Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel 11:36 - Jun 4 with 49898 viewsbaxterbasics

Over a joke he didn't even write (oh and for being Jewish, of course).

Is there a more humourless bunch of thickies on the planet?

Should we congratulate Jezza on managing to unite a left wing version of the EDL rank and file?

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 11:44 - Jun 4 with 14034 viewsBluefish

We should be very grateful to Corbyn. There are not many people that May could have beaten and then we would have seen another Labour effort at managing the finances

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 12:06 - Jun 4 with 13990 viewsBecclesITFC

I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 11:44 - Jun 4 by Bluefish

We should be very grateful to Corbyn. There are not many people that May could have beaten and then we would have seen another Labour effort at managing the finances

Completely agree. Shame people can't see that. I used to vote Labour. I'm now conservative with a very small "c"
I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 12:08 - Jun 4 with 13969 viewsBluefish

I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 12:06 - Jun 4 by BecclesITFC

Completely agree. Shame people can't see that. I used to vote Labour. I'm now conservative with a very small "c"

Corbyn supporters celebrate keeping new Labour out and can't seem to grasp that they are also keeping old Labour out. The Tories love it

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 12:21 - Jun 4 with 13914 viewsBluesquid

I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 12:08 - Jun 4 by Bluefish

Corbyn supporters celebrate keeping new Labour out and can't seem to grasp that they are also keeping old Labour out. The Tories love it

Of course the Tories love it, that's why new labour are there.
I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 12:24 - Jun 4 with 13908 viewsBecclesITFC

I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 12:21 - Jun 4 by Bluesquid

Of course the Tories love it, that's why new labour are there.

Exactly.
I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 12:46 - Jun 4 with 13843 viewsmonytowbray

This thread is everything wrong with modern politics. Many people behind Corbyn don’t want Labour because of habitual voting or because they’ve followed them like a football team all their life, they just want a change from the same suits with different ties.

New Labour is done, Blair has blood on his hands and Milliband failed miserably. If New Labour was still a thing the youth vote would still be much more split.

I also find it amusing that I shared a link earlier about Islamophobia in the Tory party with the comment “I don’t want to make an agenda of it” parodying threads exactly like this.

Finally, anyone who goes from New Labour to Tory was never what Labour originally stood for in the first place IMO. A bit like saying you no longer like what anti-facism stands for so you’ve joined the EDL.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 12:48 - Jun 4 with 13826 viewsbaxterbasics

I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 11:44 - Jun 4 by Bluefish

Not just Labour managing the finances, but Momentum Labour, which is a whole new level of scary.

Sadly demographic trends suggest they will grab power sooner or later, and the lesson will have to be learned the hard way all over again.

zip

I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 13:40 - Jun 4 with 13681 viewsTonyj

I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 12:48 - Jun 4 by baxterbasics

Not just Labour managing the finances, but Momentum Labour, which is a whole new level of scary.

Sadly demographic trends suggest they will grab power sooner or later, and the lesson will have to be learned the hard way all over again.

One lesson at a time: first we have learn how terrible the tories are and what a disaster brexit has been and will be.
Login to get fewer ads

I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 13:43 - Jun 4 with 13668 viewsbaxterbasics

I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 13:40 - Jun 4 by Tonyj

One lesson at a time: first we have learn how terrible the tories are and what a disaster brexit has been and will be.

Seems like everyone is expecting this anyway, so it's already been 'priced in' as it were.

zip

I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 13:44 - Jun 4 with 13668 viewsTonyj

I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 12:46 - Jun 4 by monytowbray

This thread is everything wrong with modern politics. Many people behind Corbyn don’t want Labour because of habitual voting or because they’ve followed them like a football team all their life, they just want a change from the same suits with different ties.

New Labour is done, Blair has blood on his hands and Milliband failed miserably. If New Labour was still a thing the youth vote would still be much more split.

