Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So the home of American Football gets it's second World Cup in 32 years.. 12:45 - Jun 13 with 2416 viewsCaptainObvious

..whilst the home of Football is still waiting after 60 years.

What a joke.

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

So the home of American Football gets it's second World Cup in 32 years.. on 12:49 - Jun 13 with 2394 viewsbluewein

And Mexico gets it's 3rd in 56 years.

Remember though, FIFA are giving it to lesser nations to promote the beautiful game...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

So the home of American Football gets it's second World Cup in 32 years.. on 12:50 - Jun 13 with 2385 viewsFtnfwest

While Mexico gets it's third and Germany has had 2 since then as well but let's specifically have a go at the americans as everything is clearly their fault
So the home of American Football gets it's second World Cup in 32 years.. on 12:59 - Jun 13 with 2346 viewsCaptainObvious

So the home of American Football gets it's second World Cup in 32 years.. on 12:50 - Jun 13 by Ftnfwest

While Mexico gets it's third and Germany has had 2 since then as well but let's specifically have a go at the americans as everything is clearly their fault

Yes Mexico is not right either, although one of those was when they stepped in for Colombia at the last minute, but Mexico and Germany are footballing nations, the US is not, at least at adult level.

So the home of American Football gets it's second World Cup in 32 years.. on 13:01 - Jun 13 with 2335 viewsSuperfrans

The problem is that Morocco simply wouldn't have been capable of hosting and they were the only other bid.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:02 - Jun 13 with 2327 viewsFtnfwest

So the home of American Football gets it's second World Cup in 32 years.. on 12:59 - Jun 13 by CaptainObvious

Yes Mexico is not right either, although one of those was when they stepped in for Colombia at the last minute, but Mexico and Germany are footballing nations, the US is not, at least at adult level.

Trouble is it's expanded to 48 teams to satisfy all the African and Asian countries who now won't be able to hold it as a result. Also you have to put a bid in to win it which we didnt
[Post edited 13 Jun 2018 13:04]
So the home of American Football gets it's second World Cup in 32 years.. on 13:03 - Jun 13 with 2316 viewsJ2BLUE

So the home of American Football gets it's second World Cup in 32 years.. on 12:59 - Jun 13 by CaptainObvious

Football is growing massively over there.

Say what you want about them but they are the final big country for football to conquer. I say give it to them.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So the home of American Football gets it's second World Cup in 32 years.. on 13:04 - Jun 13 with 2317 viewschristiand

Our FA obviously don’t pay FIFA enough to get the deal over the line!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

So the home of American Football gets it's second World Cup in 32 years.. on 13:04 - Jun 13 with 2315 viewsCaptainObvious

So the home of American Football gets it's second World Cup in 32 years.. on 13:01 - Jun 13 by Superfrans

The problem is that Morocco simply wouldn't have been capable of hosting and they were the only other bid.

The issue is not that we didn't bid, it is that if we do bid we get a humiliating one vote.

Login to get fewer ads

So the home of American Football gets it's second World Cup in 32 years.. on 13:05 - Jun 13 with 2305 viewsCaptainObvious

So the home of American Football gets it's second World Cup in 32 years.. on 13:03 - Jun 13 by J2BLUE

Say what you want about them but they are the final big country for football to conquer. I say give it to them.

We've been hearing that since the days of Pele and the New York Cosmos. It will never break the domination of American Football, Basketball and Baseball.

So the home of American Football gets it's second World Cup in 32 years.. on 13:06 - Jun 13 with 2296 viewsSuperTommySmith

How closely do you follow American Football?
(No subject) (n/t) on 13:07 - Jun 13 with 2287 viewsCaptainObvious

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:02 - Jun 13 by Ftnfwest

Trouble is it's expanded to 48 teams to satisfy all the African and Asian countries who now won't be able to hold it as a result. Also you have to put a bid in to win it which we didnt
[Post edited 13 Jun 2018 13:04]

Why do need more Asian countries? The ones that already qualify regularly (Japan) are not good enough. And that's with Australia added to their strength.

So the home of American Football gets it's second World Cup in 32 years.. on 13:08 - Jun 13 with 2275 viewsCaptainObvious

So the home of American Football gets it's second World Cup in 32 years.. on 13:06 - Jun 13 by SuperTommySmith

How closely do you follow American Football?

I have no interest in it whatsoever.

So the home of American Football gets it's second World Cup in 32 years.. on 13:11 - Jun 13 with 2260 viewsSpruceMoose

I for one am very happy. No doubt I shall be enjoying loads of matches.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So the home of American Football gets it's second World Cup in 32 years.. on 13:12 - Jun 13 with 2252 viewsStokieBlue

So the home of American Football gets it's second World Cup in 32 years.. on 13:03 - Jun 13 by J2BLUE

What about China?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So the home of American Football gets it's second World Cup in 32 years.. on 13:13 - Jun 13 with 2240 viewsJ2BLUE

So the home of American Football gets it's second World Cup in 32 years.. on 13:12 - Jun 13 by StokieBlue

What about China?

SB

Perhaps i've overestimated the strength of the football market over there but thought they had a reasonable domestic league and massive interest in the big European teams?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So the home of American Football gets it's second World Cup in 32 years.. on 13:22 - Jun 13 with 2193 viewsTJS

I have no problem with USA and Mexico.
I don't think countries that have a virtually non-existent qualification record like Canada deserve to be joint-hosts though (see Qatar also)
I'm pretty sure Europe was not eligible for 2026 as I think we are only allowed every third world cup on the new rotation.
However if we bid for 2030 I can't see how they could not give it to us unless they are sticking with their pathetic outdated policy of requiring multiple new stadiums.
Based on length of time without a tournament I would say Spain (1982) is the only other candidate.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2018 13:25]
(No subject) (n/t) on 13:44 - Jun 13 with 2125 viewsFtnfwest

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:07 - Jun 13 by CaptainObvious

Why do need more Asian countries? The ones that already qualify regularly (Japan) are not good enough. And that's with Australia added to their strength.

dunno buts there's lots of countries and they all get a vote each so you have to go with it i'm afraid. Means its unlikely the WC will come back in our lifetimes i would think (certainly mine!). Although against that we are one of the few countries who as it stands could host it on our own (or maybe with Wales and Scotland thrown in).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024