Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Appreciation for Marcus Evans 10:10 - May 29 with 9587 viewsBluefish

I'm sure you all agree that ME has massively surpassed expectation. He came across well in the interview and this process and selection shows him to be more in tune than anyone expected.

Well done Marcus

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Appreciation for Marcus Evans on 10:13 - May 29 with 3507 viewswkj

is this your new gimmick for the season? :P
[Post edited 29 May 2018 11:36]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Appreciation for Marcus Evans on 10:13 - May 29 with 3503 viewsFrimleyBlue

Not quite, coz for me he's still chosen the wrong guy

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Appreciation for Marcus Evans on 10:22 - May 29 with 3441 viewsBluefish

Appreciation for Marcus Evans on 10:13 - May 29 by FrimleyBlue

Not quite, coz for me he's still chosen the wrong guy

Who should it be?

Appreciation for Marcus Evans on 10:23 - May 29 with 3432 viewsFrimleyBlue

Appreciation for Marcus Evans on 10:22 - May 29 by Bluefish

Who should it be?

Ross

An exciting young manager who would have excited the fans and effected season ticket sales etc

imo

Waka waka eh eh

Appreciation for Marcus Evans on 10:25 - May 29 with 3413 viewsSuperfrans

Appreciation for Marcus Evans on 10:23 - May 29 by FrimleyBlue

Ross

An exciting young manager who would have excited the fans and effected season ticket sales etc

imo

He's only three years younger than Hurst. How young does our manager need to be, to be "young"?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Appreciation for Marcus Evans on 10:26 - May 29 with 3404 viewsLord_Lucan

I appreciate Marcus Evans and I also appreciate that Hurst was very much on his radar and that he closed the deal on him.

He still dropped a clanger with the Ross thing though, you can sugar coat it as much as you like.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Appreciation for Marcus Evans on 10:29 - May 29 with 3367 viewsBluefish

Appreciation for Marcus Evans on 10:23 - May 29 by FrimleyBlue

Ross

imo

About the same age but Hurst has more games, a better win rate and has managed in the same country.

Ross was a good choice but Hurst is a better one

Appreciation for Marcus Evans on 10:30 - May 29 with 3355 viewsFrimleyBlue

Appreciation for Marcus Evans on 10:25 - May 29 by Superfrans

He's only three years younger than Hurst. How young does our manager need to be, to be "young"?

What's the age gap got to do with anything?

I'm talking about exciting

Put it this way

I'm in Surrey, had a season ticket for over 18 years. But costs makes me not bother to get to Ipswich for games.

Now when Ross was linked, part of me was like hmm, actually might get down a few of these as I felt abit of excitement again by a potential manager

I have none of those feelings about Hurst
[Post edited 29 May 2018 10:32]

Waka waka eh eh

Login to get fewer ads

Appreciation for Marcus Evans on 10:33 - May 29 with 3336 viewsBluefish

Appreciation for Marcus Evans on 10:30 - May 29 by FrimleyBlue

Put it this way

I'm in Surrey, had a season ticket for over 18 years. But costs makes me not bother to get to Ipswich for games.

Now when Ross was linked, part of me was like hmm, actually might get down a few of these as I felt abit of excitement again by a potential manager

Just a hunch but I'm guessing because you specically mentioned young as part of your disappointment

Appreciation for Marcus Evans on 10:34 - May 29 with 3320 viewsFrimleyBlue

Appreciation for Marcus Evans on 10:33 - May 29 by Bluefish

Just a hunch but I'm guessing because you specically mentioned young as part of your disappointment

Not really, I just described him

If I was describing hurst it would have been a young manager who imo doesn't give meet the 'something different' Evans eluded too.

Waka waka eh eh

Appreciation for Marcus Evans on 10:35 - May 29 with 3306 viewsBluefish

Put it this way

Sorry is it cost or excitement that stops you going to games? I assumed it was more likely to be due to being the chairman of a different club?

Appreciation for Marcus Evans on 10:38 - May 29 with 3267 viewsFrimleyBlue

Appreciation for Marcus Evans on 10:35 - May 29 by Bluefish

Sorry is it cost or excitement that stops you going to games? I assumed it was more likely to be due to being the chairman of a different club?

Being chair I can choose if I attend fixtures, perks of the job lol

Cost stops me as I was certainly not wasting money on the sht Mick served up. And until I'm proven wrong on Hurst no chance am I parting with it under him either

If I were still living in the town i'd prob go a lot, afterall you support your local club. But no chance am I spending over £200 a time, 4 hour journeys to watch defensive football.

Waka waka eh eh

Appreciation for Marcus Evans on 10:39 - May 29 with 3265 viewsJ2BLUE

Appreciation for Marcus Evans on 10:26 - May 29 by Lord_Lucan

I appreciate Marcus Evans and I also appreciate that Hurst was very much on his radar and that he closed the deal on him.

He still dropped a clanger with the Ross thing though, you can sugar coat it as much as you like.

I don't think he did. I'm disappointed we didn't get Ross but Hurst is a brilliant choice. It's clear Evans was waiting for Hurst no matter what. By all accounts Ross wanted to come here so when Evans didn't act when he was strongly linked with Sunderland it showed us what the plan was. All our eggs were in one basket but he has seemingly pulled it off and got target number one.

Fair play.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Appreciation for Marcus Evans on 10:39 - May 29 with 3252 viewsBluefish

Appreciation for Marcus Evans on 10:38 - May 29 by FrimleyBlue

Being chair I can choose if I attend fixtures, perks of the job lol

Cost stops me as I was certainly not wasting money on the sht Mick served up. And until I'm proven wrong on Hurst no chance am I parting with it under him either

If I were still living in the town i'd prob go a lot, afterall you support your local club. But no chance am I spending over £200 a time, 4 hour journeys to watch defensive football.