I also find it amusing that I shared a link earlier about Islamophobia in the Tory party with the comment “I don’t want to make an agenda of it” parodying threads exactly like this.

Finally, anyone who goes from New Labour to Tory was never what Labour originally stood for in the first place IMO. A bit like saying you no longer like what anti-facism stands for so you’ve joined the EDL.

People swapping between labour and the tories is what decides elections - shame on Corbyn's labour for not looking to be more inclusive - the poorest will *continue* to suffer as a result.
I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 14:43 - Jun 4 with 13566 viewsmanchego

I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 13:40 - Jun 4 by Tonyj

People never learn how terrible the tories are.
They are always terrible and are often in power.

Brexit will be blamed on anyone but the Tories.
I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 15:05 - Jun 4 with 13529 viewskeighleyblue

So you think the Tories are doing such a great job of managing the finances.

When THEIR Brexit fiasco will cost the UK economy billions.

Right-o
I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 15:13 - Jun 4 with 13514 viewsGunnsAirkick

I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 12:46 - Jun 4 by monytowbray

I agree mostly with your post, but please do some research on Ed Miliband; he is not 'New Labour' or a 'Blairite'. I agree he didn't do all that well but he is on the left of the party and has been mostly supportive of Corbyn so I'm not sure why you seem to bash him so much. He is not a bad guy and I'd recommend you watch his recent speech on Levenson if you think he is a bad guy. Corbyn is hardly perfect either.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2018 15:14]
I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 15:19 - Jun 4 with 13493 viewsnoggin

I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 15:13 - Jun 4 by GunnsAirkick

I agree mostly with your post, but please do some research on Ed Miliband; he is not 'New Labour' or a 'Blairite'. I agree he didn't do all that well but he is on the left of the party and has been mostly supportive of Corbyn so I'm not sure why you seem to bash him so much. He is not a bad guy and I'd recommend you watch his recent speech on Levenson if you think he is a bad guy. Corbyn is hardly perfect either.

Where does he say that Miliband is a bad guy?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 15:20 - Jun 4 with 13496 viewsitfcjoe

I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 15:13 - Jun 4 by GunnsAirkick

I quite like Ed Milliband, he seems to have really come into his own now he is no longer Labour leader.

Corbyn's Labour are a bit of an embarrassment - I'm not a Labour supporter (although have voted for them previously) but surely they must realise that a Labour government more to the centre is better than being in opposition?

I still like Tony Blair, just a shame he went a bit religous zealot with the Yanks.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 15:32 - Jun 4 with 13470 viewsGunnsAirkick

I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 15:19 - Jun 4 by noggin

Where does he say that Miliband is a bad guy?

From his previous posts Callis just doesn't seem a fan and seems to imply he's 'New Labour', which just isn't true. I might have got it wrong mind, if so fair enough, I just think using 'New Labour' and 'Blairite' to write off certain Labour politicians off is daft. David Lammy is a good example; he most certainly is 'New Labour', but his impassioned speeches over Grenfell and Policing recently are a credit to the party. I'd much rather he was on the front bench over say Diane Abbott (who seems incapable of public speaking), Labour has always been a broad church afterall.
I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 15:37 - Jun 4 with 13449 viewsBlueBadger

I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 15:05 - Jun 4 by keighleyblue

So you think the Tories are doing such a great job of managing the finances.

When THEIR Brexit fiasco will cost the UK economy billions.

Right-o

Textbook Glasgow Swerve that utterly avoids the issue being discussed here. Excellent work.

It'd be nice to think that he opposition were above the petty bigotries, lack of competence and pathetic insighting of the government would it? No.

