Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hurst 18:48 - May 27 with 5463 viewspistonbroke

Maybe it’s just me , but I did not see a plan b or plan c
Hurst on 18:50 - May 27 with 4817 viewsHerbivore

Apart from when he went to two up front and they promptly equalised you're absolutely right.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Hurst on 18:51 - May 27 with 4792 viewspistonbroke

Hurst on 18:50 - May 27 by Herbivore

Apart from when he went to two up front and they promptly equalised you're absolutely right.

And there was me thinking they scored from a set piece
Hurst on 18:52 - May 27 with 4782 viewsFrimleyBlue

Hurst on 18:51 - May 27 by pistonbroke

Sssssh

Hurst is great.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Hurst on 18:52 - May 27 with 4781 viewswkj

Do set peice goals not count? I know penalties don't count

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Hurst on 18:54 - May 27 with 4766 viewspistonbroke

Hurst on 18:52 - May 27 by wkj

Do set peice goals not count? I know penalties don't count

Hardly a plan b or plan c
Hurst on 18:56 - May 27 with 4743 viewswkj

Hurst on 18:54 - May 27 by pistonbroke

a better plan B than bringing on a defensive midfielder for an AMC when 1-0 down though

Crybaby

Hurst on 18:56 - May 27 with 4746 viewsHerbivore

That change coincided with their equaliser and with their best 10-15 minutes of the game until Morris had to go off and his replacement was useless. The goal coming from a set piece isn't really relevant, both of Rotherham's goals also came from set pieces.

Hurst on 18:59 - May 27 with 4717 viewsJ4ck22

Hurst on 18:54 - May 27 by pistonbroke

What were you expecting?
Login to get fewer ads

Hurst on 19:01 - May 27 with 4701 viewspistonbroke

Hurst on 18:56 - May 27 by Herbivore

That change coincided with their equaliser and with their best 10-15 minutes of the game until Morris had to go off and his replacement was useless. The goal coming from a set piece isn't really relevant, both of Rotherham's goals also came from set pieces.

It’s all about opinions herbivore , to me I did not see anything from hurst that made me think yeah this guy is good if it ain’t working he will change things , to me he was like a stuffed mummy on the side lines , not shouting at his players , not making them try different things , to me it was all type cast , maybe you see it different , just my opinion
Hurst on 19:03 - May 27 with 4684 viewsHerbivore

Hurst on 19:01 - May 27 by pistonbroke

It’s all about opinions herbivore , to me I did not see anything from hurst that made me think yeah this guy is good if it ain’t working he will change things , to me he was like a stuffed mummy on the side lines , not shouting at his players , not making them try different things , to me it was all type cast , maybe you see it different , just my opinion

Yeah, we saw it differently. I saw him bring on a second striker and get an equaliser and some momentum that was stopped by an injury to their main striker. Think you missed that by the sounds of it.

Hurst on 19:05 - May 27 with 4669 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Hurst on 18:56 - May 27 by wkj

a better plan B than bringing on a defensive midfielder for an AMC when 1-0 down though

Like it’s that simple. Maybe sometimes in your pressing or counter-pressing that is what’s required.

How well did Shrewsbury press and control the midfield today by the way?
Hurst on 19:05 - May 27 with 4663 viewspointofblue

Hurst on 19:03 - May 27 by Herbivore

Yeah, we saw it differently. I saw him bring on a second striker and get an equaliser and some momentum that was stopped by an injury to their main striker. Think you missed that by the sounds of it.

I saw the same as you - Hurst switched things up; they got back in the game and equalised and it seemed to be far more even than before. Then Morris had to go off, his replacement was awful and Rotherham got the upper hand once again.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Hurst on 19:06 - May 27 with 4656 viewswkj

Hurst on 19:05 - May 27 by FrowsyArmLarry

Like it’s that simple. Maybe sometimes in your pressing or counter-pressing that is what’s required.

How well did Shrewsbury press and control the midfield today by the way?

