Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My issue with the Season Ticket prices 17:52 - May 31 with 1544 viewsclive_baker

Is not so much that the Early Bird deadline has been and gone, that was all pretty clear and the club were transparent about that. I bought mine as I knew I was going to get one anyway, regardless of who was appointed.

My issue is a wider one. Marcus Evans admitted in his interview that putting the prices up last year was the wrong thing to do, however as we sit here now, the Season Ticket prices are the same as they were last season, post deadline. If it was a mistake, why not rectify it and adjust them down permanently, not just for the early purchasers? It was either a mistake or it wasn't. Innit.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

My issue with the Season Ticket prices on 17:57 - May 31 with 1506 viewsJ2BLUE

People generally leave things to the last minute. There needs to be some incentive to pay early so the club can budget.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

My issue with the Season Ticket prices on 18:02 - May 31 with 1484 viewsclive_baker

My issue with the Season Ticket prices on 17:57 - May 31 by J2BLUE

People generally leave things to the last minute. There needs to be some incentive to pay early so the club can budget.

I'm not disputing that, I agree there does otherwise I doubt many would've renewed already, I wouldn't have done just out of laziness. I just think it's a little contradictory to say that increasing the price was wrong, admitting fault, and then as we sit here today, the price being the same as the same point last year. IMO.

My issue with the Season Ticket prices on 18:08 - May 31 with 1460 viewsRomeo4

My issue with the Season Ticket prices on 18:02 - May 31 by clive_baker

I'm not disputing that, I agree there does otherwise I doubt many would've renewed already, I wouldn't have done just out of laziness. I just think it's a little contradictory to say that increasing the price was wrong, admitting fault, and then as we sit here today, the price being the same as the same point last year. IMO.

I agree with both points made here. I understand the need for a deadline but the hike in prices if you miss that deadline (as I have) is too steep.
My issue with the Season Ticket prices on 18:11 - May 31 with 1449 viewsHerbivore

I guess the worry was that dropping prices post early bird deadline by 10% too may have encouraged more people to wait and see. I think now though it doesn't make sense to not also knock 10% off the regular price.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

My issue with the Season Ticket prices on 18:16 - May 31 with 1419 viewsclive_baker

My issue with the Season Ticket prices on 18:11 - May 31 by Herbivore

I guess the worry was that dropping prices post early bird deadline by 10% too may have encouraged more people to wait and see. I think now though it doesn't make sense to not also knock 10% off the regular price.

I think we're in slightly exceptional circumstances this season given the early bird deadline was at a time when we didn't know who was going to be in charge. It's understandable that some people didn't feel ready to commit at that point. Now we've appointed a new manager, I agree it would make sense to crank up the PR PR machine and extend it between now and mid June and catch a 2nd wave of supporters and build up that enthusiasm. I do feel that those buying now will have been a little hard done by given the circumstances, by having to pay last seasons prices, which have been admitted to be a mistake.

My issue with the Season Ticket prices on 18:23 - May 31 with 1382 viewsHerbivore

My issue with the Season Ticket prices on 18:16 - May 31 by clive_baker

I think we're in slightly exceptional circumstances this season given the early bird deadline was at a time when we didn't know who was going to be in charge. It's understandable that some people didn't feel ready to commit at that point. Now we've appointed a new manager, I agree it would make sense to crank up the PR PR machine and extend it between now and mid June and catch a 2nd wave of supporters and build up that enthusiasm. I do feel that those buying now will have been a little hard done by given the circumstances, by having to pay last seasons prices, which have been admitted to be a mistake.

Yeah agreed. See if we can capitalise on the current positive vibes by getting some more season ticket holders on board, certainly can't hurt and only a fanny would moan about reopening the early bird prices for a brief time.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

My issue with the Season Ticket prices on 18:35 - May 31 with 1361 viewsNorthstaNder

Perhaps the doubters.should have renewed at the cheaper price? Could always cancel then if they really didn't like the new manager.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024