Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conservative MP Phillip Lee resigns from Government.... 10:15 - Jun 12 with 1327 viewsitfcjoe

....so he can 'look his children in the eye' ahead of key votes on Brexit.

If, in the future, I am to look my children in the eye and honestly say that I did my best for them I cannot, in all good conscience, support how our country’s exit from the EU looks set to be delivered.

http://www.phillip-lee.com/uncategorized/ministerial-resignation-statement/
[Post edited 12 Jun 2018 10:22]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Conservative MP Phillip Lee resigns from Government.... on 10:23 - Jun 12 with 1295 viewsIpswichKnight

I don't think even his mirror would recognise him. Interestingly he represents Bracknell which voted leave by 53% to 47% not exactly looking after his constituents best interests.
Conservative MP Phillip Lee resigns from Government.... on 10:31 - Jun 12 with 1274 viewsGuthrum

Conservative MP Phillip Lee resigns from Government.... on 10:23 - Jun 12 by IpswichKnight

I don't think even his mirror would recognise him. Interestingly he represents Bracknell which voted leave by 53% to 47% not exactly looking after his constituents best interests.

He is, indeed, representing his constituents thoughts, if that is what he's hearing on doorsteps and in local businesses.

They voted by that proportion in 2016. Wonder what the ratio would be now, if they were asked?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Conservative MP Phillip Lee resigns from Government.... on 10:37 - Jun 12 with 1251 viewsm14_blue

Conservative MP Phillip Lee resigns from Government.... on 10:23 - Jun 12 by IpswichKnight

Presumably you feel the same way about all the MP's who are supporting Brexit despite their constituents voting to remain?
Conservative MP Phillip Lee resigns from Government.... on 11:14 - Jun 12 with 1175 viewsSwansea_Blue

Seems to be quite the opposite. He's stating his constituent's best interests as a reason for his resignation. Although he's a remainer he's not anti Brexit per se. As he says in his own words "If Brexit is worth doing, then it is certainly worth doing well". He's against us heading towards a wishy washy, in between position that will benefit nobody. As any right minded person would be. Both leavers and remainers are coming out now and stating they are not happy with the handling of Brexit by May's government. May's falling victim of trying to keep everyone happy, quite similar to the reason we ended up in this position in the first place by Cameron trying to keep everyone happy.

A principled politician who puts his constituents' concerns ahead of those of the party is a rare beast these days.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2018 11:15]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Depressing comment from Andy Wigmore to the Parliamentary committee on 11:22 - Jun 12 with 1154 viewsGuthrum

'Winning an election isn’t about facts, it’s about emotion'

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Conservative MP Phillip Lee resigns from Government.... on 15:18 - Jun 12 with 1043 viewsLeaky

Conservative MP Phillip Lee resigns from Government.... on 11:14 - Jun 12 by Swansea_Blue

Seems to be quite the opposite. He's stating his constituent's best interests as a reason for his resignation. Although he's a remainer he's not anti Brexit per se. As he says in his own words "If Brexit is worth doing, then it is certainly worth doing well". He's against us heading towards a wishy washy, in between position that will benefit nobody. As any right minded person would be. Both leavers and remainers are coming out now and stating they are not happy with the handling of Brexit by May's government. May's falling victim of trying to keep everyone happy, quite similar to the reason we ended up in this position in the first place by Cameron trying to keep everyone happy.

A principled politician who puts his constituents' concerns ahead of those of the party is a rare beast these days.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2018 11:15]

Quite agree. We are getting the worst of both worlds. We voted to leave the EU, all politicians should respect the wishes of the nation and negotiate from a position of unified strength. Ok if the remainder's had there way and we stayed in as we have triggered article 50 presumably we would have renegotiate our rentry back in so what sort of deal would we get then.
Depressing comment from Andy Wigmore to the Parliamentary committee on 15:22 - Jun 12 with 1037 viewsDyland

Depressing comment from Andy Wigmore to the Parliamentary committee on 11:22 - Jun 12 by Guthrum

'Winning an election isn’t about facts, it’s about emotion'

I met him at the cricket once. Pretty greasy bloke.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024