Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. 20:18 - Jun 13 with 74602 viewsITFC_Forever

FFS.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:08 - Jun 17 with 5300 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 12:20 - Jun 17 by Benters2

Well apart from that one ☝️

Herbivore et al are preparing emails to Christian Broughton, explaining to him what a thicko he is, as we speak :-)
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 15:35 - Jun 17 with 5217 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I’ve not read the thread for about ten pages now so could someone give me a quick summary without having to read it all.

Worth a look?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 15:38 - Jun 17 with 5210 viewsBrixtonBlue

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 15:35 - Jun 17 by The_Romford_Blue

I’ve not read the thread for about ten pages now so could someone give me a quick summary without having to read it all.

Worth a look?

No. Run away.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 15:47 - Jun 17 with 5194 viewsBackToRussia

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 11:35 - Jun 17 by FrowsyArmLarry

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/cannabis-increases-violent-behaviour-yo

So for people with some mental illnesses, it's not a good idea to smoke weed. This is one thing we knew without any research needing to be done.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:17 - Jun 17 with 5171 viewsimsureazzure

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 15:35 - Jun 17 by The_Romford_Blue

Worth a look?

A 16 year old child is stabbed and some people are intransigent.
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 21:42 - Jun 17 with 5069 viewsmonytowbray

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 12:27 - Jun 16 by FrowsyArmLarry

There isn’t categoric proof that steroid use affects behaviour either Callis, so you can discount that comparison.

Jesus, you really are making this up as you go along!

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 21:43 - Jun 17 with 5067 viewsmonytowbray

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 12:27 - Jun 16 by itfcjoe

I'd agree with that too, the descent into being a stoner changes people massively from my experience.

Define “being a stoner”, I know plenty of people who smoke all the time and are perfectly normal

TWTD never forgets…

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 21:48 - Jun 17 with 5053 viewsjeera

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 21:43 - Jun 17 by monytowbray

Define “being a stoner”, I know plenty of people who smoke all the time and are perfectly normal

Define 'normal'.

At the end of the day, if someone isn't hurting anyone else then why do people look for reasons to put them down?

There is no reason. If someone is happy in their own existence, there is no reason to look for fault.

Over indulgence in most things can lead to all sorts of complications. But this isn't news.

I have never been attacked by someone who is stoned. And for that, I am thankful.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 21:56 - Jun 17 with 5053 viewsmonytowbray

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 11:35 - Jun 17 by FrowsyArmLarry

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/cannabis-increases-violent-behaviour-yo

This study says cannabis MAY increase the risk of violent behaviour if used by people with extreme mental health issues. It doesn’t account for any actual use-to-violent crime data, nor does it support your blanket claim that cannabis makes people violent.

I’m glad you know how to Google things but it still doesn’t support your argument.

TWTD never forgets…

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 21:58 - Jun 17 with 5044 viewsmonytowbray

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 21:48 - Jun 17 by jeera

Define 'normal'.

At the end of the day, if someone isn't hurting anyone else then why do people look for reasons to put them down?

There is no reason. If someone is happy in their own existence, there is no reason to look for fault.

Over indulgence in most things can lead to all sorts of complications. But this isn't news.

I have never been attacked by someone who is stoned. And for that, I am thankful.

Normal is a word invented by society to keep us in line, f*ck normality.

You should be grateful you’ve never been attacked by a violent cannabis addict after snorting 15 marajuanas though as it’s a huge problem with society. I used to live with a mate who dealed weed and we had stoned people around our house all the time, I’m thankful I’m still alive!

TWTD never forgets…

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 22:03 - Jun 17 with 5029 viewsjeera

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 21:58 - Jun 17 by monytowbray

Normal is a word invented by society to keep us in line, f*ck normality.

You should be grateful you’ve never been attacked by a violent cannabis addict after snorting 15 marajuanas though as it’s a huge problem with society. I used to live with a mate who dealed weed and we had stoned people around our house all the time, I’m thankful I’m still alive!

I'm no stranger to this smoking weed danger I'll have you know!

I once knew someone sitting next to me who looked like he was about to go to sleep on my shoulder!

A hard stare soon sorted that out.

I wasn't having that.

He hadn't even brought his own biscuit supply. Cheek.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2018 22:04]

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 22:25 - Jun 17 with 5009 viewsHerbivore

So people who already have mental health problems might be negatively impacted by cannabis use? That's not the same thing as cannabis causing violent behaviour.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 00:17 - Jun 18 with 4983 viewsmonytowbray

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 22:25 - Jun 17 by Herbivore

So people who already have mental health problems might be negatively impacted by cannabis use? That's not the same thing as cannabis causing violent behaviour.

I wonder if there are any studies on not smoking weed leading to continually moving the goal posts?!

TWTD never forgets…

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 06:23 - Jun 18 with 4917 viewsBenters2

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 21:43 - Jun 17 by monytowbray

Sorry but that is utter bolox.

Anybody who smokes weed all the time isnt normal or cant act normal.Ive worked with plenty of people who have smoked it all day,i have also worked with plenty of alcholics.

Going back many years,i worked with a bloke who used to drink 2 litres of cider in the worknvan on the way to work,we would get there,he would yack up,but work bloody hard all day.

People smoke it,take coke or drink do it for the high it gives you.So it does change you.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 6:50]
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 08:32 - Jun 18 with 4871 viewsHerbivore

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 06:23 - Jun 18 by Benters2

Sorry but that is utter bolox.

