Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Got huge respect for what Paul Hurst has done at Shrewsbury 17:22 - May 27 with 6278 viewsgmanrom

But Marcus Evans said we are going down a different route with the new manager, how is this going down a different route? This is like watching us versus the better teams in the championship. He will probably do ok here but he is not change from McCarthy.

Poll: In the next 5 years what league do you us settling in?

Got huge respect for what Paul Hurst has done at Shrewsbury on 17:24 - May 27 with 5103 viewsKieran_Knows

He’s not even here yet and we’re already moaning about him.

I appreciate everyone can have an opinion, but let’s get him in the door and see what he can do with the squad we’ve got, first. Surely?
[Post edited 27 May 2018 17:27]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Got huge respect for what Paul Hurst has done at Shrewsbury on 17:25 - May 27 with 5084 viewsrapier

Is it January 2019 already.... as that is when we should be saying things like this, the bloke hasn't even got the job yet!!
Got huge respect for what Paul Hurst has done at Shrewsbury on 17:26 - May 27 with 5047 viewsVic

Got huge respect for what Paul Hurst has done at Shrewsbury on 17:24 - May 27 by Kieran_Knows

I appreciate everyone can have an opinion, but let’s get him in the door and see what he can do with the squad we’ve got, first. Surely?

I think he’ll definatetly dilute it more than MM did. Less sugar intake that way.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Got huge respect for what Paul Hurst has done at Shrewsbury on 17:26 - May 27 with 5043 viewsgmanrom

Got huge respect for what Paul Hurst has done at Shrewsbury on 17:24 - May 27 by Kieran_Knows

I'm more moaning at Marcus that he has said we are going to see change in direction, how is this change? Maybe somewhere can give me reasons to think things will be different.

Got huge respect for what Paul Hurst has done at Shrewsbury on 17:27 - May 27 with 5022 viewsVic

Got huge respect for what Paul Hurst has done at Shrewsbury on 17:26 - May 27 by gmanrom

I'm more moaning at Marcus that he has said we are going to see change in direction, how is this change? Maybe somewhere can give me reasons to think things will be different.

Young and hungry, up and coming as opposed to tried and tested.

Got huge respect for what Paul Hurst has done at Shrewsbury on 17:29 - May 27 with 4976 viewsoldollie

Got huge respect for what Paul Hurst has done at Shrewsbury on 17:27 - May 27 by Vic

It was men against boys out there today

Struggling to see why everyone thinks he is the answer
Got huge respect for what Paul Hurst has done at Shrewsbury on 17:29 - May 27 with 4963 viewsgmanrom

Got huge respect for what Paul Hurst has done at Shrewsbury on 17:27 - May 27 by Vic

So the same as Mick but an inexperienced version, great!

Got huge respect for what Paul Hurst has done at Shrewsbury on 17:29 - May 27 with 4946 viewsKieran_Knows

Got huge respect for what Paul Hurst has done at Shrewsbury on 17:26 - May 27 by gmanrom

Like Jack Ross, he came in 18 months ago, saved Shrewsbury from relegation and turned them in to promotion hopefuls all whilst working with a small budget. It’s not all ‘fancy’foorball with Hurst, I’ll admit, but they have played well at times today, and can ‘mix’ it up.

I’ll save my opinion until December at least, but as I say, you’re entitled to your opinion as well.
[Post edited 27 May 2018 17:31]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Got huge respect for what Paul Hurst has done at Shrewsbury on 17:31 - May 27 with 4906 viewsVic

Got huge respect for what Paul Hurst has done at Shrewsbury on 17:29 - May 27 by oldollie

One game, at the end of a long hard season for Shrews. 62 games with a small squad. Maybe an empty tank. It happens.

As Herbie says elsewhere we really can’t base anything in one game.

Got huge respect for what Paul Hurst has done at Shrewsbury on 17:31 - May 27 with 4891 viewsTHAILAND_BLUE

More like tried and exhausted.
[Post edited 27 May 2018 17:32]
Got huge respect for what Paul Hurst has done at Shrewsbury on 17:34 - May 27 with 4811 viewsgmanrom

Got huge respect for what Paul Hurst has done at Shrewsbury on 17:29 - May 27 by Kieran_Knows

Like Jack Ross, he came in 18 months ago, saved Shrewsbury from relegation and turned them in to promotion hopefuls all whilst working with a small budget. It’s not all ‘fancy’foorball with Hurst, I’ll admit, but they have played well at times today, and can ‘mix’ it up.

I’ll save my opinion until December at least, but as I say, you’re entitled to your opinion as well.
[Post edited 27 May 2018 17:31]

Like I say I'm not judging Hurst far from it, just find it strange that we are saying we are looking to in a different direction especially after how our fan base has responded to the type of football that has been served up, yet we wanna go down the same type, struggling to get it that is all.

I expect it's because.... on 17:34 - May 27 with 4808 viewsBloots

Got huge respect for what Paul Hurst has done at Shrewsbury on 17:29 - May 27 by oldollie

....Shrewsbury were expected to get relegated this year and they have no money to spend.

Yet he's managed to get them to Wembley twice and within one game of the Championship.

He previously got Grimsby into the football league, having totally overhauled the squad while still spending no money.

Expect that's got something to do with it.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

I expect it's because.... on 17:36 - May 27 with 4770 viewsVic

I expect it's because.... on 17:34 - May 27 by Bloots

....Shrewsbury were expected to get relegated this year and they have no money to spend.

