Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they 17:04 - May 27 with 2655 viewsVic

Though from the snippets I’ve seen I’d say that Shrewsbury have played the better football.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:14 - May 27 with 2601 viewsportmanking

Rotherham have been for more effective in possession for me. Shrewsbury haven't demonstrated anything I didn't know already - committed, well organised but no x factor. Their keeper has arguably kept them in it too.

I do just fear that Hurst has become the easy choice after missing out on Ross, rather than the right choice...
Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:14 - May 27 with 2595 viewsHerbivore

Rotherham look fresher, lots of players full of running. Shrewsbury look spent.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:15 - May 27 with 2587 viewsHerbivore

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:14 - May 27 by portmanking

Rotherham have been for more effective in possession for me. Shrewsbury haven't demonstrated anything I didn't know already - committed, well organised but no x factor. Their keeper has arguably kept them in it too.

I do just fear that Hurst has become the easy choice after missing out on Ross, rather than the right choice...

Hurst has been one of the favourites from day one, he's not plan b.

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:19 - May 27 with 2547 viewspointofblue

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:15 - May 27 by Herbivore

Hurst has been one of the favourites from day one, he's not plan b.

Not been impressed with them in the slightest today though. Know it’s only one game but they haven’t been at the races at all.

I wonder if Hurst regrets that Checkatrade Trophy run earlier in the season - they look spent.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:20 - May 27 with 2524 viewsVic

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:14 - May 27 by portmanking

Given that Hurst has always been near the very top of ME’s targets I can’t really see how he’d be the easy option. You seem to be suggesting that we wanted Ross, but didn’t/couldn’t get him.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:22 - May 27 with 2490 viewsHerbivore

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:19 - May 27 by pointofblue

Not been impressed with them in the slightest today though. Know it’s only one game but they haven’t been at the races at all.

I wonder if Hurst regrets that Checkatrade Trophy run earlier in the season - they look spent.

Basing your view on one game is rather silly. He's done an incredible job to get them this far, he's clearly a very good manager.

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:24 - May 27 with 2449 viewsportmanking

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:20 - May 27 by Vic

Given that Hurst has always been near the very top of ME’s targets I can’t really see how he’d be the easy option. You seem to be suggesting that we wanted Ross, but didn’t/couldn’t get him.

I just don't feel inspired by his style or presence. He seems quite an insular character. Just watching Paul Warne at half time of extra time just demonstrated the difference in charisma and drive. I think it's obvious that Hurst knows the game is up for Shrewsbury but it was his assistant just now that was doing all the cajoling.
Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:25 - May 27 with 2442 viewsJohnny_Boy

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:22 - May 27 by Herbivore

Basing your view on one game is rather silly. He's done an incredible job to get them this far, he's clearly a very good manager.

How many games have you seen this Shrewsbury side, apart from today & the Checkatrade Final?

Based on today, the Rotherham manager seems light years ahead of Hurst. Think even you must concede that.
Login to get fewer ads

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:30 - May 27 with 2397 viewsHerbivore

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:25 - May 27 by Johnny_Boy

How many games have you seen this Shrewsbury side, apart from today & the Checkatrade Final?

Based on today, the Rotherham manager seems light years ahead of Hurst. Think even you must concede that.

I've seen them play on at least three other occasions.

The Rotherham manager has better players who haven't played 60+ games this season. Their two goals have come from a centre back from two set pieces slung into the box in contrast to Shrewsbury's well worked goal. Don't get me wrong, Rotherham deserve the win if they hold on, however it's a massive leap to suggest on that basis that the Rotherham manager is 'light years' ahead of Hurst. It's a silly suggestion.

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:30 - May 27 with 2397 viewsSomethingBlue

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:25 - May 27 by Johnny_Boy

Rotherham, and their more expensive players, have been the better side today. Shrewsbury were better than them over 46 games. Today doesn't really tell us a lot either way, but keep dancing around and twisting yourself into knots.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:31 - May 27 with 2378 viewsJohnyJohnson

Rotherham have better players, a manager can only work with what he has. Hurst has done wonders so far I wouldn’t get too caught up with losing a playoff final to a better side.
Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:33 - May 27 with 2352 viewsSomethingBlue

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:30 - May 27 by Herbivore

I've seen them play on at least three other occasions.

The Rotherham manager has better players who haven't played 60+ games this season. Their two goals have come from a centre back from two set pieces slung into the box in contrast to Shrewsbury's well worked goal. Don't get me wrong, Rotherham deserve the win if they hold on, however it's a massive leap to suggest on that basis that the Rotherham manager is 'light years' ahead of Hurst. It's a silly suggestion.

