Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which manager is this quote about? 03:06 - Jun 4 with 1701 viewsBondiBlue

"But there was always a section of the support who thought he was too cautious and played the margins, defensive when he needed to and with a system.

The squad loved him, but some of the fans didn’t appreciate what they had at the time. It’s a real shame."

Poll: Which would you accept?

Which manager is this quote about? on 03:07 - Jun 4 with 1683 viewsBondiBlue

And this...

"He is quite a blunt bloke and will say things in public which some managers won’t. He will occasionally say things in interviews about fans not backing the team and come out with it."

Which manager is this quote about? on 04:18 - Jun 4 with 1648 viewsjeera

Really looking forward to this.

But hoping that the fans get behind him and fully accept that it may take a while.

My worry is that some will expect him to waltz in and just build on what we [are perceived to] have without considering he might want to start from scratch in his approach. There are no guarantees it will be exciting from 'the off'.

You are talking about the new tea man of course.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Which manager is this quote about? on 05:56 - Jun 4 with 1581 viewsBondiBlue

Which manager is this quote about? on 04:18 - Jun 4 by jeera

Really looking forward to this.

But hoping that the fans get behind him and fully accept that it may take a while.

My worry is that some will expect him to waltz in and just build on what we [are perceived to] have without considering he might want to start from scratch in his approach. There are no guarantees it will be exciting from 'the off'.

You are talking about the new tea man of course.

Correct.

As much as I was glad for the managerial change, I was worried we'd go too far the other way and lose the qualities of Mick's teams that I enjoyed watching (e.g. just voted for Derby away as my favourite game of the season in the questionnaire - fantastic backs-to-the-wall stuff). Nice to hear that we've gone for someone who represents evolution not revolution.

Which manager is this quote about? on 08:25 - Jun 4 with 1342 viewsfactual_blue

Alf Ramsey?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Which manager is this quote about? on 08:31 - Jun 4 with 1324 viewsjas0999

Well, it would of course be Paul Hurst. More associated with Grimsby than Shrewsbury.
Which manager is this quote about? on 09:17 - Jun 4 with 1253 viewssolemio

Which manager is this quote about? on 08:25 - Jun 4 by factual_blue

Alf Ramsey?

That was my first thought, I have to confess.
Which manager is this quote about? on 09:20 - Jun 4 with 1248 viewsGuthrum

Which manager is this quote about? on 05:56 - Jun 4 by BondiBlue

Correct.

As much as I was glad for the managerial change, I was worried we'd go too far the other way and lose the qualities of Mick's teams that I enjoyed watching (e.g. just voted for Derby away as my favourite game of the season in the questionnaire - fantastic backs-to-the-wall stuff). Nice to hear that we've gone for someone who represents evolution not revolution.

We've basically gone for a newer, younger, on-the-up version of McCarthy, sans the regrettable spat with a section of the Town fanbase.

Not particularly a bad thing, if he retains our former manager's virtues and gets the team playing as nicely as we have sometimes done even over the last couple of seasons. A new set of eyes will bring fresh ideas and renewed energy. He has a decent reputation for spotting lower-division talent.

It's just unlikely to be free-flowing, all-out attack, certainly to start off with.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024