By the by, the Dear Leader's favoured hard Brexit would also be an utter clusterf*ck.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2018 15:38]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 15:38 - Jun 4 with 13445 viewsitfcjoe

I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 15:32 - Jun 4 by GunnsAirkick

From his previous posts Callis just doesn't seem a fan and seems to imply he's 'New Labour', which just isn't true. I might have got it wrong mind, if so fair enough, I just think using 'New Labour' and 'Blairite' to write off certain Labour politicians off is daft. David Lammy is a good example; he most certainly is 'New Labour', but his impassioned speeches over Grenfell and Policing recently are a credit to the party. I'd much rather he was on the front bench over say Diane Abbott (who seems incapable of public speaking), Labour has always been a broad church afterall.

Listened to a really good interview with David Lammy and James O'Brien recently - I'm way behind on my podcasts. Well worth a listen

https://soundcloud.com/user-957591628/21-david-lammy-mp-the-never-ending-fight-f

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 15:44 - Jun 4 with 13429 viewsBlueBadger

I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 15:20 - Jun 4 by itfcjoe

I quite like Ed Milliband, he seems to have really come into his own now he is no longer Labour leader.

Corbyn's Labour are a bit of an embarrassment - I'm not a Labour supporter (although have voted for them previously) but surely they must realise that a Labour government more to the centre is better than being in opposition?

I still like Tony Blair, just a shame he went a bit religous zealot with the Yanks.

It was always my vie that Miliband, E would have been a terrific shadow minister but he just lacked the essential presence a leader needs.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 15:47 - Jun 4 with 13426 viewsBlueBadger

We're more than aware of that, it's just that the current incarnation of the Labour party is such a dreadful squabbling mess, obsessed with it's own petty navel gazings and sixth-form level bigotries-dressed-in-sophistry that they can't capitalise. A competent opposition leader would not only be destroying the current(defined here as 'post- June 2016') , but the previous one as well.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2018 0:05]

I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 15:50 - Jun 4 with 13414 viewsTonyj

I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 15:47 - Jun 4 by BlueBadger

We're more than aware of that, it's just that the current incarnation of the Labour party is such a dreadful squabbling mess, obsessed with it's own petty navel gazings and sixth-form level bigotries-dressed-in-sophistry that they can't capitalise. A competent opposition leader would not only be destroying the current(defined here as 'post- June 2016') , but the previous one as well.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2018 0:05]

Totally agree. To me, the average corbyn-fan would sooner consider themselves ideologically pure, than make the sort of compromise that might win power and put them in a position to actually help those in most need.

hey ho, as long as they can look at themselves in the mirror, all's fine.
I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 15:59 - Jun 4 with 13381 viewsmonytowbray

I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 15:32 - Jun 4 by GunnsAirkick

Could have separated my post paragraphs better really so my bad.

Ironically I've liked Milliband more post-election. I think he reigned his opinions in a bit to keep the Blairites on side as he says stuff post-2015 that resonates with me much more. It kept them on side yes, but overall lost him an election as he didn't grab the swing voters or the Y00F. Plus I always felt a bit like Labours promises under him weren't much of a deal changer for how the country would be ran.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 17:05 - Jun 4 with 13313 viewsTempus_Fugit

The fact that there are anti Jewish consprisy theories over who wrote what is a light hearted comedy sketch shows that this is a cult rather than a political movement.

Quite funny though whoever wrote it. Are the Tories getting in a tizz over the May and Gove sketches on the same episode?

I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 17:10 - Jun 4 with 13296 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 17:05 - Jun 4 by Tempus_Fugit

The fact that there are anti Jewish consprisy theories over who wrote what is a light hearted comedy sketch shows that this is a cult rather than a political movement.

Quite funny though whoever wrote it. Are the Tories getting in a tizz over the May and Gove sketches on the same episode?

Glassers?

Do you have a naughty step?
[Post edited 4 Jun 2018 23:27]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 17:21 - Jun 4 with 13276 viewsTempus_Fugit

I see the cult of Corbyn have returned to abusing David Baddiel on 17:10 - Jun 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

Glassers?

Do you have a naughty step?
[Post edited 4 Jun 2018 23:27]

Sorry to disapoint but I don't think glassers holds the monopoly on finding Corbyn sketches funny.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024