Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... 19:19 - Jun 8 with 3583 viewsSpruceMoose

...on how Big Sam could have been leading us out there.

Dodged a bullet there, thanks to his greedy flapping gums.

Surely this is something all of us on TWTD can agree on for once.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2018 19:21]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 19:29 - Jun 8 with 3073 viewsSuperblue95

He and his style of football may not be popular on here but I genuinely think he would have got England to a respectable stage of the competition
[Post edited 8 Jun 2018 19:30]

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 19:31 - Jun 8 with 3064 viewsSpruceMoose

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 19:29 - Jun 8 by Superblue95

He and his style of football may not be popular on here but I genuinely think he would have got England to a respectable stage of the competition

I take it back. We can't agree on anything!

If TWTD were a marriage I would have been cheatin' on yo a$$es for months now.

TWTD, you no longer satisfy me.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2018 19:32]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 19:32 - Jun 8 with 3062 viewsDubtractor

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 19:29 - Jun 8 by Superblue95

On what basis do you say that?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 19:34 - Jun 8 with 3050 viewsJ2BLUE

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 19:31 - Jun 8 by SpruceMoose

I take it back. We can't agree on anything!

If TWTD were a marriage I would have been cheatin' on yo a$$es for months now.

TWTD, you no longer satisfy me.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2018 19:32]

Good, say you're going to the shop and never come back.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 19:35 - Jun 8 with 3046 viewsSpruceMoose

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 19:34 - Jun 8 by J2BLUE

Good, say you're going to the shop and never come back.

TWTD will never take you from me alive, my son.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2018 19:36]

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 19:39 - Jun 8 with 3032 viewsJ2BLUE

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 19:35 - Jun 8 by SpruceMoose

TWTD will never take you from me alive, my son.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2018 19:36]

*adds to ignore list*

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 19:41 - Jun 8 with 3020 viewsSpruceMoose

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 19:39 - Jun 8 by J2BLUE

*adds to ignore list*

You're just acting out in a desperate cry for help. Quite common for latchkey kids from broken homes. It's not your fault son. Don't let Phil ever tell you otherwise.

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 19:43 - Jun 8 with 3016 viewsSuperblue95

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 19:32 - Jun 8 by Dubtractor

On what basis do you say that?

Generally gets his teams solid and playing well (albeit largely by hoofing) and most importantly his sides work as an effective team, which is often lacking in England teams.

Can't imagine he would have felt much pressure in a World Cup as he has a lot of self confidence and that would hopefully have passed on to the players.

Would have been quarter finalists at least

Login to get fewer ads

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 19:52 - Jun 8 with 2992 viewsDubtractor

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 19:43 - Jun 8 by Superblue95

Generally gets his teams solid and playing well (albeit largely by hoofing) and most importantly his sides work as an effective team, which is often lacking in England teams.

Can't imagine he would have felt much pressure in a World Cup as he has a lot of self confidence and that would hopefully have passed on to the players.

Would have been quarter finalists at least

Maybe I'm being unfair, but all I think of with Allardyce teams is being tough to beat and ending in mediocre positions. Has he ever won a cup? Or had many runs in cups?

Having just checked his stats, he has never won a cup, and generally loses as many games as he wins.

[Post edited 8 Jun 2018 19:55]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 20:01 - Jun 8 with 2965 viewsWestSussexBlue

I’ve never been patriotic towards England even under Sir Bob I couldn’t care, however I really do like Southgate and hope he does well. If it’s a poor WC and we fail to make the Quarterfinals I really hope the FA stick with him though and we build and move forward.
On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 20:02 - Jun 8 with 2961 viewsvapour_trail

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 19:52 - Jun 8 by Dubtractor

Maybe I'm being unfair, but all I think of with Allardyce teams is being tough to beat and ending in mediocre positions. Has he ever won a cup? Or had many runs in cups?

Having just checked his stats, he has never won a cup, and generally loses as many games as he wins.

In over a quarter of a century of management the fat fook has won sweet fook all.

The thought of Sam watching Southgate do his pre World Cup pressers makes me smile.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 20:03 - Jun 8 with 2957 viewsSpruceMoose

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 20:02 - Jun 8 by vapour_trail

In over a quarter of a century of management the fat fook has won sweet fook all.

The thought of Sam watching Southgate do his pre World Cup pressers makes me smile.

Although I guess his six million quid payoff from Everton might lessen that blow somewhat.

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 20:08 - Jun 8 with 2941 viewsSpruceMoose

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 19:52 - Jun 8 by Dubtractor

It is impossible to be too unfair to that man.

