Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Norwich exodus about to begin 12:16 - Jun 11 with 12423 viewsDanFord

Josh Murphy to Cardiff for £11m. The Budgies will no doubt have a large chunk of money to play with once he's gone and Maddison moves on. Mind you, they would have had just as much of a chunk last year. This really feels like a seminal moment in their future. If they get rid of their few talented players and don't replace them shrewdly (looks like they are picking up players from the lower leagues in Germany and Spain) rather than England, then they really could be in trouble. Lovely!

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

The Norwich exodus about to begin on 12:22 - Jun 11 with 8364 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Can you remember what the brother went for, was it £13 million. If so they’ve got a good deal on Josh because I thought Jacob was miles better. Don’t really like importing from abroad, the Premier League not too bad but very few continental can cope with the English lower league culture, get bullied around really. Look at that Saiz from Leeds, good player but ending up spitting someone, too many antics.

Maddison will be gone, Gunn won’t be back, Murphy now going, losing all their young English talent. Shame.... NOT!!!!!!!

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

The Norwich exodus about to begin on 12:24 - Jun 11 with 8340 viewsitfcjoe

They are lucky to have some sellable assets, but it is important to invest any receipts wisely with regards to their long term future.

In reality they are losing their 2 best players from last season in Maddison and Gunn, and losing Murphy on top of this will also be tough to take.

It leaves them with some funds, but a large chunk of these will be set aside to help manage the transition to a smaller budget but with some big holes in the team.

I personally think Farke isn't the right choice to lead this, and that the 2nd division German players didn't really work for them last year - could see him getting the boot by Christmas and them panicking and struggling

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The Norwich exodus about to begin on 12:26 - Jun 11 with 8321 viewsDanFord

The Norwich exodus about to begin on 12:22 - Jun 11 by TheTrueBlue1878

Can you remember what the brother went for, was it £13 million. If so they’ve got a good deal on Josh because I thought Jacob was miles better. Don’t really like importing from abroad, the Premier League not too bad but very few continental can cope with the English lower league culture, get bullied around really. Look at that Saiz from Leeds, good player but ending up spitting someone, too many antics.

Maddison will be gone, Gunn won’t be back, Murphy now going, losing all their young English talent. Shame.... NOT!!!!!!!

Not sure Saiz spitting at some one is the best argument for all those from abroad must be rubbish. Lol. But it does feel like Norwich would be best served following the Brentford route of replacing proven players like Hogan with the next Hogan, like they did with Watkins from Exeter for a few million. I don't know if they are paying fees but it looks like they are picking up out of contract players from second tiers in other countries. They may have some success with this, but they did so last year and I don't think that produced two many players that look like they'll be top Championship players like Maddison. Interestingly, Maddison was a signing they should be making now, a talented player from the lower leagues for a few million of the fee they are getting for Murphy, where they can pocket the majority of it.

The Norwich exodus about to begin on 12:27 - Jun 11 with 8299 viewsDanFord

The Norwich exodus about to begin on 12:24 - Jun 11 by itfcjoe

They are lucky to have some sellable assets, but it is important to invest any receipts wisely with regards to their long term future.

In reality they are losing their 2 best players from last season in Maddison and Gunn, and losing Murphy on top of this will also be tough to take.

It leaves them with some funds, but a large chunk of these will be set aside to help manage the transition to a smaller budget but with some big holes in the team.

I personally think Farke isn't the right choice to lead this, and that the 2nd division German players didn't really work for them last year - could see him getting the boot by Christmas and them panicking and struggling

Oh I do hope so. Hopefully he can instead keep them in that middle bit where they are a good run off the playoffs, so that they don't sack him but he continues to ruin the squad. Then they can have a nice late season collapse and let the new guy come in with nothing to invest.

The Norwich exodus about to begin on 12:27 - Jun 11 with 8289 viewsITFCBlues

11m for Murphy is cracking business. Although, you’d think that’s heavily instalment / incentive related. Seems a lot for a player that was fairly average last season of not.

However, they’re not likely to have huge amounts of money to play with as the below suggests a 20m hole that needs plugging

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/as-aston-villa-stumble-have-you-got-th

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

They have no choice but to sell.... on 12:30 - Jun 11 with 8261 viewsBloots

...their assets.

They have a hole in their finances that is 3 or 4 times the size of ours, but they have nobody to plug the gap.

I saw their ex CEO was slating them on twitter recently, saying that the club was rubbish and that they were in financial meltdown.

