Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At the risk of overanalysing every word of Hurst's press conference... 22:18 - Jun 12 with 6253 viewsJ2BLUE

He said something along the lines of "I have made my thoughts clear on that to the owner" in regards to the pre season games. Was that an innocent throwaway comment or is he unimpressed with the current line up?

Full list:

Pre-Season Fixtures 2018/19 1st May 2018 17:00
Town’s pre-season friendlies ahead of the 2018/19 campaign. 4

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

At the risk of overanalysing every word of Hurst's press conference... on 22:20 - Jun 12 with 6193 viewsTractorCam

i imagine It's what we already [supposedly] know, he wants to go to Portugal for training but Ireland is already booked so perhaps trying to work something out. After all Ireland still hasn't been officially confirmed as of yet.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

At the risk of overanalysing every word of Hurst's press conference... on 22:22 - Jun 12 with 6175 viewsLankHenners

That was my initial thought at the time, wonder if he thinks we should be doing something a bit more ambitious than the likes of Braintree and Crawley.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2018 22:22]

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

At the risk of overanalysing every word of Hurst's press conference... on 22:22 - Jun 12 with 6157 viewsgtsb

To be honest apart from West Ham he probably thinks they are a bit weak.
At the risk of overanalysing every word of Hurst's press conference... on 22:38 - Jun 12 with 6088 viewstextbackup

The previous guy hated pre season, and openly spoke about this, nice if the new guy thinks it’s important. Hopefully be nice for the players to buy into that also

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

At the risk of overanalysing every word of Hurst's press conference... on 22:40 - Jun 12 with 6056 viewsBackToRussia

At the risk of overanalysing every word of Hurst's press conference... on 22:38 - Jun 12 by textbackup

The previous guy hated pre season, and openly spoke about this, nice if the new guy thinks it’s important. Hopefully be nice for the players to buy into that also

are you in love yet Texters?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

At the risk of overanalysing every word of Hurst's press conference... on 06:03 - Jun 13 with 5821 viewsm14_blue

At the risk of overanalysing every word of Hurst's press conference... on 22:22 - Jun 12 by LankHenners

That was my initial thought at the time, wonder if he thinks we should be doing something a bit more ambitious than the likes of Braintree and Crawley.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2018 22:22]

Shrewsbury played Villa, Wolves, Cardiff and Burton last year so I think that's probably a fair comment.
At the risk of overanalysing every word of Hurst's press conference... on 06:12 - Jun 13 with 5802 viewsSamPamsDisco

At the risk of overanalysing every word of Hurst's press conference... on 22:38 - Jun 12 by textbackup

The previous guy also hated cup games.After watching his crap style of football,i think he must have hated 'the beautiful game'.
At the risk of overanalysing every word of Hurst's press conference... on 07:01 - Jun 13 with 5696 viewsChe

MM thought pre season was a necessary but not the most enjoyable part of the season. Going to Ireland is a good choice for any club and has brought about a few signings for us. More likely to unearth a prospect from there and gain a few supporters then a hot hard surface in Portugal.
Login to get fewer ads

At the risk of overanalysing every word of Hurst's press conference... on 07:05 - Jun 13 with 5680 viewsSitfcB

I think it was just a comment on that he's told ME what he wants to do with regards to going away (rumoured to be Portugal) obviously ME has to stump up the cash.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

At the risk of overanalysing every word of Hurst's press conference... on 07:27 - Jun 13 with 5588 viewsBackToRussia

At the risk of overanalysing every word of Hurst's press conference... on 07:01 - Jun 13 by Che

MM thought pre season was a necessary but not the most enjoyable part of the season. Going to Ireland is a good choice for any club and has brought about a few signings for us. More likely to unearth a prospect from there and gain a few supporters then a hot hard surface in Portugal.

How's the job search going Mick?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

At the risk of overanalysing every word of Hurst's press conference... on 08:21 - Jun 13 with 5466 viewsEastTownBlue

At the risk of overanalysing every word of Hurst's press conference... on 06:03 - Jun 13 by m14_blue

Shrewsbury played Villa, Wolves, Cardiff and Burton last year so I think that's probably a fair comment.

Although at Championship level there is the difficulty of finding opposition of a reasonable standard for a pre-season friendly.

We won't be able to play another Championship club and Premier League clubs will have their lucrative trips abroad. This is without taking into consideration that clubs only seem to travel short distances for domestic friendlies.
At the risk of overanalysing every word of Hurst's press conference... on 08:26 - Jun 13 with 5457 viewsm14_blue

At the risk of overanalysing every word of Hurst's press conference... on 08:21 - Jun 13 by EastTownBlue

Although at Championship level there is the difficulty of finding opposition of a reasonable standard for a pre-season friendly.

