Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm enjoying reading Hurst's comments 08:42 - May 31 with 2794 viewsitfcjoe

And seeing him refer tot he club as 'us' and 'we' and that he genuinely seems honoured to be working at this level at a club as great as this one is.

We are the biggest job of his career, the biggest club he has ever been employed by as manager and player - we are currently his pinnacle and the same can't be said for any of the last 3 managers regardless of how their job went.

COYB

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I'm enjoying reading Hurst's comments on 08:53 - May 31 with 2729 viewstrncbluearmy

I imagine him on the beach looking/salivating at our potential midfield and thinking "We are going up!"
I'm enjoying reading Hurst's comments on 09:17 - May 31 with 2666 viewstextbackup

Exactly this, whatever it is you are attached to you need to feel like it’s special, and you are punching above your weight (much like when the missus found me)
He will be gagging to succeed he, and I genuinely don’t care that we could become a stepping stone for him in getting to the next stage... as long as he leaves us once we are up, and settled in the prem!

Feels very Ipswichy getting him in... he must look at the squad and be really excited at what he could do with them boys.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I'm enjoying reading Hurst's comments on 09:25 - May 31 with 2629 viewsitfcjoe

I'm enjoying reading Hurst's comments on 09:17 - May 31 by textbackup

Exactly this, whatever it is you are attached to you need to feel like it’s special, and you are punching above your weight (much like when the missus found me)
He will be gagging to succeed he, and I genuinely don’t care that we could become a stepping stone for him in getting to the next stage... as long as he leaves us once we are up, and settled in the prem!

Feels very Ipswichy getting him in... he must look at the squad and be really excited at what he could do with them boys.

Every club is a stepping stone, and that doesn't really bother me - but when people have tasted the highs and are dropping down I just don't see the same desire.

Mick has been a PL manager for a while, and managed his country in the World Cup - it must be demoralising to turn up for a press conference and see Phil Ham and Stuart Watson sitting there with Brennar Wooley shoveing his iPhone in your face.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I'm enjoying reading Hurst's comments on 11:21 - May 31 with 2491 viewsBackToRussia

Think this is by far ME's best and most considered appointment. It makes sense on every level, if this doesn't work out no one can really blame him IMO. He does need to back Hurst though with what he asks for.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

I'm enjoying reading Hurst's comments on 13:34 - May 31 with 2332 viewsHoofballFanboy

I'm enjoying reading Hurst's comments on 09:25 - May 31 by itfcjoe

Every club is a stepping stone, and that doesn't really bother me - but when people have tasted the highs and are dropping down I just don't see the same desire.

Mick has been a PL manager for a while, and managed his country in the World Cup - it must be demoralising to turn up for a press conference and see Phil Ham and Stuart Watson sitting there with Brennar Wooley shoveing his iPhone in your face.

LOL
I'm enjoying reading Hurst's comments on 13:34 - May 31 with 2329 viewswallyvincent

I'm enjoying reading Hurst's comments on 11:21 - May 31 by BackToRussia

Think this is by far ME's best and most considered appointment. It makes sense on every level, if this doesn't work out no one can really blame him IMO. He does need to back Hurst though with what he asks for.

Totally agree and hope everyone can get behind Hurst and show him he’s got us onside, especially if things don’t go our way to start with.

“....he’s a young tearaway by the name of Wally Vincent” - DCI Frank Haskins, Metropolitan Police Flying Squad 1975

I'm enjoying reading Hurst's comments on 13:42 - May 31 with 2300 viewsBluebell

When old players are talking, even ones who went on to play for other clubs, still talk about 'us' and 'we' I get quite emotional.

Especially the ones who still live local to Ipswich (like Mick Mills and Matt Holland to name a couple) and they still have that affinity with the club.

Hopefully Hurst will have the same man management skills that Mick had and the players will play their socks off for him.
I'm enjoying reading Hurst's comments on 13:45 - May 31 with 2293 viewsDanFord

A Liverpool supporting mate was saying we are just a stepping stone for Hurst and found it all quite funny. I asked him how Suarez and Coutinho were doing at Liverpool.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Login to get fewer ads

I'm enjoying reading Hurst's comments on 18:45 - May 31 with 2035 viewsMattSTFC

He uses 'us' instead of 'our', it's a Yorkshire thing. For example, we kept us shape well, you'll get used to that.
I'm enjoying reading Hurst's comments on 19:06 - May 31 with 1976 viewsReuser_is_God

Agreed, he’s the definition of what an Ipswich manager should be.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I'm enjoying reading Hurst's comments on 19:09 - May 31 with 1963 viewsReuser_is_God

Did Mick take his country to the World Cup? He’s never mentioned it.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024