Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? 08:06 - Jun 6 with 5586 viewsBrazilsnuts

Apparently to Bristol City
Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 08:18 - Jun 6 with 5016 viewsBluefish

Darragh says that figure is wrong. Speculation of 6.75 million

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 08:20 - Jun 6 with 5000 viewshampstead_blue

I thought Brizzle had tightened the purse strings.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 08:24 - Jun 6 with 4982 viewswkj

Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 08:20 - Jun 6 by hampstead_blue

I thought Brizzle had tightened the purse strings.

I think for the wealth their chairman has, that is a conservative bid. I have said a few times I feel we will regret releasing him more than we'll ever regret moving Rhodes on, even at the time of him being let go. In my mind this is the biggest fish that got away under McCarthy's reign- he used to bang goals away at the under 23 level, I feel he will do the same when he hits his peak at senior level.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 08:25 - Jun 6 with 4975 viewsBLUEBEAT

He had a rep for not wiping his bum properly at Playford Road.

It’s funny, the things you remember!

Poll: W or W

Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 08:50 - Jun 6 with 4760 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 08:24 - Jun 6 by wkj

I think for the wealth their chairman has, that is a conservative bid. I have said a few times I feel we will regret releasing him more than we'll ever regret moving Rhodes on, even at the time of him being let go. In my mind this is the biggest fish that got away under McCarthy's reign- he used to bang goals away at the under 23 level, I feel he will do the same when he hits his peak at senior level.

Their owner is not as wealthy as ours.

Wealth of the owner is not always an indicator of transfer fees.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 10:08 - Jun 6 with 4411 viewsNo9

Why did Towen let him go?
Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 10:17 - Jun 6 with 4376 viewsBluefish

Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 10:08 - Jun 6 by No9

Players develop and kick on at different times and in different ways. A high percentage of footballers are let go at some stage and often it is the catalyst for their career. Marriott hadn't exactly set the world alight on loan in the way that Rhodes did

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 10:27 - Jun 6 with 4332 viewsFixed_It

Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 08:50 - Jun 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

Their owner is not as wealthy as ours.

Wealth of the owner is not always an indicator of transfer fees.

Wealth is not always measured in available cash either.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 10:30 - Jun 6 with 4321 viewsBluebell

Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 08:25 - Jun 6 by BLUEBEAT

I wonder why that has been reported as abuse?
Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 11:11 - Jun 6 with 4237 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Don’t let one season foul anyone, one thing about MM is he had ast experience and impeccable judgement of players. Many low league scorers i.e Bogle have hit hit lads numbers but never in the top two divisions of English football.

Bristol city bought Matty Taylor from Bristol Rovers last year, far more prolific than Jack Marriott and cannot start or score goals at this level. Time will tell.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 11:15 - Jun 6 with 4211 viewsParisBlue

Questions about his attitude, fitness etc according to MM.

Perhaps releasing him is what made him wake up. Aside from the initial loan spell at Woking he wasn't great elsewhere.

Good on him, another success for the Academy.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 11:20 - Jun 6 with 4184 viewsitfcjoe

Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 11:11 - Jun 6 by TheTrueBlue1878

Don’t let one season foul anyone, one thing about MM is he had ast experience and impeccable judgement of players. Many low league scorers i.e Bogle have hit hit lads numbers but never in the top two divisions of English football.

Bristol city bought Matty Taylor from Bristol Rovers last year, far more prolific than Jack Marriott and cannot start or score goals at this level. Time will tell.

He got the handling of Marriott wrong, with the attitude to youngsters later in his reign there is no way Marriott wouldn't have had opportunities to prove himself here.

Both Mick and the club learned from it though - don't feel there is anyone who has been released without getting a fair crack of the whip like Marriott and in my view, Kyle Hammond, were.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 13:02 - Jun 6 with 3966 viewsIllinoisblue

Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 11:15 - Jun 6 by ParisBlue

Questions about his attitude, fitness etc according to MM.

Perhaps releasing him is what made him wake up. Aside from the initial loan spell at Woking he wasn't great elsewhere.

Good on him, another success for the Academy.

Mick basically called him out for being a fat bloater one pre-season didn't he?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 13:03 - Jun 6 with 3961 viewschicoazul

Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 08:25 - Jun 6 by BLUEBEAT

Hahahaha what

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 13:04 - Jun 6 with 3959 viewschicoazul

He was fat.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 13:11 - Jun 6 with 3913 viewsHerbivore

Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 11:20 - Jun 6 by itfcjoe

He got the handling of Marriott wrong, with the attitude to youngsters later in his reign there is no way Marriott wouldn't have had opportunities to prove himself here.

Both Mick and the club learned from it though - don't feel there is anyone who has been released without getting a fair crack of the whip like Marriott and in my view, Kyle Hammond, were.

Isn't Kyle Hammond at Leiston now?

I do wonder with Marriott whether a few more opportunities for us would have made much difference. He wouldn't have been first choice ahead of Didz or Murph and he then fell behind Sears top. I know Nouble and Sammon got some game time but they weren't really playing a comparable role to Marriott. At that time was he good enough to have done enough in fleeting appearances to have got a longer contract? He wasn't scoring on loan, sometimes not even playing. His first season with Luton he scored low double figures in League 2 and didn't always start. It's taken him 3-4 years since leaving us to get to the point where he might, just might, be able to make the step up to Championship level. Let's not forget that both Pitman and Moore scored goals for fun this season in League 1 too.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 13:13 - Jun 6 with 3903 viewsMattinLondon

Because MM favoured that utter donkey Nouble instead.
Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 13:51 - Jun 6 with 3838 viewsBryanPlug

Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 13:13 - Jun 6 by MattinLondon

Because MM favoured that utter donkey Nouble instead.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 13:51 - Jun 6 with 3834 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 11:20 - Jun 6 by itfcjoe

Marriott, Hammond, Blanchfield, Goteni, Bajner, Malarcyzk, Henahall, Connolly...