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 20:10 - Jun 8 with 2938 viewsDubtractor

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 20:08 - Jun 8 by SpruceMoose

It is impossible to be too unfair to that man.

No, probably not.

The fat greedy cum sock.

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 20:11 - Jun 8 with 2934 viewsSpruceMoose

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 20:10 - Jun 8 by Dubtractor

No, probably not.

The fat greedy cum sock.

I wish you talked that way in meetings.

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 20:13 - Jun 8 with 2930 viewsSuperblue95

He has always managed crap teams to be fair but I can see I'm fighting a losing battle and I really don't care enough to really defend the mans credentials

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 20:15 - Jun 8 with 2927 viewsSpruceMoose

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 20:13 - Jun 8 by Superblue95

He has always managed crap teams to be fair but I can see I'm fighting a losing battle and I really don't care enough to really defend the mans credentials

I know what you're saying. He's like a fancy Mick McCarthy. Seems like a twunk, but will have your team solid enough in no time at all.

Doesn't half love himself though.

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 20:18 - Jun 8 with 2922 viewsHennikerBlu

Southgate is the right fit for England. With St Georges Park and the excellent progress of the youth sides, it is about consistent coaching, developing a system and a style of play that players can slip into regardless of who is available. Especially with the view that English players at the top level are becoming rarer. In 'some' cases are often playing far less games than their predecessors as well as being in and out of their club side.

As for Sam, I think he would have done ok, but always reminds me of a Mike Bassett type character. I seem to remember his Bolton side playing some decent football. Good steady club manager without doubt and did a good job to stabilise Everton.
On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 20:18 - Jun 8 with 2920 viewsSuperblue95

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 20:15 - Jun 8 by SpruceMoose

I know what you're saying. He's like a fancy Mick McCarthy. Seems like a twunk, but will have your team solid enough in no time at all.

Doesn't half love himself though.

Well nobody can ever take away his stat of having the best record of any England manager ever

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 20:20 - Jun 8 with 2912 viewsSpruceMoose

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 20:18 - Jun 8 by HennikerBlu

Southgate is the right fit for England. With St Georges Park and the excellent progress of the youth sides, it is about consistent coaching, developing a system and a style of play that players can slip into regardless of who is available. Especially with the view that English players at the top level are becoming rarer. In 'some' cases are often playing far less games than their predecessors as well as being in and out of their club side.

As for Sam, I think he would have done ok, but always reminds me of a Mike Bassett type character. I seem to remember his Bolton side playing some decent football. Good steady club manager without doubt and did a good job to stabilise Everton.

Was he in charge when they were playing the likes of Jay Jay Okocha?

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 20:23 - Jun 8 with 2908 viewswkj

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 20:10 - Jun 8 by Dubtractor

No, probably not.

The fat greedy cum sock.

I think that wins insult of the year

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 21:01 - Jun 8 with 2851 viewsITFC_Forever

I wouldn’t have seen a second if it if that moron had been in charge.

Vowed not to watch any England game while he was in charge, although even I, as one of his harshest critics, was astonished quite how little time he was in charge. Only missed one England game, whereas as I was fully prepared to watch this World Cup minus the England bits.

I genuinely think England will get to the Quarters under Southgate, but when we play one of the big names (Brazil / Germany etc), we will come unstuck.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 21:28 - Jun 8 with 2807 viewsvapour_trail

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 20:20 - Jun 8 by SpruceMoose

Was he in charge when they were playing the likes of Jay Jay Okocha?

Correct, he built a really good team there to be fair, jj along with campo, stelios and djorkaeff who was a wonderful player to watch.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 21:33 - Jun 8 with 2801 viewssolemio

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 20:01 - Jun 8 by WestSussexBlue

I’ve never been patriotic towards England even under Sir Bob I couldn’t care, however I really do like Southgate and hope he does well. If it’s a poor WC and we fail to make the Quarterfinals I really hope the FA stick with him though and we build and move forward.

This seems to imply that you didn't like Sir Robert Robson.

I'm sure that wasn't the case. However if it was please disappear and never return.
On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 21:37 - Jun 8 with 2791 viewsHennikerBlu

On the eve of the world cup... let us all take a moment to reflect... on 21:28 - Jun 8 by vapour_trail

Correct, he built a really good team there to be fair, jj along with campo, stelios and djorkaeff who was a wonderful player to watch.

Beat me to the answer, I agree.

Played us down here in the cup, different class from memory and it was attractive to watch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024