are you so down on him?

Have to admit I was pretty taken by Ross too but IF we get Hurst I think he'll do an excellent job. Exciting times ahead with a manager who could be a bit special.

Can't believe you'd rather have someone like Coleman.

I'd be ok with Parker but he would be an even bigger risk.
I've just recovered from the Ross pincer move but I am very despondent on 21:25 - May 25 with 4032 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Yeah, Hurst is only one of the most highly rated young managers in the game with a win percentage of over 49% over his last 290 matches.

His own fans rate him and enjoy his style of football.

If that leaves you despondent, the so be it! ;-)

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I've just recovered from the Ross pincer move but I am very despondent on 21:27 - May 25 with 4011 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I hope he does.

Coleman left his last two jobs having failed in his objectives.

If that floats your boat, fair enough.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I've just recovered from the Ross pincer move but I am very despondent on 21:28 - May 25 with 4001 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I'd only take him if he brought Gareth Bale with him to carry the team like Wales.

I've just recovered from the Ross pincer move but I am very despondent on 21:28 - May 25 with 4008 viewsIllinoisblue

It won’t make a scrap of difference who the manager is if Evans continues with strategy of minimal funding while hoping for lots of luck.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024