Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Surely thats it for Stoneman? 12:50 - May 26 with 1488 viewssparks

Just not equipped for test cricket.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Surely thats it for Stoneman? on 12:52 - May 26 with 1483 viewspointofblue

I’m starting to wonder if any of our batsman are equipped for Test Cricket, outside of Cook and Root.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Surely thats it for Stoneman? on 12:52 - May 26 with 1482 viewsSteve_M

He is certainly out of form at the moment. I thought he looked quite decent last Summer though.

England's attempts to replace Strauss five and a half years after he retired continue.....

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Surely thats it for Stoneman? on 12:53 - May 26 with 1478 viewsBluefish

Surely thats it for Stoneman? on 12:52 - May 26 by Steve_M

He is certainly out of form at the moment. I thought he looked quite decent last Summer though.

England's attempts to replace Strauss five and a half years after he retired continue.....

Not forgetting that we are also trying to replace cook

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Surely thats it for Stoneman? on 12:54 - May 26 with 1476 viewspointofblue

Surely thats it for Stoneman? on 12:52 - May 26 by Steve_M

I remember the days when Ian Bell was criticised because he got into the 40s but rarely went any further. We’d take that right now.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Surely thats it for Stoneman? on 12:56 - May 26 with 1466 viewsLord_Lucan

Are we playing? I haven't watched any of it.

For me cricket has gone the same way as football.

The over saturation has put me right off.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Surely thats it for Stoneman? on 12:57 - May 26 with 1460 viewsWD19

Surely thats it for Stoneman? on 12:54 - May 26 by pointofblue

I remember the days when Ian Bell was criticised because he got into the 40s but rarely went any further. We’d take that right now.

Culling Compton because he was one dimensional looks less sensible with hindsight too.
Surely thats it for Stoneman? on 12:59 - May 26 with 1452 viewsfarkenhell

Surely thats it for Stoneman? on 12:56 - May 26 by Lord_Lucan

Are we playing? I haven't watched any of it.

For me cricket has gone the same way as football.

The over saturation has put me right off.

No danger of over saturation with this match. The way we're playing it'll be all over inside 3 days!
Surely thats it for Stoneman? on 13:01 - May 26 with 1455 viewsLord_Lucan

Oi Sparks by the way, I keep asking this when you crop up but you blank me.

Genuinely interested, you were always banging the drum for Redknapp, would you take him now?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Login to get fewer ads

Surely thats it for Stoneman? on 13:03 - May 26 with 1434 viewsSteve_M

Surely thats it for Stoneman? on 12:57 - May 26 by WD19

Culling Compton because he was one dimensional looks less sensible with hindsight too.

Although when he was dropped he had been absolutely awful, think there was a Test at Headingley where he looked so far out of his depth.

Carberry is the one I thought should have stayed around longer, not as a long-term solution but more as a stopgap. Might have let some of the others who have failed prosper in country cricket a bit longer.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Surely thats it for Stoneman? on 13:04 - May 26 with 1442 viewssparks

Surely thats it for Stoneman? on 13:01 - May 26 by Lord_Lucan

Oi Sparks by the way, I keep asking this when you crop up but you blank me.

Genuinely interested, you were always banging the drum for Redknapp, would you take him now?

No. I dont think he's particularly interested in a long term job, or one which is 4 hours drive from Sandbanks. He's 70 plus.

His record remains better than pretty much any other Englishman over hte last 20 years though.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Surely thats it for Stoneman? on 13:07 - May 26 with 1430 viewsLord_Lucan

Surely thats it for Stoneman? on 13:04 - May 26 by sparks

No. I dont think he's particularly interested in a long term job, or one which is 4 hours drive from Sandbanks. He's 70 plus.

His record remains better than pretty much any other Englishman over hte last 20 years though.

He did say on Talksh1te that he would be interested.

Out of the contenders we had, who would you have liked?

Surely thats it for Stoneman? on 13:20 - May 26 with 1398 viewssparks

Surely thats it for Stoneman? on 13:07 - May 26 by Lord_Lucan

He did say on Talksh1te that he would be interested.

Out of the contenders we had, who would you have liked?

Ross looked the obvious.

Surely thats it for Stoneman? on 13:30 - May 26 with 1375 viewsjas0999

Surely thats it for Stoneman? on 12:52 - May 26 by pointofblue

I’m starting to wonder if any of our batsman are equipped for Test Cricket, outside of Cook and Root.

Even the bowlers are failing to chip in with runs - particularly when under pressure. Bowlers not that effective at bowling either.
Surely thats it for Stoneman? on 13:44 - May 26 with 1347 viewschristiand

Surely thats it for Stoneman? on 13:30 - May 26 by jas0999

Even the bowlers are failing to chip in with runs - particularly when under pressure. Bowlers not that effective at bowling either.

Shouldn't have to rely on the bowlers to get runs when our batsmen can't do their job. I've said this before, but the test side is in a real mess we can't bat, bowl or field in the test arena. We genuinely haven't been this poor for some time, perhaps not since Nasser Hussain's side in 1999 when we hit rock bottom? Think we'd struggle to beat Ireland!!!

I'd keep Root (but not as captain), Bairstow, Stokes and Bess is worth persevering with. The rest can go. Bring in the new breed around the county scene and give them plenty of time to bed down. Broad and Anderson 'have' been top class bowlers, but now on the downward spiral and probably too influential in the dressing room.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Surely thats it for Stoneman? on 14:04 - May 26 with 1328 viewsmparkyn

To be fair that ball spun from the rough and hardly bounced !!

Ealing Blue

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024