Doubt they will invest more than 25% of any fees they receive for Murphy and Maddison and that won't be enough to turn round their fortunes. We shouldn't forget that they finished below us last season, a season that saw us sacking our manager and spending less than £1M on new recruits.

Expect Farke will be gone in relatively short time.

#farkelife
[Post edited 11 Jun 2018 12:31]

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

The Norwich exodus about to begin on 12:32 - Jun 11 with 8240 viewsJ2BLUE

So basically, for all our gloating, they are going to receive enough to cover their shortfall and still invest quite a bit into their team. We can hope it’s wasted but they always seem to stumble into success at just the right time. I hope they waste millions on crap players and are significantly worse than last season but it’s not a foregone conclusion.

Hopefully they don’t have anyone else to sell for that kind of fee?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The shortfall is £25M to £30M. (n/t) on 12:34 - Jun 11 with 8209 viewsBloots

The Norwich exodus about to begin on 12:32 - Jun 11 by J2BLUE

So basically, for all our gloating, they are going to receive enough to cover their shortfall and still invest quite a bit into their team. We can hope it’s wasted but they always seem to stumble into success at just the right time. I hope they waste millions on crap players and are significantly worse than last season but it’s not a foregone conclusion.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Login to get fewer ads

The Norwich exodus about to begin on 12:37 - Jun 11 with 8188 viewsMuncher

As well as plugging the hole for this season, they will be needing to set aside money for next season, as they will have a huge shortfall there too assuming they don't get promoted.
The Norwich exodus about to begin on 12:38 - Jun 11 with 8179 viewsITFCBlues

The Norwich exodus about to begin on 12:24 - Jun 11 by itfcjoe

Their local press are insinuating that a finish of mid-table next season would represent a good season. I think they’re fully aware that they could be in trouble with the lower league foreign gamble that they’re taking. They also have a lack of home nation players now that I believe needs resolving as you need a set number within your squad?

Next season they’re banking on having a clean slate with all their High earners then off of the wage bill and a proper chance to then rebuild.

Interested to know how they'll keep their category 1 academy open when they’re skint...

The shortfall is £25M to £30M. (n/t) on 12:38 - Jun 11 with 8177 viewsJ2BLUE

The shortfall is £25M to £30M. (n/t) on 12:34 - Jun 11 by Bloots

£11m plus Maddison.

Well over £25m.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The shortfall is £25M to £30M. (n/t) on 12:42 - Jun 11 with 8128 viewsITFCBlues

The shortfall is £25M to £30M. (n/t) on 12:38 - Jun 11 by J2BLUE

£11m plus Maddison.

Well over £25m.

I think the shortfall is 20m. But neither of those fees will be paid up front.

As I side, I find it hard to believe they’ll get 11m for Murphy up front! Suspect a lot of it will depend on how Cardiff perform

The Norwich exodus about to begin on 12:43 - Jun 11 with 8111 viewsITFCBlues

The Norwich exodus about to begin on 12:37 - Jun 11 by Muncher

As well as plugging the hole for this season, they will be needing to set aside money for next season, as they will have a huge shortfall there too assuming they don't get promoted.

A lot of their high Premiership wage earners are out of contract next season so not as big of an issue.

The Norwich exodus about to begin on 12:46 - Jun 11 with 8095 viewsPinewoodblue

The Norwich exodus about to begin on 12:27 - Jun 11 by ITFCBlues

11m for Murphy is cracking business. Although, you’d think that’s heavily instalment / incentive related. Seems a lot for a player that was fairly average last season of not.

However, they’re not likely to have huge amounts of money to play with as the below suggests a 20m hole that needs plugging

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/as-aston-villa-stumble-have-you-got-th

Not one mention of Ipswich ...how times have changed. Like the thought that Budgie fans are pondering how they managed to finish below Millwall & Brentford, perhaps they accept they should finish below Town.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The shortfall is £25M to £30M. (n/t) on 13:09 - Jun 11 with 7899 viewsBasuco

The shortfall is £25M to £30M. (n/t) on 12:38 - Jun 11 by J2BLUE

£11m plus Maddison.

Well over £25m.

The fee for Maddison is dependent on his recovery from that knee injury, if he starts the season then they will get a good fee but if recovery drags on then it could be quite low.
The shortfall is £25M to £30M. (n/t) on 13:20 - Jun 11 with 7801 viewsFreddy

The shortfall is £25M to £30M. (n/t) on 13:09 - Jun 11 by Basuco

The fee for Maddison is dependent on his recovery from that knee injury, if he starts the season then they will get a good fee but if recovery drags on then it could be quite low.