We won't be able to play another Championship club and Premier League clubs will have their lucrative trips abroad. This is without taking into consideration that clubs only seem to travel short distances for domestic friendlies.

Yeah, that's true.

And in fairness to Mick, whatever we did last season seemed to work as we got off to an absolute flyer in the league.
At the risk of overanalysing every word of Hurst's press conference... on 11:03 - Jun 13 with 5236 viewstextbackup

At the risk of overanalysing every word of Hurst's press conference... on 22:40 - Jun 12 by BackToRussia

are you in love yet Texters?

Got goosebumps 10 times in his 26mins interview... I’m on my way

At the risk of overanalysing every word of Hurst's press conference... on 11:18 - Jun 13 with 5215 viewsJ2BLUE

At the risk of overanalysing every word of Hurst's press conference... on 07:05 - Jun 13 by SitfcB

I think it was just a comment on that he's told ME what he wants to do with regards to going away (rumoured to be Portugal) obviously ME has to stump up the cash.

I would have to rewatch it but I thought he was talking about the friendlies already confirmed.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

At the risk of overanalysing every word of Hurst's press conference... on 11:24 - Jun 13 with 5204 viewsmonty_radio

At the risk of overanalysing every word of Hurst's press conference... on 11:18 - Jun 13 by J2BLUE

I would have to rewatch it but I thought he was talking about the friendlies already confirmed.

Has to be more than throwaway when he replies that he's made his thoughts clear. It can't just mean that the club officials told him, and he nodded.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

At the risk of overanalysing every word of Hurst's press conference... on 11:29 - Jun 13 with 5190 viewsDarth_Koont

At the risk of overanalysing every word of Hurst's press conference... on 11:03 - Jun 13 by textbackup

Got goosebumps 10 times in his 26mins interview... I’m on my way

I liked that almost the first thing he said was he didn't agree with the Ipswich fans giving Campbell-Ryce a standing ovation.

I like Hurst a lot. Seems the ideal candidate to keep what was good about Mick but change things up too.

Pronouns: He/Him

At the risk of overanalysing every word of Hurst's press conference... on 12:40 - Jun 13 with 5082 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Lets hope he also values the odd cup run. My gut feeling is a yes.

BOT

At the risk of overanalysing every word of Hurst's press conference... on 12:54 - Jun 13 with 5036 viewsSuperfrans

I read it that way. We do tend to have fairly soft pre-season matches, it seems to me - plus all away, but in easy reach of home. Nothing really to test us. Which didn't do us much harm under Mick.

In comparison, the Shrews played Villa, Wolves, Burton and Cardiff last summer, all clubs who were well above them in the reckoning. They won all four of them too.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

At the risk of overanalysing every word of Hurst's press conference... on 12:56 - Jun 13 with 5019 viewsSuperfrans

At the risk of overanalysing every word of Hurst's press conference... on 11:18 - Jun 13 by J2BLUE

He was talking about the friendlies - he covered the Ireland trip seperately.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

At the risk of overanalysing every word of Hurst's press conference... on 18:32 - Jun 13 with 4877 viewstextbackup

At the risk of overanalysing every word of Hurst's press conference... on 11:29 - Jun 13 by Darth_Koont

I liked that almost the first thing he said was he didn't agree with the Ipswich fans giving Campbell-Ryce a standing ovation.

I like Hurst a lot. Seems the ideal candidate to keep what was good about Mick but change things up too.

And that’s the thing, for all I said about MM, he did have his good points.
A younger fresher him isn’t the end of the wirkd

At the risk of overanalysing every word of Hurst's press conference... on 18:57 - Jun 13 with 4856 viewsPhilTWTD

At the risk of overanalysing every word of Hurst's press conference... on 07:05 - Jun 13 by SitfcB

Not Portugal, from what I was told. That was considered briefly (I assume the place he took Shrewsbury was booked up) but they're looking at somewhere else with Ireland still a possibility. I have to say I didn't read anything other than wanting a warmer weather trip. In my experience managers don't tend to be that bothered by the quality of pre-season opponents, all about fitness.
At the risk of overanalysing every word of Hurst's press conference... on 19:01 - Jun 13 with 4851 viewsPhilTWTD

Just because Mick didn't enjoy it - in part because meaningless results are taken far too seriously - didn't mean he didn't see it as important. Indeed, I think Town tended to start seasons well under him, perhaps indicating they were fitter than most once all got under way.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024