Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steak 19:52 - Jun 6 with 9810 viewsBurwell_Blue

Griddle Pan or George Foreman? Or is there some other way that I am missing out on?
Steak on 19:54 - Jun 6 with 4344 viewsHerbivore

Tofu steak on a griddle pan is the way forward.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Steak on 20:04 - Jun 6 with 4323 viewsfactual_blue

Pre-cooked heat in the sous-vide Brake Bros steak. Already cooked to either rare, medium or well-done.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Steak on 20:05 - Jun 6 with 4322 viewsJ2BLUE

Steak on 19:54 - Jun 6 by Herbivore

I'll pass thanks.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Steak on 20:06 - Jun 6 with 4318 viewswkj

Either or work, but unless you have a more expensive unit (ooh err) its hard to control the temp on a foreman. I have a griddle pan and prefer it ten fold- just whatever you do either way don't put the steak from the fridge onto heat, let it come up to temp a bit or you wont get an evan cook. Try to let the steak rest after its cooked to, if you cut a steak straight off the heat a lot of the protien juice (mistanken for blood) will pish out of the steak and youll have leathery slab of meat.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Steak on 20:07 - Jun 6 with 4308 viewswkj

Steak on 20:04 - Jun 6 by factual_blue

Pre-cooked heat in the sous-vide Brake Bros steak. Already cooked to either rare, medium or well-done.

correction cooked to no more than medium... ever... no matter what- to me over medium rare is a travesty, just go out and get some jerky.

Crybaby

Steak on 20:08 - Jun 6 with 4305 viewsDubtractor

Steak on 19:54 - Jun 6 by Herbivore

I have admiration/respect for anyone following a vegan diet, but don't talk soft.

Tofu steak FFS.

Slices of courgette, coated in olive oil, chilli and black pepper, cooked on a hot BBQ - yes please.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Steak on 20:10 - Jun 6 with 4293 viewsbrogansnose

BBQ, failing that griddle pan. BBQ gives it that unmistakeable char and smokey essence.

Have you tried that Argentinian steak house Cau almost next door to the Corn Exchange (Cambridge) ? They do their steaks outside on a Green Egg BBQ.
Steak on 20:12 - Jun 6 with 4281 viewsjeera

George Foreman grill!?

Aren't those some kind of larger cheese sandwich toastie thing?

Why would you do that to your food?

Are you *insert a poster's name here* in disguise??

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Steak on 20:12 - Jun 6 with 4279 viewswkj

Steak on 20:10 - Jun 6 by brogansnose

BBQ, failing that griddle pan. BBQ gives it that unmistakeable char and smokey essence.

Have you tried that Argentinian steak house Cau almost next door to the Corn Exchange (Cambridge) ? They do their steaks outside on a Green Egg BBQ.

I like grilling steak on the BBQ too, just make sure you don't stick it directly over the coals or you'll be chewing on dot cotton's cheeks for dinner - I am a little bit of a meat fanatic (sorry virgitarians)
[Post edited 6 Jun 2018 20:16]

Crybaby

Steak on 20:13 - Jun 6 with 4276 viewsBurwell_Blue

I have not, although I have made a mental note now thanks.

I have been to the Smokeworks around the corner a couple of times and I have my mind set on the hot wings challenge at Rockers next time out.
Steak on 20:13 - Jun 6 with 4269 viewsSpruceMoose

Steak on 20:12 - Jun 6 by wkj

I like grilling steak on the BBQ too, just make sure you don't stick it directly over the coals or you'll be chewing on dot cotton's cheeks for dinner - I am a little bit of a meat fanatic (sorry virgitarians)
[Post edited 6 Jun 2018 20:16]

Yeah, it'll never cook over the cold bit.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Steak on 20:13 - Jun 6 with 4267 viewsJ2BLUE

Steak on 20:12 - Jun 6 by jeera

George Foreman grill!?

You don't have a George Foreman grill? WTF? They are a kitchen essential.

Truly impaired.

Steak on 20:14 - Jun 6 with 4265 viewswkj

Steak on 20:12 - Jun 6 by jeera

George Foreman grill!?