Im sorry, I was busy gatecrashing a party

Crybaby

Hurst on 19:06 - May 27 with 4659 viewspistonbroke

Hurst on 19:03 - May 27 by Herbivore

Not really their game plan was the same in my opinion , play it out of defence till about 10 yards from the half way line , then launch it forward , just my observation
Hurst on 19:07 - May 27 with 4647 viewsHerbivore

Hurst on 19:05 - May 27 by pointofblue

I saw the same as you - Hurst switched things up; they got back in the game and equalised and it seemed to be far more even than before. Then Morris had to go off, his replacement was awful and Rotherham got the upper hand once again.

That's basically the size of it. He made adjustments in both games against Charlton too after Charlton started better than them. He's clearly very astute tactically and able to make adjustments mid game.

Hurst on 19:08 - May 27 with 4648 viewswkj

Hurst on 19:06 - May 27 by pistonbroke

Not really their game plan was the same in my opinion , play it out of defence till about 10 yards from the half way line , then launch it forward , just my observation

a slight improvement is still and improvement, will be nice seeing Skuse take on he role of ICBM over the back 4

Crybaby

Hurst on 19:08 - May 27 with 4644 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Hurst on 19:06 - May 27 by wkj

Im sorry, I was busy gatecrashing a party

Well you were on here the other day blubbing about not having any friends ;-)
Hurst on 19:09 - May 27 with 4632 viewswkj

Hurst on 19:08 - May 27 by FrowsyArmLarry

Well you were on here the other day blubbing about not having any friends ;-)

Why do you think I was gate crashing

Crybaby

Hurst on 19:27 - May 27 with 4566 viewsm14_blue

Hurst on 19:01 - May 27 by pistonbroke

Did Klopp have a plan B last night? Did Pep when they got spanked by Liverpool? Does that mean they're not good managers?

Or does it mean that it's ridiculous to judge a manager's tactical ability on one high profile game? This isn't championship manager, you can't change the course of a game simply by pressing a button and going to 'Plan B'.

It's amazing how many people have taken against Hurst, seemingly on the back of him losing a play off final that he'd worked miracles getting to in the first place.

He might be good, he might not but lots of people seem to think he's not glamorous enough for us, basically because he's not as suave as Ross.
Hurst on 20:05 - May 27 with 4467 viewsBasingstokeBlue

And whining that teams should have more subs, just because it's a sunny day? What are we letting ourselves in for?

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Hurst on 20:15 - May 27 with 4429 viewspointofblue

Hurst on 20:05 - May 27 by BasingstokeBlue

And whining that teams should have more subs, just because it's a sunny day? What are we letting ourselves in for?

Think he was actually saying teams should have extra subs if a match goes into extra time.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Hurst on 21:07 - May 27 with 4366 viewspistonbroke

Hurst on 19:27 - May 27 by m14_blue

Did Klopp have a plan B last night? Did Pep when they got spanked by Liverpool? Does that mean they're not good managers?

Or does it mean that it's ridiculous to judge a manager's tactical ability on one high profile game? This isn't championship manager, you can't change the course of a game simply by pressing a button and going to 'Plan B'.

It's amazing how many people have taken against Hurst, seemingly on the back of him losing a play off final that he'd worked miracles getting to in the first place.

He might be good, he might not but lots of people seem to think he's not glamorous enough for us, basically because he's not as suave as Ross.

No for me it's a case of if something is not working then you try something else
Hurst on 21:20 - May 27 with 4324 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Hurst on 20:15 - May 27 by pointofblue

Think he was actually saying teams should have extra subs if a match goes into extra time.

They trialled that in the league cup didn't they?

I would imagine it will soon be rolled out.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Hurst on 22:40 - May 27 with 4181 viewsHerbivore

Hurst on 21:07 - May 27 by pistonbroke

No for me it's a case of if something is not working then you try something else

Like when he brought on a second striker and they equalised, for example.

Hurst on 23:14 - May 27 with 4109 viewsGodzilla

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024