Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lost a real family and football man today 19:07 - Jun 11 with 1600 viewsStowTractorBoy

Sadly a good pal of mine Richard Friend who will be well known to many in the Stowmarket locality and indeed in the surrounding area has died. Richard was a real football man playing for Stowmarket Town and Haughley United and also managed Haughley. He was an Ipswich Town season ticket holder of late and has fought cancer with great dignity for some time now. Only a couple of weeks ago he was in good spirits but sadly this ghastly disease beat him. A really top bloke who will be sadly missed by his family and the footballing fraternity. RIP mate.
Lost a real family and football man today on 19:17 - Jun 11 with 1535 viewsclive_baker

Blimey, that’s terribly sad. Must’ve been 15 years since I saw him at least but I know his son.

RIP

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Lost a real family and football man today on 19:20 - Jun 11 with 1514 viewsBlue_Order

Sorry for your loss, mate.

RIP.
Lost a real family and football man today on 19:25 - Jun 11 with 1500 viewsbluefunk

I played with Richard when he was starting out at Stowupland and later Haughley - hadn’t seen him for many years after I moved away but I remember him well - very very sad to hear of his passing
Lost a real family and football man today on 22:40 - Jun 11 with 1271 viewshaughleyblue74

Sat near Richard at Portman road and always wanted to know how Haughley were getting on, top man who loved football both local and ITFC. Will be sadly missed.
Lost a real family and football man today on 22:53 - Jun 11 with 1238 viewsjeera

Sorry to hear this.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024