Yet he's managed to get them to Wembley twice and within one game of the Championship.

He previously got Grimsby into the football league, having totally overhauled the squad while still spending no money.

Expect that's got something to do with it.

From the bbc:

In a season of really special moments, it's going to take one to top them all to salvage a season.

We've had so many messages of goodwill for Shrewsbury this afternoon - whatever happens, this is the last 15 minutes for a team who have done something not only extraordinary, but bordering on the verge of miraculous.

It almost seems churlish to ask, "What more have Shrewsbury got?" But that's the question coming to them now.

They were so unlucky to miss out on automatic promotion - whatever happens, this will be the last time this group of players play together as a team and they've already made so much history.

Got huge respect for what Paul Hurst has done at Shrewsbury on 17:52 - May 27 with 4553 viewsDanFord

Got huge respect for what Paul Hurst has done at Shrewsbury on 17:31 - May 27 by Vic

One game, at the end of a long hard season for Shrews. 62 games with a small squad. Maybe an empty tank. It happens.

As Herbie says elsewhere we really can’t base anything in one game.

This lot would called for robsons Head in 81 when we missed out on the league at the death.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Got huge respect for what Paul Hurst has done at Shrewsbury on 17:55 - May 27 with 4501 viewsmuccletonjoe

What did you expect - itfc to take up basketball?
I expect it's because.... on 17:59 - May 27 with 4418 viewspointofblue

I expect it's because.... on 17:36 - May 27 by Vic

From the bbc:

In a season of really special moments, it's going to take one to top them all to salvage a season.

We've had so many messages of goodwill for Shrewsbury this afternoon - whatever happens, this is the last 15 minutes for a team who have done something not only extraordinary, but bordering on the verge of miraculous.

It almost seems churlish to ask, "What more have Shrewsbury got?" But that's the question coming to them now.

They were so unlucky to miss out on automatic promotion - whatever happens, this will be the last time this group of players play together as a team and they've already made so much history.

To be fair, isn’t this kind of phrasing from the press half of the problem. ‘Salvage the season’ makes it sounds like it’s been an absolute disaster because they failed to go up. It’s been anything but.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Got huge respect for what Paul Hurst has done at Shrewsbury on 18:05 - May 27 with 4354 viewsBryanPlug

Got huge respect for what Paul Hurst has done at Shrewsbury on 17:34 - May 27 by gmanrom

Like I say I'm not judging Hurst far from it, just find it strange that we are saying we are looking to in a different direction especially after how our fan base has responded to the type of football that has been served up, yet we wanna go down the same type, struggling to get it that is all.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

I expect it's because.... on 18:13 - May 27 with 4273 viewsNo9

I expect it's because.... on 17:36 - May 27 by Vic

From the bbc:

+ 2 shots on target in 120 minuts of football
On what was probably the clubs biggest day in years if not ever?
I expect it's because.... on 18:19 - May 27 with 4224 viewsoldollie

I expect it's because.... on 18:13 - May 27 by No9

The 2 shots in a cup final is my point really comparing to Mick

This guy will be a disaster mark my words
I expect it's because.... on 18:21 - May 27 with 4201 viewsJohnny_Boy

I expect it's because.... on 18:13 - May 27 by No9

They were terrible today. Even the most passionate of Shrew fans would agree.

Maybe it was simply just a case of a bad day in the office. It happens in football. A team just doesn't turn-up in a final.
I expect it's because.... on 18:23 - May 27 with 4182 viewspointofblue

I expect it's because.... on 18:21 - May 27 by Johnny_Boy

Maybe it was simply just a case of a bad day in the office. It happens in football. A team just doesn't turn-up in a final.

Second final in a row where this has happened. But at least they got there and look at the journey they’ve been on this season.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I expect it's because.... on 18:23 - May 27 with 4177 viewsSomethingBlue

I expect it's because.... on 18:21 - May 27 by Johnny_Boy

I've seen teams play terribly and that wasn't terrible.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

I expect it's because.... on 18:36 - May 27 with 4080 viewstractorboy1978

I expect it's because.... on 18:23 - May 27 by pointofblue

Second final in a row where this has happened. But at least they got there and look at the journey they’ve been on this season.

I thought they looked absolutely knackered almost from the first whistle and by the end a number of their players had absolutely nothing left. They looked like a small squad that needed a break. Rotherham were far fresher and had the legs. Hurst has worked absolute wonders this season, from relegation favourites to a cup final and the play off final. See Grimsby before that, Boston before that and Ilkeston before that. He's done an outstanding job everywhere he has been.
I expect it's because.... on 18:44 - May 27 with 4014 viewsJohnny_Boy

I expect it's because.... on 18:23 - May 27 by SomethingBlue

I've seen teams play terribly and that wasn't terrible.

Okay. Maybe terrible wasn't the correct word.
They looked one dimensional & thoroughly ordinary. Apart from the set piece goal, they rarely looked like scoring.
Maybe that was because Rotherham played that much better.

Whilst I'm happy to be told the Rotherham boss has got better players - he's still assembled that team & got them to perform at a final. If he's used to working with better players, surely he'd be a better match with ours?

Again, not being overtly negative to all of Hurst's managerial achievements - just today's.
Got huge respect for what Paul Hurst has done at Shrewsbury on 18:48 - May 27 with 3987 viewsHerbivore

Got huge respect for what Paul Hurst has done at Shrewsbury on 18:05 - May 27 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Shrewsbury usually do play it out from the back much more effectively than they did today. Today just looked a game too far for them.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024