Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wembley parking 13:08 - Jun 8 with 4266 viewsitfcjoe

I know this has been done a number of times on here but.....

Going to a concert at Wembley on Thursday. Isn't due to finish until 11pm so ideally I need to park somewhere which will get me home quickest way. I usually head round to Uxbridge but that is going to be too far round.

Aiming to get up there about 2pm for a bit of food somewhere before heading to Wembley

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Wembley parking on 13:09 - Jun 8 with 4252 viewsCitrixBlue

I'll get it out of the way now; have you tried Gatwick Airport?
Wembley parking on 13:15 - Jun 8 with 4226 viewsRadlett_blue

Stanmore would be more convenient - only 4 stops on the Jubilee from Wembley Park, although the station car park can fill up, especially if it's a big event at Wembley.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Wembley parking on 13:24 - Jun 8 with 4201 viewsEly_Blue

Whichever option you take your biggest issue is going to be the 45 minute to 1 hour it will take you to get back to Wembley Park tube after you leave the stadium that’s how long it took me last Saturday after the England game.

A better suggestion may be one of the stations on the lines from Wembley stadium or Wembley Central

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Wembley parking on 13:25 - Jun 8 with 4198 viewsSouperJim

I don't think there is a stand out "quickest way". All the searching around I did led me to the conclusion that on-site car parks and a 90 minute wait to leave was likely to be not significantly slower than any of the far more complex/stressful park-here-and-tube-there options.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Wembley parking on 13:27 - Jun 8 with 4188 viewsRadlett_blue

Wembley parking on 13:24 - Jun 8 by Ely_Blue

Whichever option you take your biggest issue is going to be the 45 minute to 1 hour it will take you to get back to Wembley Park tube after you leave the stadium that’s how long it took me last Saturday after the England game.

A better suggestion may be one of the stations on the lines from Wembley stadium or Wembley Central

Yeah, I presume you're going to Ed Sheeran & assuming that will be near to a sell-out getting into Wembley Park afterwards will be hell, unless you leave before the "encore".
the car park at Stanmore will fill up so you'll have to give one of the locals a tenner to park on their drive. Probably better options elsewhere, as Ely says. I think others on here have used Harrow & Wealdstone, which you access from Wembley Central.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2018 13:31]

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Wembley parking on 13:34 - Jun 8 with 4163 viewsHoppersblue10

Wembley parking on 13:15 - Jun 8 by Radlett_blue

Stanmore would be more convenient - only 4 stops on the Jubilee from Wembley Park, although the station car park can fill up, especially if it's a big event at Wembley.

I have done "Stanmore" a number of times, also used with this parkatmyhouse.com, plenty in the scheme around the Stanmore area.
Not sure it is that much quicker but it is far less stressful and you are on the move all the time as most of the post event traffic heads back toward the city. 👍🏻👍🏻

Poll: Who do you want to win on Sunday?

Wembley parking on 13:57 - Jun 8 with 4129 viewslinhdi

Wembley parking on 13:34 - Jun 8 by Hoppersblue10

I have done "Stanmore" a number of times, also used with this parkatmyhouse.com, plenty in the scheme around the Stanmore area.
Not sure it is that much quicker but it is far less stressful and you are on the move all the time as most of the post event traffic heads back toward the city. 👍🏻👍🏻

Loads of free street parking at Canons Park (Jubilee line) and very quick out to the A1 too. Doesn't avoid the queue at Wembley Park though.

Other options include parking just outside the Wembley CPZ and doing the half hour walk. Sudbury Town and Preston Road areas are good, and there are regular buses to the stadium area from both. (NB the walk to / from Preston Road is a bit hilly)
Wembley parking on 14:12 - Jun 8 with 4113 viewsGlebeTractor

I'm going to the same concert....

Parking at Newbury Park, 5 quid parking all day, tube up there, will easily get back to N.P.

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

Login to get fewer ads

Wembley parking on 14:15 - Jun 8 with 4110 viewsBrianTablet

Wembley parking on 13:09 - Jun 8 by CitrixBlue

I'll get it out of the way now; have you tried Gatwick Airport?

Leicester on a Sunday is the people's choice.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Wembley parking on 14:16 - Jun 8 with 4107 viewsGlebeTractor

Wembley parking on 14:12 - Jun 8 by GlebeTractor

I'm going to the same concert....

Parking at Newbury Park, 5 quid parking all day, tube up there, will easily get back to N.P.

Wembley Park Underground Station at 23:28via Metropolitan line to Liverpool Street
Metropolitan line to Liverpool Street

Journey time: 28 min View stops
Step 2
DepartLiverpool Street Underground Station at 00:01via Central line to Newbury Park
Central line to Newbury Park

Journey time: 23 min View stops

Arrive atNewbury Park Underground Station at 00:24 Newbury Park Underground Station

Trains running down to Newbury until around midnight.

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

Wembley parking on 15:49 - Jun 8 with 4054 viewsitfcjoe

Wembley parking on 13:57 - Jun 8 by linhdi

Loads of free street parking at Canons Park (Jubilee line) and very quick out to the A1 too. Doesn't avoid the queue at Wembley Park though.

Other options include parking just outside the Wembley CPZ and doing the half hour walk. Sudbury Town and Preston Road areas are good, and there are regular buses to the stadium area from both. (NB the walk to / from Preston Road is a bit hilly)

Thanks for this - do worry about the hills as wife is pregnant and we will have been standing for a long time.

I didn't realise how late it was going to finish when doors open at 5pm....!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Wembley parking on 16:20 - Jun 8 with 4036 viewsPinewoodblue

https://www.justpark.com/

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Wembley parking on 16:28 - Jun 8 with 4026 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Wembley parking on 16:20 - Jun 8 by Pinewoodblue

https://www.justpark.com/

Ms and ms Slave have used this on Friday and appear to have a driveway about 20 to 30 minute walk away for about £10 I think.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Wembley parking on 16:42 - Jun 8 with 4012 viewsJon_456

Wembley parking on 16:28 - Jun 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

Ms and ms Slave have used this on Friday and appear to have a driveway about 20 to 30 minute walk away for about £10 I think.

100% the best option. Use it all the time now for any long away days we drive.

Went to the England game Saturday, parked at a house 5-10 min walk away from the stadium, left at full time and got a clear get away without any queueing to get out of big car parks / main roads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024