Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Hurst - 4 3 3 12:39 - May 31 with 3386 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So what will this look like for us?

Bart

Knudsen
Webster
Chambers
Emmanuel / Cotter

Huws
Skuse
Nydam

Dozzell
Garner
Waghorn

Have to say, Ive never seen Dozzell play, so am not sure of his favoured position.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Paul Hurst - 4 3 3 on 12:47 - May 31 with 3334 viewsJohnny_Boy

His favoured position is on the treatment table.

BANTZ

The back 5 pretty much pick themselves, which is a great problem for Hurst to have.
I'm just unsure with that midfield.
[Post edited 31 May 2018 12:50]
Paul Hurst - 4 3 3 on 12:52 - May 31 with 3308 viewsHalf_Idiot

From what I saw in the first half of the Birmingham game, playing as deep lying playmaker suits him best
Paul Hurst - 4 3 3 on 13:13 - May 31 with 3254 viewsBrianTablet

That looks a pretty line up, barring Knudsen and Chambers, I'd say.
Both too prone to lapses of concentration/poor positioning.
I think we need to add an experienced central defender as first purchase.
Someone who reads the game well and is calm on the ball.
Hell, in recent times, we haven't even had someone calm enough to pass to Skuse.

There are goals in the team, so needs to be matched to attacking approach.
Will finish 8th, but will be an entertaining season. :-)
[Post edited 31 May 2018 13:14]

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Paul Hurst - 4 3 3 on 13:15 - May 31 with 3238 viewswkj

I thought hurst was supposed to prefer traditional wingers?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Paul Hurst - 4 3 3 on 13:16 - May 31 with 3224 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Paul Hurst - 4 3 3 on 13:15 - May 31 by wkj

I thought hurst was supposed to prefer traditional wingers?

Depends what you read. Sounds like he's moved on from 4 4 2

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/the-lowdown-on-new-ipswich-town-manager-paul-hurst-1

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Paul Hurst - 4 3 3 on 13:17 - May 31 with 3221 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Paul Hurst - 4 3 3 on 13:13 - May 31 by BrianTablet

That looks a pretty line up, barring Knudsen and Chambers, I'd say.
Both too prone to lapses of concentration/poor positioning.
I think we need to add an experienced central defender as first purchase.
Someone who reads the game well and is calm on the ball.
Hell, in recent times, we haven't even had someone calm enough to pass to Skuse.

There are goals in the team, so needs to be matched to attacking approach.
Will finish 8th, but will be an entertaining season. :-)
[Post edited 31 May 2018 13:14]

I thought Chambo was excellent at CB.

Paul Hurst - 4 3 3 on 15:37 - May 31 with 3104 viewsmaccyd9

Whilst very promising, I'm yet to be convinced that Dozzell, Nydam, Downes can hit the levels of a fit Bishop just yet.

Further still, many appear to have overlooked Adeyemi who for me was the pick of the summer signings.

I'd be interested to see what a midfield 3 of Skuse, Huwys, Adeyemi could do whilst expecting those youngsters to get significant minutes and hopefully stay injury free.
Paul Hurst - 4 3 3 on 15:45 - May 31 with 3072 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Paul Hurst - 4 3 3 on 15:37 - May 31 by maccyd9

Whilst very promising, I'm yet to be convinced that Dozzell, Nydam, Downes can hit the levels of a fit Bishop just yet.

Further still, many appear to have overlooked Adeyemi who for me was the pick of the summer signings.

I'd be interested to see what a midfield 3 of Skuse, Huwys, Adeyemi could do whilst expecting those youngsters to get significant minutes and hopefully stay injury free.

Id pretty much ignored Bishop and Adeyemi based on their injury records. In my formation they were allotted a place on the treatment table.

Id be delighted if the do get back to a consistent level of fitness though.

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Hurst - 4 3 3 on 15:46 - May 31 with 3070 viewsCuffy81

I haven't seen overly much of Shrewbury but what strikes me is that this formation relies on pace, especially widemen, which we don't really have. (Sears is a striker and Ward is more direct than pacey) so i'd expect to see some wide players brought in budget depending.

If he can get Huws/Adeyemi/Bishop fit with Dozzell, Nydam and Downes on the fringes we have some really good options there

Need a centre half, Websters injury record shows he will not play a whole season.

I'm not sure that Garner is Hurst's cup of tea, I think he'd go with a more mobile forward, Lyle Taylor could fit the bill.
Paul Hurst - 4 3 3 on 15:48 - May 31 with 3056 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Paul Hurst - 4 3 3 on 15:46 - May 31 by Cuffy81

I haven't seen overly much of Shrewbury but what strikes me is that this formation relies on pace, especially widemen, which we don't really have. (Sears is a striker and Ward is more direct than pacey) so i'd expect to see some wide players brought in budget depending.

If he can get Huws/Adeyemi/Bishop fit with Dozzell, Nydam and Downes on the fringes we have some really good options there

Need a centre half, Websters injury record shows he will not play a whole season.

