Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds 15:21 - Jun 1 with 6336 viewsMullet

That would be very galling given they are skint.

Although seems on their forum they have been trailing him for a long time and the day after the Grealish news it sort of makes sense.

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/115435-james-maddison/?page=9

I wonder how many Div 3 Germans £22m buys?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds on 15:22 - Jun 1 with 5865 viewsKieran_Knows

... and Norwich apparently want to spend £5m of that on Paddy McNair.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds on 15:29 - Jun 1 with 5783 viewsfloridaboy

Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds on 15:22 - Jun 1 by Kieran_Knows

... and Norwich apparently want to spend £5m of that on Paddy McNair.

No worth £22m IMHO but then I don't think Grealish is worth the £40m that is circulating.

Maddison wont go anywhere until the injury he suffered is OK. As for McNair why Norwich when Brighton had a bid turned down the other day!
Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds on 15:32 - Jun 1 with 5751 viewsReuser_is_God

£22m in today’s market is about right.

It effectively gives Norwich an extra 12 months worth of parachute payments & an extended opportunity to get their house in order.

Hopefully they spend the Maddison money as poorly as we spent the Mings money.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds on 15:32 - Jun 1 with 5747 viewsJ2BLUE

They were apparently had a £30m shortfall. I'm sure that has come down a bit but £22m would actually be quite good IMO as I expected him to go for more. I hope they get the least possible for him.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds on 15:36 - Jun 1 with 5694 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds on 15:32 - Jun 1 by Reuser_is_God

£22m in today’s market is about right.

It effectively gives Norwich an extra 12 months worth of parachute payments & an extended opportunity to get their house in order.

Hopefully they spend the Maddison money as poorly as we spent the Mings money.

Correct if he is fit and able to play how he was. Even then, I would imagine a significant chunk would be as add-ons.

I wonder what proportion would go into their transfer fund. Although, as already mentioned, what will matter is how it is spent more than how much. Plenty of German 3rd tier clubs will be looking forward to negotiations.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds on 15:37 - Jun 1 with 5685 viewsitfcjoe

I reckon it will end up about £18m, effectively another year of parachutes which they seem to need as no outside investor.

Shows how important playing your youngsters are as they can go for big bucks with the English tax. Even though I'm aware they did buy him for £3m.....

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds on 15:54 - Jun 1 with 5527 viewsgtsb

Not many transfer payments are paid in full straight away.
Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds on 15:55 - Jun 1 with 5515 viewsSteve_M

I presume Coventry have a decent sell on clause as well.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds on 15:58 - Jun 1 with 5481 viewsGeoffSentence

Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds on 15:55 - Jun 1 by Steve_M

They do have a sell on clause not sure if it is the standard 10% or something else.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds on 16:01 - Jun 1 with 5454 viewsconnorscontract

Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds on 15:55 - Jun 1 by Steve_M

I really, really hope it's in the 25+% bracket.
Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds on 16:05 - Jun 1 with 5412 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds on 16:06 - Jun 1 with 5409 viewsflimflam

I heard it was Everton in for Maddison

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds on 16:50 - Jun 1 with 5186 viewsCoastalblue

Wouldn't want to see him him leave, but you do wonder, a decent season under his belt and getting back to where he was, what will Dozzell be worth?

He's got a lot to prove at the moment, but seems to have the ablity and brain to do so.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds on 17:17 - Jun 1 with 5024 viewsMullet

Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds on 16:50 - Jun 1 by Coastalblue

Wouldn't want to see him him leave, but you do wonder, a decent season under his belt and getting back to where he was, what will Dozzell be worth?

He's got a lot to prove at the moment, but seems to have the ablity and brain to do so.

All depends how 'decent' but with the potential there, if there's a willing suitor it could be money far sillier than we've ever sold anyone for.

It's still really hard to tell just how good Andre is and will be especially following an injury that could mean this season is about getting up to speed.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds on 17:43 - Jun 1 with 4910 viewsblue62

Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds on 16:06 - Jun 1 by flimflam

Yes it's on Sky Sports that Everton want to sign him. It's good for Norwich having several clubs wanting him, it will drive the price up.
Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds on 18:33 - Jun 1 with 4740 viewsbrazil1982

Say what you like about our six fingered neighbours, they always get top money when selling.
Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds on 19:43 - Jun 1 with 4608 viewsyoda

Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds on 18:33 - Jun 1 by brazil1982

Say what you like about our six fingered neighbours, they always get top money when selling.

I wish that were true but generally we sell to the first bidder which is typical us.Believe me Maddison is worth a great deal more than 20 million.
Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds on 19:51 - Jun 1 with 4583 viewsVic

If they have a funding gap as big we all hope then there won’t be a lot left for buying any additional players will there!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds on 20:19 - Jun 1 with 4517 viewsitfcjoe

Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds on 19:43 - Jun 1 by yoda

I wish that were true but generally we sell to the first bidder which is typical us.Believe me Maddison is worth a great deal more than 20 million.

No, he isn't.

Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds on 20:45 - Jun 1 with 4445 viewsITFCBlues

Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds on 20:19 - Jun 1 by itfcjoe

No, he isn't.

What makes you think that?

The market is crazy these days so wouldn’t be surprised to see 20m+

Is he worth that? I don’t think so either. 20m buys you an experienced international playing abroad

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds on 20:51 - Jun 1 with 4428 viewsitfcjoe

Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds on 20:45 - Jun 1 by ITFCBlues

What makes you think that?

The market is crazy these days so wouldn’t be surprised to see 20m+

Is he worth that? I don’t think so either. 20m buys you an experienced international playing abroad

I think somewhere around £20m is about right - but "a great deal more than £20m" is way off

Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds on 20:58 - Jun 1 with 4407 viewsstainless

Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds on 20:19 - Jun 1 by itfcjoe

No, he isn't.

As i work in Norwich i know a lot of Norwich fans and most think they will be lucky if they get more than £10m. Because his lack of pace and only having one foot would expose him and frighten away premier clubs, he'll end up at a championship club like Middlesbrough or Derby.
Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds on 21:06 - Jun 1 with 4380 viewsNthsuffolkblue

No, he isn't.

As with any player, he is worth whatever the buying club is able and prepared to pay.

If Leicester sell Mahrez for big money and see Maddison as the one they want Norwich might do well.

If Everton and Leicester see him as a decent punt but want to see him prove his fitness first and have other options instead, it might be a case of wait until January when Norwich might be desperate for whatever fee they can get.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds on 22:52 - Jun 1 with 4209 viewsmanchego

Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds on 16:06 - Jun 1 by flimflam

Everton are such a Maddison club.
He's very good at championship. Might be Prem. Might not. Probably solid / average Prem player.
Won't ever make Everton great. But will keep them in the Prem.

and so it goes.
Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds on 11:09 - Jun 2 with 3770 viewsArnieM

Leicester spending £22m on Maddison doing the rounds on 19:43 - Jun 1 by yoda

Yoda , to be fair , your lot always seem to get a very good price for your players when they leave you : Unlike us ( In the main). For what its worth , I think you will miss him a lot , just like Hoola Hoop , they were instrumental in anything good your team did.

As a Town fan ( Like many others I suspect ) I cant wait for the new season , under what will hopefully be a much better period of football for us .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024