Many players haven’t been given a true crack of the whip, that’s because Mick saw them 5 days a week, week in week out. His judgement was a lot greater than mine and yours put together.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:59 - Jun 6 with 3809 viewsmarchy

Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 13:11 - Jun 6 by Herbivore

I do wonder with Marriott whether a few more opportunities for us would have made much difference. He wouldn't have been first choice ahead of Didz or Murph and he then fell behind Sears top. I know Nouble and Sammon got some game time but they weren't really playing a comparable role to Marriott. At that time was he good enough to have done enough in fleeting appearances to have got a longer contract? He wasn't scoring on loan, sometimes not even playing. His first season with Luton he scored low double figures in League 2 and didn't always start. It's taken him 3-4 years since leaving us to get to the point where he might, just might, be able to make the step up to Championship level. Let's not forget that both Pitman and Moore scored goals for fun this season in League 1 too.

Three months after he released Marriott Mick picked up Alabi, a year older and with an even less impressive career to date and, on paper, even less prospect of displacing a first-team strike-force. If I were a cynic I'd suggest it might relate to his height.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2018 14:02]
(No subject) (n/t) on 14:10 - Jun 6 with 3769 viewsHerbivore

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:59 - Jun 6 by marchy

Three months after he released Marriott Mick picked up Alabi, a year older and with an even less impressive career to date and, on paper, even less prospect of displacing a first-team strike-force. If I were a cynic I'd suggest it might relate to his height.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2018 14:02]

Cynic or fool, I'd suggest. He signed Sears and he's hardly a giant, Mick didn't tend to just sign big lumps (see also Celina, Fraser, Rowe, Stewart, AM-N). Alabi was signed mainly to play in the u23s and as a very cheap punt that might have come off. Marriott needed to move on to progress, he wasn't moving forward here.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 14:12 - Jun 6 with 3767 viewsitfcjoe

Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 13:11 - Jun 6 by Herbivore

I think so, he had a good season at Maldon and Tiptree where he was in the league team of the season but presumably has just looked to be more local to Ipswich now.

He was very unlucky though, doing both cruciates separately.

Also with regards to not getting opportunities, it isn't to say they would have made it here but that they had done enough to earn the opportunities and without a paralell universe it's impossible to see how it would have gone.

My main disappointment with Marriott is that he was a natural goalscorer, even when he made his debut vs Burnley on same day as Mings he came close to scoring twice as a second half substitute. He then didn't go on pre season tour because we took Chopra who subsequently had his contract settled within a couple of weeks of returning.

I'm not really going to go over it all again and bore everyone - but main point is that they had done enough to earn their opportunities, not that they would have definitely made it. A lot of players have done a lot less to earn an opportunity than them, and been given many more - and I am confident aht if those 2 were coming through at the latter end of Mick's reign and after the 5 point plan had been implemented and publicised they would have been given chances as it's clear the club has changed and not all of that is to do with the quality of player as those 2 would have been our best young pros here this season.

Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 14:14 - Jun 6 with 3757 viewsKieran_Knows

Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 14:12 - Jun 6 by itfcjoe

I think so, he had a good season at Maldon and Tiptree where he was in the league team of the season but presumably has just looked to be more local to Ipswich now.

He was very unlucky though, doing both cruciates separately.

Also with regards to not getting opportunities, it isn't to say they would have made it here but that they had done enough to earn the opportunities and without a paralell universe it's impossible to see how it would have gone.

My main disappointment with Marriott is that he was a natural goalscorer, even when he made his debut vs Burnley on same day as Mings he came close to scoring twice as a second half substitute. He then didn't go on pre season tour because we took Chopra who subsequently had his contract settled within a couple of weeks of returning.

I'm not really going to go over it all again and bore everyone - but main point is that they had done enough to earn their opportunities, not that they would have definitely made it. A lot of players have done a lot less to earn an opportunity than them, and been given many more - and I am confident aht if those 2 were coming through at the latter end of Mick's reign and after the 5 point plan had been implemented and publicised they would have been given chances as it's clear the club has changed and not all of that is to do with the quality of player as those 2 would have been our best young pros here this season.

Am I correct in saying Hammond was due to start a game, but then done his cruciate in the week leading up to the game? (or along those lines, am sure Texters has mentioned something like that before)

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 14:17 - Jun 6 with 3739 viewsitfcjoe

Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 14:14 - Jun 6 by Kieran_Knows

Am I correct in saying Hammond was due to start a game, but then done his cruciate in the week leading up to the game? (or along those lines, am sure Texters has mentioned something like that before)

No, I think he was due to start vs Brentford on opening day of 15-16 season but in the lead up to the game Mick changed his mind and decided to start Emmanuel as was worried about Hammond's size from set pieces (and we subsequently conceded from a corner in the 95th minute....!

I think but for his injuries he would have had a chance at another point

Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 14:18 - Jun 6 with 3730 viewsKieran_Knows

Marriott on the move again...£4.5m?? on 14:17 - Jun 6 by itfcjoe

No, I think he was due to start vs Brentford on opening day of 15-16 season but in the lead up to the game Mick changed his mind and decided to start Emmanuel as was worried about Hammond's size from set pieces (and we subsequently conceded from a corner in the 95th minute....!

I think but for his injuries he would have had a chance at another point

Ah, that sounds about right, thought it was something along those lines!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024