Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shrewsbury owner - ‘Paul’s Agent Approached not Ipswich’ ‘Chris Doig goi 08:12 - May 29 with 3519 viewstractorboy7777

Very much sounds like we have done to Shrewsbury what Sunderland did to St Mirren

He said the Agent seemed to know Doig was in the deal before Shrewsbury did too

The owners resigned to a done deal

Source - BBC Radio Shropshire
[Post edited 29 May 2018 8:13]

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

Shrewsbury owner - ‘Paul’s Agent Approached not Ipswich’ ‘Chris Doig goi on 08:27 - May 29 with 3349 viewsitfcjoe

I hope all those people who said they don't like Jack Ross' character for speaking to Sunderland are consistent with their opinions....!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Shrewsbury owner - ‘Paul’s Agent Approached not Ipswich’ ‘Chris Doig goi on 08:30 - May 29 with 3296 viewsDanFord

Shrewsbury owner - ‘Paul’s Agent Approached not Ipswich’ ‘Chris Doig goi on 08:27 - May 29 by itfcjoe

I hope all those people who said they don't like Jack Ross' character for speaking to Sunderland are consistent with their opinions....!

I’d have been disappointed in us passing up Ross if we weren’t sure we’d get Hurst. It’s not right but sadly it’s nevessary when other clubs are doing it. Besides. We are the poster boys for FFP and look where that’s got us. Don’t blame Evans for playing the game because if we don’t someone else would and face no punishment and we’d end up with Holloway or similar lol.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Shrewsbury owner - ‘Paul’s Agent Approached not Ipswich’ ‘Chris Doig goi on 08:31 - May 29 with 3262 viewsITFCBlues

Shrewsbury owner - ‘Paul’s Agent Approached not Ipswich’ ‘Chris Doig goi on 08:27 - May 29 by itfcjoe

I dunno, but it certainly makes all your blubbing look rather silly last week now about JR. “We’ve waited too long for him”. “Football doesn’t just stand around” etc etc

When all along Hurst appears to have been first choice and was already approached and basically agreed...
[Post edited 29 May 2018 8:45]

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Shrewsbury owner - ‘Paul’s Agent Approached not Ipswich’ ‘Chris Doig goi on 08:59 - May 29 with 3083 viewsitfcjoe

Shrewsbury owner - ‘Paul’s Agent Approached not Ipswich’ ‘Chris Doig goi on 08:30 - May 29 by DanFord

I’d have been disappointed in us passing up Ross if we weren’t sure we’d get Hurst. It’s not right but sadly it’s nevessary when other clubs are doing it. Besides. We are the poster boys for FFP and look where that’s got us. Don’t blame Evans for playing the game because if we don’t someone else would and face no punishment and we’d end up with Holloway or similar lol.

I don't blame us either - it needs to happen.

Was just surprised how naive or pious some were over Ross and Sunderland. "We wouldn't want him here if that is how he conducts his business", when the reality was we'd be doing the same to a manager in the build up to the play off final!

Shrewsbury owner - ‘Paul’s Agent Approached not Ipswich’ ‘Chris Doig goi on 09:02 - May 29 with 3029 viewspointofblue

Shrewsbury owner - ‘Paul’s Agent Approached not Ipswich’ ‘Chris Doig goi on 08:59 - May 29 by itfcjoe

I don't blame us either - it needs to happen.

Was just surprised how naive or pious some were over Ross and Sunderland. "We wouldn't want him here if that is how he conducts his business", when the reality was we'd be doing the same to a manager in the build up to the play off final!

I was hoping we’d show a bit more class than that, at least it keeping Shrewsbury in the loop which had been suggested, but I guess I’m just very naive about how football works nowadays.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Shrewsbury owner - ‘Paul’s Agent Approached not Ipswich’ ‘Chris Doig goi on 09:07 - May 29 with 2999 viewsfloridaboy

Shrewsbury owner - ‘Paul’s Agent Approached not Ipswich’ ‘Chris Doig goi on 09:02 - May 29 by pointofblue

I was hoping we’d show a bit more class than that, at least it keeping Shrewsbury in the loop which had been suggested, but I guess I’m just very naive about how football works nowadays.