I'm not sure that Garner is Hurst's cup of tea, I think he'd go with a more mobile forward, Lyle Taylor could fit the bill.

Maybe Sears could fit the bill ;-)

I still think Sears has got goals in him if played in the right position.

Paul Hurst - 4 3 3 on 15:54 - May 31 with 3042 viewsCuffy81

Paul Hurst - 4 3 3 on 15:48 - May 31 by Marshalls_Mullet

Maybe Sears could fit the bill ;-)

I still think Sears has got goals in him if played in the right position.

Was delighted to see him being played in his correct position under BK, sadly wasted out wide by Mick- I think everyone could see that besides Mick.

No reason why Sears couldn't offer a contribution especially if PH can restore his confidence.
Paul Hurst - 4 3 3 on 15:58 - May 31 with 3034 viewsitfcjoe

Paul Hurst - 4 3 3 on 15:37 - May 31 by maccyd9

From watching Shrewsbury the excellent loanee from Norwich Ben Godfrey reminded me of Tom Adeyemi - both look similar, same frame and powerful style, both obviously came through at Norwich so academies do tend to create similar players.

If we were to look at current personnel I'd say the 4141/4231 he favoured could look something like this

----------------------------Bart--------------------------
Spence--------Chambers----Webster------Knudsen
-------------------Skuse---------Adeyemi------------
----------------------------Huws------------------------
Ward--------------------------------------------------?
--------------------------Waghorn----------------------

Think it is weak at full back and in the wide areas, but through the spine of the team has some real quality in it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Paul Hurst - 4 3 3 on 16:07 - May 31 with 2998 viewsmaccyd9

Paul Hurst - 4 3 3 on 15:58 - May 31 by itfcjoe

From watching Shrewsbury the excellent loanee from Norwich Ben Godfrey reminded me of Tom Adeyemi - both look similar, same frame and powerful style, both obviously came through at Norwich so academies do tend to create similar players.

If we were to look at current personnel I'd say the 4141/4231 he favoured could look something like this

Think it is weak at full back and in the wide areas, but through the spine of the team has some real quality in it

Agree on the the Godfrey/Adeyemi comparison. I really liked what I saw (albeit briefly) of Adeyemi. He looked strong, mobile, imposing, a modern day midfielder.

Must not forget that he is already a £1m player following his move from Birmingham to Cardiff. (i think).

I like that system but for me Ward doesn't warrant a place in it. Decent utility man but really lacks an end product and goes missing for large parts of games.

I'd love to see Cotter progress at right back, two new out and out wide players with Huwys off Waghorn.

Then you have the luxury of utilising, Bishop, Nydam, Downes, Dozzell, Drinan, Morris, Folami, Kenlock, Emmanuel, Woolfenden when those chances arise.

God we have some youngsters knocking about. Not to mention I'd love to see Ben Knight kick on by the end of the season.
Paul Hurst - 4 3 3 on 16:08 - May 31 with 2993 viewsmaccyd9

Paul Hurst - 4 3 3 on 15:45 - May 31 by Marshalls_Mullet

Id pretty much ignored Bishop and Adeyemi based on their injury records. In my formation they were allotted a place on the treatment table.

Id be delighted if the do get back to a consistent level of fitness though.

It's probably fair to ignore them, I'm just hoping we can get them back fit and going at it.

Bishop was a class apart 3 years ago and Adeyemi looked really good in what little I saw.

Some excellent depth in midfield. Wouldn't be surprised to see Downes go out on loan again.
Paul Hurst - 4 3 3 on 16:51 - May 31 with 2883 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Quite like it, dont think Emanuel or Cotter worth a shot at RB?

Paul Hurst - 4 3 3 on 17:01 - May 31 with 2860 viewsMoisha

I think he'll sign at least 2 if not 3 lower league players who will be in the 1st team come August.
Paul Hurst - 4 3 3 on 17:01 - May 31 with 2854 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Paul Hurst - 4 3 3 on 16:51 - May 31 by Marshalls_Mullet

Would think Downes has a good shot of being above Adeyemi in the pecking order... looked very bright last season and had a stormer if a spell at Luton by the sounds of it?
Paul Hurst - 4 3 3 on 17:11 - May 31 with 2836 viewswkj

Why even put ? - the answer is Tabb, thought in all seriousness isn't Waghorn one who can work on the left wing as an inside forward? in a pinch
[Post edited 31 May 2018 17:12]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Paul Hurst - 4 3 3 on 17:15 - May 31 with 2815 viewsjas0999

Hopefully three or so new names in there. If not more.
Paul Hurst - 4 3 3 on 17:28 - May 31 with 2787 viewsitfcjoe

Paul Hurst - 4 3 3 on 16:51 - May 31 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think it’ll be a battle in pre season, but between Spence and Emmanuel mostly. I think Cotter was bought as a CB so wonder if he heard back there although seems more suited physically to RB

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024