You don't have to go every week I go to a lot more away than I do at home. It is just odd that you choose to be so negative all the time.

Appreciation for Marcus Evans on 10:40 - May 29 with 3238 viewsITFCBlues

Can you explain?

I think Hurst was always one of if not the leading candidate for the job all along.

I actually think he’s an excellent appointment. You my manager with a history of working to a budget & doing well. By all accounts players enjoy playing for him as well. Not an all out attacking manager but certainly less pragmatic than Mick!

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Appreciation for Marcus Evans on 10:41 - May 29 with 3235 viewsSuperfrans

Put it this way

You said "young exciting" manager. He's 3 years older than Ross.

He's also the current league one manager of the season (ahead of Paul Cook, Tony Mowbray etc). His team got 87 points last season, despite being one of the smallest clubs in the division. The Shrews fans seem to adore him.

I'm excited by all of that. Above all, I'm excited by a new era, a chance to reset everything and start afresh.

I'm in London, I've had a season ticket for 25 years. I totally understand the issue re. costs and inconvenience. I've often asked myself why I'm climbing onto another rail replacement bus for another 4-5 hour round trip to Suffolk.

Hopefully, you'll feel more enthused about things when the new manager is in place and doing his business.

Appreciation for Marcus Evans on 10:42 - May 29 with 3233 viewsBluefish

Ross was quite exciting because it was different. Hurst is better and probably league 1 manager of the year is the best we could have dreamed of

Appreciation for Marcus Evans on 10:43 - May 29 with 3217 viewsbluewein

Put it this way

I'm not sure which part people can't get excited about with regards to a young manager who :-

1) Has progressed through the leagues in such a short time

2) Has 3 promotions to his name

3) Came within 90 minutes (120 if being pedantic) of taking up a club favourites for relegation with no money, having nearly squeezed 1 of the 2 biggest teams in League 1 out of automatic promotion.

I live in the same area as you and the thought of getting an ST for this season has seriously come up for consideration now.

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Appreciation for Marcus Evans on 10:44 - May 29 with 3202 viewsFrimleyBlue

Appreciation for Marcus Evans on 10:39 - May 29 by Bluefish

You don't have to go every week I go to a lot more away than I do at home. It is just odd that you choose to be so negative all the time.

Not negative. realistic

I appreciated there will be plenty of fans happy with the choice of manager

But likewise, there will be many like me, and potentially thousands like me who are desperate to watch the blues but likewise don't want to waste money on watching negative football.

I don't believe in just going to away games, putting money into other clubs, its Portman Road that needs the cash, but sadly, whilst many will be happy with Hurst, the missing thousands aren't going to be attracted back by his appointment.

Waka waka eh eh

Appreciation for Marcus Evans on 10:44 - May 29 with 3205 viewsLord_Lucan

Appreciation for Marcus Evans on 10:42 - May 29 by Bluefish

Ross was quite exciting because it was different. Hurst is better and probably league 1 manager of the year is the best we could have dreamed of

Maybe - I suppose it will all come out in the wash.

That wasn't yours, or my point though.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I genuinely think you.... on 10:44 - May 29 with 3192 viewsBloots

....fancy him.

You're behaving like a lovelorn teenage girl.

Get a grip man.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Appreciation for Marcus Evans on 10:46 - May 29 with 3175 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

"Dropped a Clanger.."

How so? It seems even more obvious now that Hurst has always been 1st choice and Ross was interviewed as part of the process and exploring other options. We didn't want him, we didn't offer him the job.. He took another job, how is that "dropping a clanger" particularly when it looks like we're about to appoint the 1st choice option anyway
Appreciation for Marcus Evans on 10:47 - May 29 with 3170 viewsBluefish

Appreciation for Marcus Evans on 10:44 - May 29 by FrimleyBlue

Not negative. realistic

I appreciated there will be plenty of fans happy with the choice of manager

But likewise, there will be many like me, and potentially thousands like me who are desperate to watch the blues but likewise don't want to waste money on watching negative football.

I don't believe in just going to away games, putting money into other clubs, its Portman Road that needs the cash, but sadly, whilst many will be happy with Hurst, the missing thousands aren't going to be attracted back by his appointment.

Utter horsesh*t

Appreciation for Marcus Evans on 10:47 - May 29 with 3163 viewsSuperfrans

I'd say the opposite, to be fair.

What now seems clear (as we were all hoping last week) is that Hurst was always our number 1 choice, the timeframe was always about his availability, post-play-offs - and that we had sussed out his likely availabilty and willingness to come to us with his agent through this past few weeks.

Ross was always our number 2 choice, but we were never going to offer him the job unless we had a knock back from Hurst. For all we know, we pressed Hurst's agent after seeing Ross to let them know that we had another option who we were keen on, to force them to make a decision (assuming we hadn't already had confirmation at that point).

I can see that some people might have been seduced by Ross. But we didn't interview him. We haven't spent time talking to both managers, to enable us to reach a conclusion.

From where I'm sitting, if we land Hurst in the next few days, Evans has played a blinder.

Appreciation for Marcus Evans on 10:50 - May 29 with 3137 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Put it this way

Surely if we're winning games and playing alright then you would get "those feelings"

This type of talk is all hypothetical in May and views will change like the wind if we get off to a decent start.. The same way you would have lost enthusiasm if we got off to a stinker had we appointed Ross.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024