For all we know this could have been done and dusted well before the game on Sunday. Hurst may well have agreed to come here many weeks ago but wanted to see out the season.

At the end of the day we will never know. As far as Ross goes all we know is that he got an interview. It was many on here who assumed he was the man. There was nothing coming from ME or the club. Just pure speculation!
Shrewsbury owner - ‘Paul’s Agent Approached not Ipswich’ ‘Chris Doig goi on 09:10 - May 29 with 2975 viewshowdonblue

Why are we surprised in modern day football!
Plus Evans has offices in Dubai.

Maybe our new boss is having his interview there ⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️
Shrewsbury owner - ‘Paul’s Agent Approached not Ipswich’ ‘Chris Doig goi on 09:49 - May 29 with 2752 viewsitfcjoe

Shrewsbury owner - ‘Paul’s Agent Approached not Ipswich’ ‘Chris Doig goi on 08:31 - May 29 by ITFCBlues

I dunno, but it certainly makes all your blubbing look rather silly last week now about JR. “We’ve waited too long for him”. “Football doesn’t just stand around” etc etc

When all along Hurst appears to have been first choice and was already approached and basically agreed...
[Post edited 29 May 2018 8:45]

Again, all I've heard was it was a 2 horse race which Ross had edged ahead of. We were yet to speak to Hurst and wanted to before any appointment.

This doesn't change anything - we were blindsided by Sunderland.

We may have picked Hurst anyway, who knows?

Login to get fewer ads

Shrewsbury owner - ‘Paul’s Agent Approached not Ipswich’ ‘Chris Doig goi on 12:22 - May 29 with 2605 viewsHennikerBlu

You make a fair point. I do think Ross should have deflected our interest instead of talking publicly, to me he used that to encourage Sunderland to go firm, hence the 'lucrative offers' comment.

Personally I would like all recruitment matters to be conducted properly, but with Hurst off on Hols, another 2-3 weeks before a decision could be made, probably put ME between a rock and a hard place, so I think this was who he wanted from the start and much of the negotiating was done in advance.
Shrewsbury owner - ‘Paul’s Agent Approached not Ipswich’ ‘Chris Doig goi on 12:36 - May 29 with 2510 viewsPhilTWTD

Shrewsbury owner - ‘Paul’s Agent Approached not Ipswich’ ‘Chris Doig goi on 09:49 - May 29 by itfcjoe

Again, all I've heard was it was a 2 horse race which Ross had edged ahead of. We were yet to speak to Hurst and wanted to before any appointment.

This doesn't change anything - we were blindsided by Sunderland.

We may have picked Hurst anyway, who knows?

For what it's worth, that is consistent with what I heard, and reported. Ross had impressed in the interview process and had appeared to have nudged into the lead with the pair the two candidates from about two weeks ago.

ME, who very evidently had been given the nod that Hurst was up for coming here, clearly wanted to be in a position where he had two candidates vying for the role so he could talk terms with them from a position of relative power once formal (word I've typed a lot re Hurst in recent weeks) talks took place post-play-offs.

As things turned out, Hurst was the last man standing once Ross's move to Sunderland - which neither Town (and it'll be no surprise to learn it was a Town-related source which suggested to me the Sunderland link was agent talk to hurry ME up rather than something more tangible) nor St Mirren knew about - had happened.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Shrewsbury owner - ‘Paul’s Agent Approached not Ipswich’ ‘Chris Doig goi on 13:44 - May 29 with 2364 viewsNo9

Shrewsbury owner - ‘Paul’s Agent Approached not Ipswich’ ‘Chris Doig goi on 09:10 - May 29 by howdonblue

Why are we surprised in modern day football!
Plus Evans has offices in Dubai.

Maybe our new boss is having his interview there ⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

Or, maybe he laid on a suit at one of the hotels for holiday P&Q?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024