Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ 07:40 - May 29 with 6073 viewstractorboy7777

Some very interesting comments on this football forum. Sounds a lot like another McCarthy type...

We may rue not offering the job to Ross but worth giving this guy a go.

https://www.onefootballforum.co.uk/index.php?threads/paul-hurst-next-ipswich-tow

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ on 07:51 - May 29 with 4584 viewsSomethingBlue

"Plays his favourites" is up there with "average at best" as a phrase used by people who can't actually analyse what they are seeing.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ on 07:55 - May 29 with 4536 viewsSaigonTractor

This lad is commenting on one season of football at Grimbsy like its what happens every time.

Plus it's probable he's adapted as a manager during his time at Shrewsbury
‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ on 07:56 - May 29 with 4529 viewsDanTheMan

‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ on 07:51 - May 29 by SomethingBlue

"Plays his favourites" is up there with "average at best" as a phrase used by people who can't actually analyse what they are seeing.

It's about the most lazy criticism I can think of.

Another is "square pegs in round holes". I think, towards the end of their reign, that has been thrown at every manager I can remember us having.

I remember when Mick came everyone was amazingly happy about how he played everyone in the right position! Fast forward a few years and it's back to the same.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ on 08:00 - May 29 with 4485 viewsBloomBlue

One of the biggest complaints of non Ipwich fans about Sir Bob when he was England manager was he always played his favourites and he got lucky when injuries forced him to use other players instead of his favs. Managers all over the world will prefer certain players
‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ on 08:04 - May 29 with 4449 viewsSteve_M

‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ on 07:51 - May 29 by SomethingBlue

I'm thinking that "No Plan B" should be added to that list.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ on 08:11 - May 29 with 4377 viewsDubtractor

‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ on 07:56 - May 29 by DanTheMan

Another is "square pegs in round holes". I think, towards the end of their reign, that has been thrown at every manager I can remember us having.

I remember when Mick came everyone was amazingly happy about how he played everyone in the right position! Fast forward a few years and it's back to the same.

Alongside "lost the dressing room" on the basis of no evidence whatsoever.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ on 08:20 - May 29 with 4304 viewsKieran_Knows

Oh give over you massive wet wipe.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ on 08:32 - May 29 with 4208 viewsFrimleyBlue

‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ on 07:56 - May 29 by DanTheMan

Not the fans fault if the manager changes tact is it.

When mick first came in. He was refreshing. Carlos isn a RB etc

We ended up with Chambers RB. Sears on flanks etc

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ on 08:33 - May 29 with 4184 viewsDanTheMan

‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ on 08:32 - May 29 by FrimleyBlue

Or he just didn't think Carlos made a good RB when another manager did. Sears has been played on the flank by multiple managers.

You can apply it to every manager we've had. I bet if the search went back far enough you can find people complaining that Burley was playing people in the wrong position.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ on 08:36 - May 29 with 4160 viewsFrimleyBlue

‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ on 08:33 - May 29 by DanTheMan

Or he just didn't think Carlos made a good RB when another manager did. Sears has been played on the flank by multiple managers.

You can apply it to every manager we've had. I bet if the search went back far enough you can find people complaining that Burley was playing people in the wrong position.

Burley could use a GK as a lb and hed still have made it work :)

Until grimsby ;)

Waka waka eh eh

‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ on 08:41 - May 29 with 4127 viewssolemio

‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ on 08:33 - May 29 by DanTheMan

Carlos was equally good as an overlapping full back and as a right mid cum winger at Luton.
He was younger then, mind.

Why on earth are we discussing Carlos Edwards?
‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ on 08:49 - May 29 with 4077 viewsJimmyJazz

Anyone know if anyone else has been interested in Hurst? Are we the only suitors above League 1?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ on 08:52 - May 29 with 4049 viewsHerbivore

‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ on 08:32 - May 29 by FrimleyBlue

Chambers had played right back and Sears had played wide at their previous clubs too.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ on 08:53 - May 29 with 4037 viewsblueislander

"Tact" ?
‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ on 08:54 - May 29 with 4021 viewssolemio

‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ on 08:53 - May 29 by blueislander

"Tact" ?

Tactics or tack?
‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ on 08:57 - May 29 with 3998 viewsblueislander

Over the past few hours I think we have seen every possible negative aspect of Hurst's appointment mentioned on here. I assume that an awful lot of people are hoping that his appointment does not go through?
‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ on 11:37 - May 29 with 3760 viewsNo9

That thread fro One football forum has done nothign to change my earlier views that we are going to get a younger MM
I have to hope I'm wrong
‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ on 11:48 - May 29 with 3705 viewsRyorry

So you're saying MM should have acquired some tact?

^strokes chin^

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ on 11:49 - May 29 with 3693 viewstextbackup

If his favourites don’t include Johnny Douglas he can call me what he likes

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ on 11:51 - May 29 with 3671 viewsNo9

‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ on 11:49 - May 29 by textbackup

If his favourites don’t include Johnny Douglas he can call me what he likes

He is reported as wanting to re-hire budgie loans for next season
That could be fun
‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ on 11:58 - May 29 with 3628 viewsRyorry

The value of their comments may be gauged by this priceless one from "Craig - Well-Known Member"

"Yesterday at 11:11 PM#2
Ipswich Town, elephant graveyard of managers. RIP Paul Hurst."

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ on 11:58 - May 29 with 3625 viewsPhilTWTD

'Favourites' or alternatively, who the manager in question believes are his best and/or most reliable players.
‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ on 12:00 - May 29 with 3597 viewsFrimleyBlue

‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ on 11:58 - May 29 by PhilTWTD

'Favourites' or alternatively, who the manager in question believes are his best and/or most reliable players.

erm Douglas

Waka waka eh eh

‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ on 12:01 - May 29 with 3584 viewsPhilTWTD

‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ on 12:00 - May 29 by FrimleyBlue

erm Douglas

MM felt he was the best he had to do the job he wanted him to do. Had Hyam been fit I'm sure he would have started ahead of him for most of that season.
‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ on 12:04 - May 29 with 3548 viewsFrimleyBlue

‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ on 12:01 - May 29 by PhilTWTD

MM felt he was the best he had to do the job he wanted him to do. Had Hyam been fit I'm sure he would have started ahead of him for most of that season.

neither makes great reading Phillip

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024