Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Went for dinner in Ipswich tonight 22:15 - Jun 5 with 3361 viewsJakeITFC

New Vietnamese place in town, decent enough, worth a go.

Anyway, some absolute knobheads came in, messed the waitress about for ages and then did a runner after drinks and starters having ordered a load of mains as well.

The absolute front of people to do that to a small, family run place that has only just opened and was so accommodating to them.

Suppose there is no chance of them being caught or the restaurant getting any reimbursement so it really is the crime of a scumbag.
Went for dinner in Ipswich tonight on 22:18 - Jun 5 with 3314 viewsLord_Lucan

That's bad.

How old were they?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Went for dinner in Ipswich tonight on 22:18 - Jun 5 with 3326 viewsDubtractor

A large proportion of people are idiots/tossers/selfish etc.

A surprisingly large proportion unfortunately.

Where is the new place though? I like a bit of Vietnamese? Do they have many vegan options? (for the other half).

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Went for dinner in Ipswich tonight on 22:23 - Jun 5 with 3284 viewsJakeITFC

Went for dinner in Ipswich tonight on 22:18 - Jun 5 by Lord_Lucan

That's bad.

How old were they?

One bloke probably early 30s, the other early 20s.
Went for dinner in Ipswich tonight on 22:26 - Jun 5 with 3285 viewsJakeITFC

Went for dinner in Ipswich tonight on 22:18 - Jun 5 by Dubtractor

Where is the new place though? I like a bit of Vietnamese? Do they have many vegan options? (for the other half).

Next to pump and grind on the way to the library, whatever that road is called.

I’m not sure about vegan tbh - plenty of tofu on offer but not sure how Vietnamese stacks up on that front (loads of fish sauce presumably make it a no go?).

But yeah, good food (pho was fine, really nice beef main) and Hanoi beer.
Went for dinner in Ipswich tonight on 22:41 - Jun 5 with 3236 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I expect they will be in for a surprise when the restaurant passes their cctv images on to the police and they get a call with a warrant for their arrest for theft.

When their employers hear about it they will wish they hadn't done it too. Unless, of course, they are unemployed. At the end of the day it is stupid and unpleasant thing to do and probably with some racist motivation but all it really does is bump up the price of your meal slightly and waste some food. By the sounds you were probably impressed enough that I expect you gave a good tip.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Went for dinner in Ipswich tonight on 22:49 - Jun 5 with 3195 viewsconnorscontract

Cnts. That's really low. Most family run restaurants barely pay themselves minimum wage. Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!
Went for dinner in Ipswich tonight on 23:05 - Jun 5 with 3138 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Went for dinner in Ipswich tonight on 22:26 - Jun 5 by JakeITFC

Next to pump and grind on the way to the library, whatever that road is called.

I’m not sure about vegan tbh - plenty of tofu on offer but not sure how Vietnamese stacks up on that front (loads of fish sauce presumably make it a no go?).

But yeah, good food (pho was fine, really nice beef main) and Hanoi beer.

Pho AND Hanoi beer. Food of the Gods. Have to check this place out soonish.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Went for dinner in Ipswich tonight on 08:07 - Jun 6 with 2885 viewsSteve_M

Went for dinner in Ipswich tonight on 22:18 - Jun 5 by Dubtractor

Looks like it:

http://vietkitchen.co.uk/index.html

That font is awful though.

I'll give it a look one time when I'm back in Ipswich.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Went for dinner in Ipswich tonight on 08:14 - Jun 6 with 2865 viewswkj

I hope they make it, that location has seen so many businesses pop up and fail, usually all un-franchised. I get the feeling the landlord offers a cracking first year rate then charges a difficult rent. As for Pho... its a beautiful thing

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Went for dinner in Ipswich tonight on 13:23 - Jun 6 with 2690 viewsKitman

that thieving prank is on the way back is it? (perhaps it never went away).. In my single days and living in Southend at the time, if you went to an Indian after the pub with a mate or mates, they wouldn't let you sit anywhere near the door or wouldn't serve you at all if you refused..
Too many jack the lads were high tailing it out the door at speed once they'd eaten, without paying.

Blog: [Blog] Interesting Start to the New Season

Went for dinner in Ipswich tonight on 14:05 - Jun 6 with 2629 viewsitfcjoe

Not exactly the same as that but still scummy.....

At my old job we let go of a guy at his 6 month appraisal and I had the task of going through is work folder to retain what was needed and delete what was rubbish.

He had a folder in there called 'Restaurants' and when i opened one of the letters it was a complaint letter to a local restauarant along the lines of....

"Me and my wife recently ate in your restaurant for our anniversary, we are not a well off couple and can't afford to eat out often. When we ate there on an unspecified date at an unspecified time we felt the service we received was poor and not what we were expecting after restaurant was highly recommended.

We are unable to eat out most months so when we do we take great care in choosing and were so disappointed, despite no actual complaints just very generic words etc"

And then I realised he'd sent this letter to nearly every restaurant in Ipswich from big national chains like Nandos to small independent eateries.

I bet he ended up with a number of vouchers and apologies when he'd never actually been to any - total scum. Glad he was sacked.

On a separate note he then tried to nick a season of 24 DVD that I had lent him

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Went for dinner in Ipswich tonight on 14:44 - Jun 6 with 2557 viewsLord_Lucan

Went for dinner in Ipswich tonight on 08:14 - Jun 6 by wkj

I hope they make it, that location has seen so many businesses pop up and fail, usually all un-franchised. I get the feeling the landlord offers a cracking first year rate then charges a difficult rent. As for Pho... its a beautiful thing

It's a sh1t location.

No chance for it IMHO

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Went for dinner in Ipswich tonight on 14:56 - Jun 6 with 2512 viewsDubtractor

Went for dinner in Ipswich tonight on 14:44 - Jun 6 by Lord_Lucan

It's a sh1t location.

No chance for it IMHO

Is it where the golden panda used to be?

If so I agree, not a great location these days.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Went for dinner in Ipswich tonight on 15:05 - Jun 6 with 2488 viewshype313

Went for dinner in Ipswich tonight on 14:56 - Jun 6 by Dubtractor

Is it where the golden panda used to be?

If so I agree, not a great location these days.

Nope,opposite Chicagos

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Went for dinner in Ipswich tonight on 15:20 - Jun 6 with 2455 viewsLord_Lucan

Went for dinner in Ipswich tonight on 15:05 - Jun 6 by hype313

Nope,opposite Chicagos

Same same

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024