Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dehumidifier question... 11:08 - Jun 2 with 3534 viewsSwailsey

Almost certainly dumb BUT!

I know the big electric ones can be bad for your health if they are left in a room you sleep in, but are there any risks with the smaller ones (which contain beads)? The £1 ones.

Could you have a lot of them in a room without it causing an issue to health?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Dehumidifier question... on 11:13 - Jun 2 with 3521 viewsgmanrom

We have had a electric dehumidifier in our bedroom for a good couple of years now as in winter our room suffers bad, no problems at all.

Poll: In the next 5 years what league do you us settling in?

Dehumidifier question... on 13:15 - Jun 2 with 3449 viewsjeera

You wouldn't keep it whilst you're in the room though anyway. For one because of the noise from the fan but also cost of running it continuously. Besides, a couple of hours at a time will sort most rooms and most have auto-settings so they kick in when necessary.

As for the packs, I use those in my little place. 69p in some swag type shop or other and they work fine. Use the box types on window sills and the hanging sort elsewhere. Try not to buy the perfumed ones if you can help it. They make me sneeze so can't be good.

Got my mother one of these a couple of years or so ago as she was having all sorts of condensation issues in winter.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00474K8SY/ref=asc_df_B00474K8SY52902845/?tag=googsh

Works a treat.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Dehumidifier question... on 14:23 - Jun 2 with 3395 viewsgmanrom

Dehumidifier question... on 13:15 - Jun 2 by jeera

You wouldn't keep it whilst you're in the room though anyway. For one because of the noise from the fan but also cost of running it continuously. Besides, a couple of hours at a time will sort most rooms and most have auto-settings so they kick in when necessary.

As for the packs, I use those in my little place. 69p in some swag type shop or other and they work fine. Use the box types on window sills and the hanging sort elsewhere. Try not to buy the perfumed ones if you can help it. They make me sneeze so can't be good.

Got my mother one of these a couple of years or so ago as she was having all sorts of condensation issues in winter.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00474K8SY/ref=asc_df_B00474K8SY52902845/?tag=googsh

Works a treat.

Leave mine on smart mode

Poll: In the next 5 years what league do you us settling in?

Dehumidifier question... on 15:21 - Jun 2 with 3370 viewsSwailsey

Thanks both!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Dehumidifier question... on 15:25 - Jun 2 with 3366 viewsjeera

Dehumidifier question... on 11:13 - Jun 2 by gmanrom

We have had a electric dehumidifier in our bedroom for a good couple of years now as in winter our room suffers bad, no problems at all.

I reckon he's thinking of those with ionisers? Some say they can be damaging to people with certain health issues don't they.

But of course that's a separate setting and easily switched on or off.

Chrisswailles, if you see this and are considering one, do have a bit of a read up as there's a few different types and you want one to suit your needs best chap.

Dehumidifier question... on 15:27 - Jun 2 with 3363 viewsSwailsey

Dehumidifier question... on 15:25 - Jun 2 by jeera

I reckon he's thinking of those with ionisers? Some say they can be damaging to people with certain health issues don't they.

But of course that's a separate setting and easily switched on or off.

Chrisswailles, if you see this and are considering one, do have a bit of a read up as there's a few different types and you want one to suit your needs best chap.

Jerra!

You’re back! Terrific news.

Dehumidifier question... on 15:31 - Jun 2 with 3359 viewsjeera

Dehumidifier question... on 15:27 - Jun 2 by Swailsey

Jerra!

You’re back! Terrific news.

And these, but they do a plainer sort, with no scent. Be patient if you try these types, cos they can take a while before they appear to be doing much, although the hanging ones do a really good job and start to fill in days:

https://www.poundstretcher.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=dehumidifiers

Nice to see you too!

Dehumidifier question... on 15:32 - Jun 2 with 3355 viewsSwailsey

Dehumidifier question... on 15:31 - Jun 2 by jeera

And these, but they do a plainer sort, with no scent. Be patient if you try these types, cos they can take a while before they appear to be doing much, although the hanging ones do a really good job and start to fill in days:

https://www.poundstretcher.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=dehumidifiers

Nice to see you too!

Thanks. I did pick up 5 of those from Poundland earlier actually.

Login to get fewer ads

Dehumidifier question... on 15:34 - Jun 2 with 3349 viewsm14_blue

Gotta love the close season...
Dehumidifier question... on 19:02 - Jun 2 with 3270 viewsjeera

Dehumidifier question... on 15:34 - Jun 2 by m14_blue

Gotta love the close season...

Hmph.

We're having a civilised conversation.

Be happy.

Dehumidifier question... on 19:07 - Jun 2 with 3261 viewsm14_blue

Dehumidifier question... on 19:02 - Jun 2 by jeera

Hmph.

We're having a civilised conversation.

Be happy.

Ha sorry mate. Sorry Swailesy.

Tell me more about your dehumidifiers....
Dehumidifier question... on 19:08 - Jun 2 with 3256 viewsjeera

Dehumidifier question... on 19:07 - Jun 2 by m14_blue

Ha sorry mate. Sorry Swailesy.

Tell me more about your dehumidifiers....

So...

I've got this corn....

Dehumidifier question... on 19:12 - Jun 2 with 3252 viewshoppy

Dehumidifier question... on 13:15 - Jun 2 by jeera

Works a treat.

“Try not to buy the perfumed ones if you can help it. They make me sneeze so can't be good.”

Bit presumptuous on your part that he’d be inviting you round, isn’t it?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Dehumidifier question... on 19:13 - Jun 2 with 3249 viewsjeera

Dehumidifier question... on 19:12 - Jun 2 by hoppy

“Try not to buy the perfumed ones if you can help it. They make me sneeze so can't be good.”

Bit presumptuous on your part that he’d be inviting you round, isn’t it?

Yes, that sort of occurred to me afterwards, but then I figured no one would pick up on it.

I forgot you.

Dehumidifier question... on 19:22 - Jun 2 with 3232 viewshoppy

Dehumidifier question... on 19:13 - Jun 2 by jeera

Yes, that sort of occurred to me afterwards, but then I figured no one would pick up on it.

I forgot you.

Charming.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Dehumidifier question... on 19:24 - Jun 2 with 3230 viewsjeera

Dehumidifier question... on 19:22 - Jun 2 by hoppy

Charming.

Dis.

Dehumidifier question... on 05:01 - Jun 3 with 3126 viewsRyorry

Having allergies, I aways steered clear of the bead type, but found the big electric type excellent (had an EHS 928H, which is no longer made, but was v. efficient & reliable, sold by The Healthy House, who are honest brokers & top drawer with advice on what might cause health problems and what wouldn't) -

https://www.healthy-house.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=dehumidifiers

Also worth a read -

https://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/ct/Heating-and-Air-Conditioning/dehumidifiers

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024