To be fair foremans are really really good, if you can control the temperature- i often do my bacon in the foreman as it saves having grease spit all over my cook top, naturlly any run off from the bacon gets added to mayonaise and served with salad later on

Crybaby

Steak on 20:14 - Jun 6 with 4260 viewsSpruceMoose

Steak on 20:14 - Jun 6 by wkj

To be fair foremans are really really good, if you can control the temperature- i often do my bacon in the foreman as it saves having grease spit all over my cook top, naturlly any run off from the bacon gets added to mayonaise and served with salad later on

What you really want is a bacon and mayo smoothie. Food of the short lived Gods.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Steak on 20:15 - Jun 6 with 4259 viewswkj

Steak on 20:14 - Jun 6 by SpruceMoose

What you really want is a bacon and mayo smoothie. Food of the short lived Gods.

Sir I believe where you are at that is called a salad

Crybaby

Steak on 20:15 - Jun 6 with 4251 viewsFunge

That Cau place is well decent Brogs.

Went there a while back and had some 300g steak with some very fine Argie wine; fully pleasing.

Then went to some dodgy Cambridge beerhouse (maybe, er, The Beer House?) where I stumbled onto some obscure Oxbridge w@nk session in the private room.

Cambridge is an odd night out.
Steak on 20:17 - Jun 6 with 4249 viewswkj

Steak on 20:15 - Jun 6 by Funge

That Cau place is well decent Brogs.

Went there a while back and had some 300g steak with some very fine Argie wine; fully pleasing.

Then went to some dodgy Cambridge beerhouse (maybe, er, The Beer House?) where I stumbled onto some obscure Oxbridge w@nk session in the private room.

Cambridge is an odd night out.

Im going to have to try that, I am a pretty avid smoker/griller and always appreciate someone who can do it better

Crybaby

Steak on 20:18 - Jun 6 with 4241 viewsSpruceMoose

Steak on 20:15 - Jun 6 by wkj

Sir I believe where you are at that is called a salad

Everything is a salad if there's mayo on it.

Steak on 20:19 - Jun 6 with 4237 viewsJ2BLUE

Steak on 20:14 - Jun 6 by wkj

There you go Spruce. That's how I cook my bacon. I feel strong enough standing side by side with brother wkj to reveal the truth.

Truly impaired.

Steak on 20:20 - Jun 6 with 4224 viewswkj

Steak on 20:18 - Jun 6 by SpruceMoose

Everything is a salad if there's mayo on it.

I used to hate mayo growing up, now I eat much of it, and my cholesterole is better than ever (go figure) I eat minimal sugar and flour based foods and that seems to have had more effect on my cholesterole than cutting fats does... weird no?

Crybaby

Steak on 20:20 - Jun 6 with 4223 viewsSpruceMoose

Steak on 20:17 - Jun 6 by wkj

Im going to have to try that, I am a pretty avid smoker/griller and always appreciate someone who can do it better

The trick is to make sure the steak is an evenly cooked brown cooked all the way through. Pressing down firmly with a spatula while it is cooking will help you achieve this.

Steak on 20:21 - Jun 6 with 4213 viewswkj

Steak on 20:19 - Jun 6 by J2BLUE

There you go Spruce. That's how I cook my bacon. I feel strong enough standing side by side with brother wkj to reveal the truth.

Yeah, but do you do your eggs on it? I must admit I have done an omlette on the foreman when my stove packed in and it didnt turn out at all bad.

Crybaby

Steak on 20:21 - Jun 6 with 4211 viewsHerbivore

Steak on 20:08 - Jun 6 by Dubtractor

I have admiration/respect for anyone following a vegan diet, but don't talk soft.

Tofu steak FFS.

Slices of courgette, coated in olive oil, chilli and black pepper, cooked on a hot BBQ - yes please.

Tofu is good if you know how to prepare and cook it properly.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Steak on 20:22 - Jun 6 with 4210 viewsJ2BLUE

Steak on 20:20 - Jun 6 by wkj

I used to hate mayo growing up, now I eat much of it, and my cholesterole is better than ever (go figure) I eat minimal sugar and flour based foods and that seems to have had more effect on my cholesterole than cutting fats does... weird no?

Quite consistent with what many people have found. There are a few books on this. I think one is called The Great Cholesterol Con.

Truly impaired.

Steak on 20:22 - Jun 6 with 4210 viewsSpruceMoose

Steak on 20:19 - Jun 6 by J2BLUE

You are both diminished in my eyes.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024