They say that Everton & Leicester have already agreed a fee for Maddison close to 25m Surprised they got 11m for Josh Murphy as always thought the other Murphy was better and they got 12m for him.

According to their forum, just Oliviera to sell, and 3 who were out on loan, to get rid of.
The Norwich exodus about to begin on 13:51 - Jun 11 with 7547 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

They can't keep rolling the dice and getting straight 6 after 6.

Everything goes around in circles and they are on a downward spiral, Delia will never sell up. When she has to give up it's going straight to her nephew.

I wouldn't trust Ed Balls with £10 of my own money, let alone running a football club.

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

The shortfall is £25M to £30M. (n/t) on 13:55 - Jun 11 with 7500 viewslinhdi

The shortfall is £25M to £30M. (n/t) on 13:20 - Jun 11 by Freddy

They say that Everton & Leicester have already agreed a fee for Maddison close to 25m Surprised they got 11m for Josh Murphy as always thought the other Murphy was better and they got 12m for him.

According to their forum, just Oliviera to sell, and 3 who were out on loan, to get rid of.

They'll make £40m if Maddison goes / passes a medical. Probably about two thirds up front, rest as add ons. But even that two-thirds won't come in as day one cash. Normally it would be paid over more than a year. So, it looks like the gap is plugged for a year, with maybe a tiny bit to spend on new players, but they are losing the only decent players in their squad.
The shortfall is £25M to £30M. (n/t) on 14:00 - Jun 11 with 7455 viewsSuperfrans

If he starts the season, they won't be able to sell him as the window will have closed (it closes on August 9th this summer). They'll be left trying to sell him in January.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

The shortfall is £25M to £30M. (n/t) on 14:45 - Jun 11 with 7199 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Pretty sure he was only out for a matter of weeks so has probably been given a clean bill of health by now.

All this talk of Naarwich imploding has me a little nervous as if they do manage to offload, Naismith, Martin, Oliveira and sell Maddison for a decent fee, they could actually invest some conservative amounts & make a decent squad as defensively they were sound (for the most part) last season, but couldn't score. A slight change in system & Personnel and they could be half decent.

I can't see it happening with Farke, but he may just stumble upon something that works
The shortfall is £25M to £30M. (n/t) on 14:48 - Jun 11 with 7176 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

The shortfall is £25M to £30M. (n/t) on 13:55 - Jun 11 by linhdi

They'll make £40m if Maddison goes / passes a medical. Probably about two thirds up front, rest as add ons. But even that two-thirds won't come in as day one cash. Normally it would be paid over more than a year. So, it looks like the gap is plugged for a year, with maybe a tiny bit to spend on new players, but they are losing the only decent players in their squad.

I remember a lot of people said Fulham would be rubbish when they sold McCormack, "They're only good player etc.")
but what actually happened was they began focusing on the other 10 players in the side and they started playing decent football.

Don't think Farke has shown enough for anyone to believe he can turn them into a force, but without Maddison they may have to use a different system, that could benefit some of their German 4th tier signings.
The shortfall is £25M to £30M. (n/t) on 14:53 - Jun 11 with 7142 viewslinhdi

The shortfall is £25M to £30M. (n/t) on 14:48 - Jun 11 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I remember a lot of people said Fulham would be rubbish when they sold McCormack, "They're only good player etc.")
but what actually happened was they began focusing on the other 10 players in the side and they started playing decent football.

Don't think Farke has shown enough for anyone to believe he can turn them into a force, but without Maddison they may have to use a different system, that could benefit some of their German 4th tier signings.

Fair comment. I don't watch them much, of course, so I was basing my views on their performances v us.
The shortfall is £25M to £30M. (n/t) on 15:08 - Jun 11 with 7060 viewsSuperfrans

The shortfall is £25M to £30M. (n/t) on 13:55 - Jun 11 by linhdi

You think Maddison will go for £28m? Surely not, he's nowhere near that good.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

The Norwich exodus about to begin on 15:14 - Jun 11 with 7037 viewsDeano69

The Norwich exodus about to begin on 12:43 - Jun 11 by ITFCBlues

A lot of their high Premiership wage earners are out of contract next season so not as big of an issue.

So will they have enough players for a squad, or have to go buy/loan/pay wages?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

The Norwich exodus about to begin on 16:13 - Jun 11 with 6852 viewsArnieM

The Norwich exodus about to begin on 12:27 - Jun 11 by ITFCBlues

Problem is these transfer fees aren’t often paid in full and up front are they!
Plus there is minimal guarantee that much of this income will go to the manager, as they try to manage without the benefits PL parachute failure money! Shame..

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024