Johnny Boy will reply to this with some sort of weird false equivalance and it will be pointless continuing.

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:34 - May 27 with 2350 viewspointofblue

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:31 - May 27 by JohnyJohnson

Rotherham have better players, a manager can only work with what he has. Hurst has done wonders so far I wouldn’t get too caught up with losing a playoff final to a better side.

Anyone can tell they’re absolutely spent as well. Rotherham’s extra energy is paying dividends.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:34 - May 27 with 2337 viewsHerbivore

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:30 - May 27 by SomethingBlue

Rotherham, and their more expensive players, have been the better side today. Shrewsbury were better than them over 46 games. Today doesn't really tell us a lot either way, but keep dancing around and twisting yourself into knots.

Yeah but the entire season is irrelevant, this one off game is clearly the only relevant evidence.

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:38 - May 27 with 2311 viewsJohnny_Boy

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:33 - May 27 by SomethingBlue

Johnny Boy will reply to this with some sort of weird false equivalance and it will be pointless continuing.

What an odd obsession you have with me.
I don't think I've said a negative comment towards Hurst.
Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:40 - May 27 with 2293 viewsHerbivore

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:38 - May 27 by Johnny_Boy

What an odd obsession you have with me.
I don't think I've said a negative comment towards Hurst.

Apart from the claim that a manager who finished 8 points below him with a superior squad is, in fact, light years ahead of him. I'd say that's pretty negative.
[Post edited 27 May 2018 17:40]

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:41 - May 27 with 2275 viewsJohnny_Boy

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:34 - May 27 by Herbivore

Yeah but the entire season is irrelevant, this one off game is clearly the only relevant evidence.

Why are both of you being so precious towards Hurst? He's not even our manager yet.
Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:44 - May 27 with 2258 viewsJohnny_Boy

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:40 - May 27 by Herbivore

Apart from the claim that a manager who finished 8 points below him with a superior squad is, in fact, light years ahead of him. I'd say that's pretty negative.
[Post edited 27 May 2018 17:40]

Based on this one game. Yes.
They were 2nd for most of the season, they came 3rd & lost in the play-off final after being totally outplayed by a team which finished 8pts behind them. Constructive criticism perhaps?
I know they've overachieved & very little was expected of them at the start of the season, they are bound to be disappointed at failing to get promoted after being so close.

That certainly doesn't make Hurst a bad manager.

Oh dear lord, are you going to be just as precious with Hurst as you were with Mick?
I think you have serious OCD. Your down voting has been spurious to say the least.
[Post edited 27 May 2018 18:03]
Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:45 - May 27 with 2243 viewsHerbivore

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:41 - May 27 by Johnny_Boy

Why are both of you being so precious towards Hurst? He's not even our manager yet.

Pointing out that you're an idiot isn't being precious, it's kind of a social duty.

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:48 - May 27 with 2218 viewsJohnny_Boy

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:45 - May 27 by Herbivore

Pointing out that you're an idiot isn't being precious, it's kind of a social duty.

You still seem extremely bitter about being so utterly wrong for blindly following Captain Hoof.

Time will heal x
Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:49 - May 27 with 2208 viewsSomethingBlue

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:48 - May 27 by Johnny_Boy

You still seem extremely bitter about being so utterly wrong for blindly following Captain Hoof.

Time will heal x

Wrongly upvoted you there. Don't be such a child.

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:53 - May 27 with 2174 viewsNo9

The report (written & LR) backed up by statistics doesn't look too good for the Shrophire side.
Looks very much like Rotherham wanted it
Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:53 - May 27 with 2175 viewsJohnny_Boy

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:49 - May 27 by SomethingBlue

Wrongly upvoted you there. Don't be such a child.

If you think I'm being a child, maybe you should have words with the toddler.

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they by Herbivore 27 May 2018 17:45

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 18:03 - May 27 with 2140 viewsHerbivore

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 17:53 - May 27 by Johnny_Boy

If you think I'm being a child, maybe you should have words with the toddler.

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they by Herbivore 27 May 2018 17:45

That was an entirely fair and accurate post. Yours was more of your usual nonsense. It's odd how you keep bringing up MM whilst having the gall to accuse others of being hung up on him. I've moved on, maybe you should give it a try too.

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 18:07 - May 27 with 2128 viewsJohnny_Boy

Rotherham have looked the more likely side haven’t they on 18:03 - May 27 by Herbivore

That was an entirely fair and accurate post. Yours was more of your usual nonsense. It's odd how you keep bringing up MM whilst having the gall to accuse others of being hung up on him. I've moved on, maybe you should give it a try too.

But you still seem upset & angry.

Have a tissue xx

It'll be alright.
[Post edited 27 May 2018 18:10]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024