Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dean Henderson signing a new deal at Man Ure 21:32 - Jun 11 with 2060 viewsitfcjoe

A shame, thought we could have targeted him as Bart's replacement - not on a loan though so on that basis he is out for me.

Personally I think it is a poor decision, him getting out as a number 1 in this league permanently would have been wise

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dean Henderson signing a new deal at Man Ure on 21:42 - Jun 11 with 2017 viewstextbackup

The £30k he gets weekly and learning from the best keeper in the world for another season probably swayed him

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Dean Henderson signing a new deal at Man Ure on 21:44 - Jun 11 with 1996 viewsSmithy

Barts going nowhere, will sign his new deal before start of season

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Dean Henderson signing a new deal at Man Ure on 21:59 - Jun 11 with 1946 viewsParisBlue

He'll be 3rd or 4th choice at Man Utd, so will go on loan somewhere and every chance that'll be in the Championship.

May follow a similar path to Sam Johnstone who is under contract until next summer when he will be 26.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Dean Henderson signing a new deal at Man Ure on 21:59 - Jun 11 with 1954 viewsitfcjoe

Dean Henderson signing a new deal at Man Ure on 21:42 - Jun 11 by textbackup

The £30k he gets weekly and learning from the best keeper in the world for another season probably swayed him

He'll be sent out on loan somewhere, just don't think it is the best way for young players to develop when the loaning club doesn't have as much stake in his future.

Dean Henderson signing a new deal at Man Ure on 22:09 - Jun 11 with 1910 viewsclive_baker

Alternatively he might back himself to make it at the very top. One thing he doesn’t appear to lack is confidence, and good luck to him. De Gea’s future always seems uncertain, and at 21 I don’t blame Henderson for pursuing his dream. I don’t know why any 21 year old wouldn’t snap uniteds hand off and favour coming to someone like us instead. He’ll end up in the championship next season anyway, with the added security of a silly salary behind him and a move back to Man Utd at the end of it.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Dean Henderson signing a new deal at Man Ure on 22:29 - Jun 11 with 1836 viewsITFCBlues

Dean Henderson signing a new deal at Man Ure on 21:59 - Jun 11 by itfcjoe

He'll be sent out on loan somewhere, just don't think it is the best way for young players to develop when the loaning club doesn't have as much stake in his future.

See Angus Gunn and Sam Johnston last season

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Dean Henderson signing a new deal at Man Ure on 08:10 - Jun 12 with 1527 viewsCambonbleu

Earn PL wages and go and play in the Champioship / League 1 anyway? Seems like the lad has his head screwed on tbh

Poll: How many Season Ticket holders will ITFC have next season?
Blog: Why All the Positivity?

Dean Henderson signing a new deal at Man Ure on 08:31 - Jun 12 with 1488 viewsitfcjoe

Dean Henderson signing a new deal at Man Ure on 22:09 - Jun 11 by clive_baker

Alternatively he might back himself to make it at the very top. One thing he doesn’t appear to lack is confidence, and good luck to him. De Gea’s future always seems uncertain, and at 21 I don’t blame Henderson for pursuing his dream. I don’t know why any 21 year old wouldn’t snap uniteds hand off and favour coming to someone like us instead. He’ll end up in the championship next season anyway, with the added security of a silly salary behind him and a move back to Man Utd at the end of it.

Conversely if he is that confident would taking one step back be that bad a decision if he is sure he will get to the top.

I just don't think the best way of being a big clubs keeper is to come through the youth system of said big club. You never get the right levels of responsibilty and experience and are leapfrogged by bigger signings at every turn.

Someone like Henderson's best chance of playing regularly in the PL is to be promoted into it whilst permanently at a Championship club, or be signed after impressing at this level. If he has a good season on loan at this level then he'll just get another new deal or be priced out of a move.

Look at someone like Sam Johnstone's career, who is a very good keeper.

2010 - UEFA U17 Championship winner
2011-12 - Loan at Oldham doesn't play
2011-12 - Loaned to Scunthorpe half season
2012-13 - Loaned to Walsall half season
2013 - FIFA U20 World Cup
2013-14 - Loaned to Yeovil for 28 days
2013-14 - Loaned to Donny half season
2014-15 - Loaned to Donny half season
2014-15 - Loaned to PNE half season, keeps clean sheet in L1 play off final
2015-16 - Loaned to PNE half season
2016-17 - Loaned to Villa half season
2016-17 - Loaned to Villa full season

Played for England at U16, 17, 18, 19, 20 level but is now 25 and finally finding his feet.

I just see Henderson's future working out like that at Man Utd. Loan clubs don't invest in you fully and your career drifts away due to lack of games. Whereas if he were to sign for an Ipswich, Bristol City, Norwich or whoever else he has been linked with and strings a couple of good season together he's much more available and upwardly mobile.

Login to get fewer ads

Dean Henderson signing a new deal at Man Ure on 08:35 - Jun 12 with 1476 viewsKeno

Dean Henderson signing a new deal at Man Ure on 08:31 - Jun 12 by itfcjoe

Conversely if he is that confident would taking one step back be that bad a decision if he is sure he will get to the top.

I just don't think the best way of being a big clubs keeper is to come through the youth system of said big club. You never get the right levels of responsibilty and experience and are leapfrogged by bigger signings at every turn.

Someone like Henderson's best chance of playing regularly in the PL is to be promoted into it whilst permanently at a Championship club, or be signed after impressing at this level. If he has a good season on loan at this level then he'll just get another new deal or be priced out of a move.

Played for England at U16, 17, 18, 19, 20 level but is now 25 and finally finding his feet.

I just see Henderson's future working out like that at Man Utd. Loan clubs don't invest in you fully and your career drifts away due to lack of games. Whereas if he were to sign for an Ipswich, Bristol City, Norwich or whoever else he has been linked with and strings a couple of good season together he's much more available and upwardly mobile.

Interesting article about him I remember reading a few weeks back

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/apr/10/sam-johnstone-aston-villa-manch

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Dean Henderson signing a new deal at Man Ure on 08:38 - Jun 12 with 1467 viewsElderGrizzly

Dean Henderson signing a new deal at Man Ure on 08:31 - Jun 12 by itfcjoe

Shows what a circumvented route good young keepers need to take. As you say, he’ll never make it directly at Man Utd and probably needs to leave to come back.

A spell at a promotion chasing club as No.1 for a few seasons would do wonders. He needs to look at Pickford. Even in a relegated club, he got a £30m pound move.

Drop down, bounce bck up
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024