Anybody who smokes weed all the time isnt normal or cant act normal.Ive worked with plenty of people who have smoked it all day,i have also worked with plenty of alcholics.

Going back many years,i worked with a bloke who used to drink 2 litres of cider in the worknvan on the way to work,we would get there,he would yack up,but work bloody hard all day.

People smoke it,take coke or drink do it for the high it gives you.So it does change you.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 6:50]

So callis's life experiences of people who smoke are 'utter bollox' whilst your own limited life experiences are the gospel truth? Interesting.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:07 - Jun 18 with 4856 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 08:32 - Jun 18 by Herbivore

So callis's life experiences of people who smoke are 'utter bollox' whilst your own limited life experiences are the gospel truth? Interesting.

Although you seem quite keen to discount my view which is based on years of experience.
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:09 - Jun 18 with 4853 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 22:25 - Jun 17 by Herbivore

We are talking about users who are drawn to crime, not people who smoke the occasional spliff. You know that.

Edit: have you emailed the independent yet to let them know what utter bellends they are?
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 9:10]
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:13 - Jun 18 with 4847 viewschicoazul

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 21:48 - Jun 17 by jeera

Define 'normal'.

I'd like to weigh in on your second point which I know many people will be delighted about.

The point for me is that *smoking* weed probably does not harm anyone else. It seems quite rare that people experience actual psychosis as a direct result of it although more studies should be done into this. There does seem to be a vague correlation between weed steroids and anti-deps and recent mass killings both here and in the US and it does deserve a bit more rigour but it is unproven so I don't use that possibility to make my point.

However *buying* weed does a huge amount of societal damage. Criminal gangs run the weed trade just as they do the coke and heroin ones. I am given to understand the Albanians who run weed are not the nicest people in the world.

This is a subtle distinction which a lot of people tend to miss or ignore, I don't mean you by that as I know you are a clever mature person.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 10:07 - Jun 18 with 4807 viewsBenters2

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 08:32 - Jun 18 by Herbivore

Well he is on drugs so I will let you make your mind up!

Chill out winston
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 10:09]
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 11:50 - Jun 18 with 4756 viewsmonytowbray

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 10:07 - Jun 18 by Benters2

Well he is on drugs so I will let you make your mind up!

Chill out winston
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 10:09]

Who’s on drugs?

TWTD never forgets…

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 12:11 - Jun 18 with 4726 viewsHerbivore

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:07 - Jun 18 by FrowsyArmLarry

Although you seem quite keen to discount my view which is based on years of experience.

I don't think any individual's life experiences can really be used to generalise to sweeping statements as a whole. I was pulling Benters up on his own double standards.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 12:23 - Jun 18 with 4720 viewsRob88

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:13 - Jun 18 by chicoazul

I'd like to weigh in on your second point which I know many people will be delighted about.

The point for me is that *smoking* weed probably does not harm anyone else. It seems quite rare that people experience actual psychosis as a direct result of it although more studies should be done into this. There does seem to be a vague correlation between weed steroids and anti-deps and recent mass killings both here and in the US and it does deserve a bit more rigour but it is unproven so I don't use that possibility to make my point.

However *buying* weed does a huge amount of societal damage. Criminal gangs run the weed trade just as they do the coke and heroin ones. I am given to understand the Albanians who run weed are not the nicest people in the world.

This is a subtle distinction which a lot of people tend to miss or ignore, I don't mean you by that as I know you are a clever mature person.

That was my thought as well, whilst weed is illegal there is a significant criminal element to it that some users appear blissful to.

My only other thought is that weed is normally peoples first introduction to the world of illegal drugs, and used to occur at a very young age, and I wonder if there is any evidence to suggest those who use weed are more likely to venture further into this world of illegal drugs.
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 12:33 - Jun 18 with 4707 viewstcblue

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 12:23 - Jun 18 by Rob88

That was my thought as well, whilst weed is illegal there is a significant criminal element to it that some users appear blissful to.

My only other thought is that weed is normally peoples first introduction to the world of illegal drugs, and used to occur at a very young age, and I wonder if there is any evidence to suggest those who use weed are more likely to venture further into this world of illegal drugs.

I believe people who are habitual marijuana users are statistically much more likely to become dependent on alcohol and nicotine than those who are not, but I don't think there's any materially significant evidence on it leading to other illegal substances.

But that's bad enough to be honest. Those are the real problems in society (not to mention the NHS).
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:19 - Jun 18 with 4673 viewschicoazul

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 12:23 - Jun 18 by Rob88

A significant counter-argument I often hear to this is "I grow my own" which might be fair enough, I haven't thought about that much, but the vast vast majority of tokers don't grow their own. Someone ITT earlier talked about waiting in car parks at dead of night for the dealer to arrive.

After reading this interesting thread and other similar arguments here and elsewhere I am now convinced that people *do* know the harm their habits case, and they don't care. I had hoped it might be true that they operate in ignorance. Ah well.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:22 - Jun 18 with 4667 viewsjeera

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:13 - Jun 18 by chicoazul

Fair enough. It's not unreasonable to point out the connection between buying imported puff and the potential criminal activity along its route.

I suppose another option would be a change in the law which allowed people to grow their own, even if in only quantities deemed for personal use.

I know it's not the same, but more and more the powers-that-be are taking on board the medicinal qualities of oil. Maybe it's a step in the legalising direction.

Selfishly, I have to say it doesn't affect me as my puffing days are many years past, but I know a few who still like a smoke my age and upwards.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024