Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans approach to Hurst 14:18 - May 26 with 3298 viewsSuperfrans

So presumably, now that we are down to a shortlist of one, whatever happens after tomorrow’s play off final, Evans has to be the first person on the phone to Hurst, smother him with flattery, tell him he’s the man we’ve been waiting for, the only one for us, we’ll quadruple his salary and give him 3 years security to do his job.

Basically make him feel the way Ross was made to feel by Sunderland’s manager - wanted.

Then we get him in the building as quickly as possible.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Evans approach to Hurst on 14:22 - May 26 with 3269 viewsitfcjoe

Hopefully the fact that our whole process is now after 8 weeks with him as now leading candidate and we will want to get it done ASAP should show we really want him, regardless of what has gone on before.

So important we get him.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Evans approach to Hurst on 14:23 - May 26 with 3253 viewsPinewoodblue

Hurst is off to Dubai on Monday, with his family, for a well earned holiday.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Evans approach to Hurst on 14:28 - May 26 with 3216 viewsstrikalite

Really can't see why people are panicking so much, it was always a case of backing off and waiting, if this wasn't already a done deal then Ross for the way he impressed would have been snapped up last week, all the things you've said would have been quietly whispered to him behind the scenes without a doubt..
Evans approach to Hurst on 14:28 - May 26 with 3219 viewstextbackup

lets not be so naïve here.

Hursts agent will already have the offer from Town (if Hurst is ME's no1 man) Id bet if his agent has that offer that PH will know of it, and will have given an indication that its a yay or nay.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Evans approach to Hurst on 14:40 - May 26 with 3160 viewseddiespearitt03

The EADT/Star newspaper has a short list of 27 applicants and they are all favourites too. LOL
Evans approach to Hurst on 14:55 - May 26 with 3095 viewsKieran_Knows

Evans approach to Hurst on 14:23 - May 26 by Pinewoodblue

Hurst is off to Dubai on Monday, with his family, for a well earned holiday.

That really doesn’t matter in all fairness.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Evans approach to Hurst on 14:58 - May 26 with 3081 viewsNo9

Is anyone else, apart from the Shrews, in for Mr Hurst?
Evans approach to Hurst on 15:15 - May 26 with 3038 viewsSuperfrans

Evans approach to Hurst on 14:22 - May 26 by itfcjoe

Hopefully the fact that our whole process is now after 8 weeks with him as now leading candidate and we will want to get it done ASAP should show we really want him, regardless of what has gone on before.

So important we get him.

Totally agree.

If the approach for Hurst is successful, the entire process over the past few weeks will make sense and I’ll take my hat off to Evans. Great appointment, and highly impressive the way he has kept his nerve.

If it isn’t successful and it turns out we didn’t know what Hurst’s thoughts were, or we lose him to someone else, it will be awful, in so many ways - in terms of his credibility with the fans, the club’s credibility with the current players (including the likes of Bart, who we are trying to sign to a new contract) and future signings, not to mention our ability to get prepared for next season.

Evans will have to pull a pretty impressive rabbit out of a hat to make up for that kind of calamity.

Login to get fewer ads

Evans approach to Hurst on 15:16 - May 26 with 3032 viewsSuperfrans

Evans approach to Hurst on 14:28 - May 26 by strikalite

Really can't see why people are panicking so much, it was always a case of backing off and waiting, if this wasn't already a done deal then Ross for the way he impressed would have been snapped up last week, all the things you've said would have been quietly whispered to him behind the scenes without a doubt..

I don’t think anyone would be panicking if we knew Hurst was lined up, secured, all but signed. But we don’t. We’re just guessing and hoping.

Evans approach to Hurst on 15:17 - May 26 with 3028 viewsSuperfrans

Evans approach to Hurst on 14:28 - May 26 by textbackup

Hursts agent will already have the offer from Town (if Hurst is ME's no1 man) Id bet if his agent has that offer that PH will know of it, and will have given an indication that its a yay or nay.

I hope all you say is true.

Evans approach to Hurst on 08:52 - May 27 with 2726 viewstractorboy1978

Evans approach to Hurst on 15:15 - May 26 by Superfrans

Totally agree.

If the approach for Hurst is successful, the entire process over the past few weeks will make sense and I’ll take my hat off to Evans. Great appointment, and highly impressive the way he has kept his nerve.

If it isn’t successful and it turns out we didn’t know what Hurst’s thoughts were, or we lose him to someone else, it will be awful, in so many ways - in terms of his credibility with the fans, the club’s credibility with the current players (including the likes of Bart, who we are trying to sign to a new contract) and future signings, not to mention our ability to get prepared for next season.

Evans will have to pull a pretty impressive rabbit out of a hat to make up for that kind of calamity.

if he doesn't land Hurst he will look a complete fool and very incompetent. If he does then he has handled the situation superbly. There really isn't any middle ground.

It feels odd that all the fans, journos etc are speaking as if Hurst is already our manager when we've not even formally spoken to him. Phil using the phrase "shoo in".
Evans approach to Hurst on 09:08 - May 27 with 2682 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

It may well be a yay or nay dependent on the L1 final. If the Shrews win it, they can certainly offer Hurst an improved contract. If it was already done and dusted Hurst would have said his goodbyes already. There is no indication, either from Hurst or any of his staff, that this is his final game in charge.
Evans approach to Hurst on 09:17 - May 27 with 2650 viewswallyvincent

Evans approach to Hurst on 08:52 - May 27 by tractorboy1978

if he doesn't land Hurst he will look a complete fool and very incompetent. If he does then he has handled the situation superbly. There really isn't any middle ground.

It feels odd that all the fans, journos etc are speaking as if Hurst is already our manager when we've not even formally spoken to him. Phil using the phrase "shoo in".

I like to think that Hurst was the No1 target and that he’s as good as ours after today, with ME playing things respectfully but realistically, maybe everything sorted with Hurst agent and just a case of formalising the arrangement with Shrewsbury and Hurst himself.

“....he’s a young tearaway by the name of Wally Vincent” - DCI Frank Haskins, Metropolitan Police Flying Squad 1975

Evans approach to Hurst on 09:58 - May 27 with 2558 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Evans approach to Hurst on 10:04 - May 27 with 2528 viewspointofblue

Evans approach to Hurst on 09:08 - May 27 by BcarefulwhatUWish4

It may well be a yay or nay dependent on the L1 final. If the Shrews win it, they can certainly offer Hurst an improved contract. If it was already done and dusted Hurst would have said his goodbyes already. There is no indication, either from Hurst or any of his staff, that this is his final game in charge.

I wouldn’t want Hurst here if he’d made it clear, just before Shrewsbury’s biggest game of their history, that he was off whatever happened. How’s that treating the club with any kind of respect or dignity? How could he motivate the players after saying that?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Evans approach to Hurst on 15:25 - May 27 with 2401 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

at what point do you think Evans should tel him we have a smaller playing budget than Shrewsbury?

I guess after he signs
Evans approach to Hurst on 15:26 - May 27 with 2394 viewsJ2BLUE

Evans approach to Hurst on 15:25 - May 27 by FrowsyArmLarry

at what point do you think Evans should tel him we have a smaller playing budget than Shrewsbury?

I guess after he signs

Probably never as that clearly isn't true.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024