Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - All Points East Festival 10:30 - Jun 4 with 1662 viewsGunnsAirkick

Did anyone else go to this yesterday? It has gone into my top 5 gigs for sure, the man an his band are sublime. Kylie came on to sing 'Where the Wild Roses Grow' too, very unexpected! The atmosphere was something else.

I also saw Nadine Shah earlier in the day, she was bloody excellent too. Overall a decent festival if you can stomach the London prices which are beyond extortionate.
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - All Points East Festival on 12:53 - Jun 4 with 1601 viewsbluelou

They’re not London prices. They are Festival prices.
Also the quality of food and drink is much better in London than at other frstivals so it’s effectively better value.

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - All Points East Festival on 12:55 - Jun 4 with 1598 viewsStokieBlue

That sounds amazing! Seen Cave about 10 times, always an amazing show.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - All Points East Festival on 13:07 - Jun 4 with 1580 viewsSmithersJones

Yes, I was there and fully agree - Nick Cave was excellent. I went on Saturday too for The National and The War on Drugs. Again very good. Notable on both nights was the way the organisers and stewards (with a little help from TFL) managed to get a huge number of people into a small tube station (Mile End) and onto trains with a minimum of fuss. Maybe they go take on the job for games at Wembley.
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - All Points East Festival on 14:14 - Jun 4 with 1536 viewsvapour_trail

Cave was truly wonderful wasn’t he. What a bloke. The Kylie cameo was fantastic.

I caught a bit of Shah, wasn’t into that at all.

Spent quite a bit of time shuffling around the X stage to Wetherall with other aged ravers, sinking a few beers in the sunshine. Great way to pass an afternoon.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - All Points East Festival on 14:33 - Jun 4 with 1515 viewsGunnsAirkick

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - All Points East Festival on 13:07 - Jun 4 by SmithersJones

Yes, I was there and fully agree - Nick Cave was excellent. I went on Saturday too for The National and The War on Drugs. Again very good. Notable on both nights was the way the organisers and stewards (with a little help from TFL) managed to get a huge number of people into a small tube station (Mile End) and onto trains with a minimum of fuss. Maybe they go take on the job for games at Wembley.

I saw a poster for that and thought the lineup looked as good as the Sunday. Bit gutted we didn't do both days to be honest!
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - All Points East Festival on 14:44 - Jun 4 with 1503 viewsSuperfrans

Yes, I was there. I must confess, I've never been a big Nick Cave fan (I went for Patti Smith and Courtney Barnett, primarily) but thought he was incredible last night. I'd really like to see him do an indoor gig sometime, if that's what he's like.

Nightmare getting out though. I live 4 miles from the site, as the crow flies, and it took me until midnight to get home. Quite an achievement given that the gig finished around 10.30pm...

And, yes, the beer prices were ridiculous - especially when you're being sold a can of Red Stripe/Strongbow for £5.50, having just seen a trailer of it being pulled across the site, four-packs clearly marked "4 for £4".

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - All Points East Festival on 14:57 - Jun 4 with 1489 viewsGunnsAirkick

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - All Points East Festival on 12:53 - Jun 4 by bluelou

They’re not London prices. They are Festival prices.
Also the quality of food and drink is much better in London than at other frstivals so it’s effectively better value.

The food was good but £8 for a grilled cheese sandwich is completely taking the p!ss. Also the beer selection was Red Stripe, Maltsmith IPA, Strongbow and Heineken; a pretty poor selection for apparently the best drink options at a festival and all at £6 a pint (expensive even for a festival). End of the Road and 2,000 Trees to name just a couple both have better booze and food options, are cheaper and neither of them are in London. Not doing it down though, everything in London is more expensive so it was hardly a shock and the music was excellent (which is the main thing of course)!
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - All Points East Festival on 15:03 - Jun 4 with 1480 viewsGunnsAirkick

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - All Points East Festival on 14:44 - Jun 4 by Superfrans

Yes, I was there. I must confess, I've never been a big Nick Cave fan (I went for Patti Smith and Courtney Barnett, primarily) but thought he was incredible last night. I'd really like to see him do an indoor gig sometime, if that's what he's like.

Nightmare getting out though. I live 4 miles from the site, as the crow flies, and it took me until midnight to get home. Quite an achievement given that the gig finished around 10.30pm...

And, yes, the beer prices were ridiculous - especially when you're being sold a can of Red Stripe/Strongbow for £5.50, having just seen a trailer of it being pulled across the site, four-packs clearly marked "4 for £4".

My wife is a huge fan but I'd never seen him before. I would be well up for going to see him at his own gig next time.

Yeah we managed to get an Uber after wandering around for a bit. The line for taxis was just ridiculous. Thought overall it was well organised though (some poor sod got busted by the sniffer dogs when we were coming in). Wasn't keen on the drinks situation, not the worst but I find it amazing that matey above is claiming it wasn't expensive and had the best drink selection available at a festival (was just standard pish unless I missed a beer tent or something).
[Post edited 4 Jun 2018 15:04]
Login to get fewer ads

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - All Points East Festival on 15:52 - Jun 4 with 1451 viewsSuperfrans

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - All Points East Festival on 15:03 - Jun 4 by GunnsAirkick

My wife is a huge fan but I'd never seen him before. I would be well up for going to see him at his own gig next time.

Yeah we managed to get an Uber after wandering around for a bit. The line for taxis was just ridiculous. Thought overall it was well organised though (some poor sod got busted by the sniffer dogs when we were coming in). Wasn't keen on the drinks situation, not the worst but I find it amazing that matey above is claiming it wasn't expensive and had the best drink selection available at a festival (was just standard pish unless I missed a beer tent or something).
[Post edited 4 Jun 2018 15:04]

There was one tent selling what looked like a fair range of decent ales. But the idea that it's better in London compared to elsewhere is nonsense. It was organised by AEG, who are a huge international promoters. They will offer the same in London as they do anywhere else...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024