Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. 20:18 - Jun 13 with 74626 viewsITFC_Forever

FFS.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:38 - Jun 15 with 1824 viewsHerbivore

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 12:20 - Jun 15 by FrowsyArmLarry

and your evidence that it has no long term effect is what?

I've not claimed that. In fact I said that in some cases cannabis use can cause mental health problems. But then so can alcohol, gambling and social media, none of which are illegal.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:39 - Jun 15 with 1822 viewsSpruceMoose

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:36 - Jun 15 by monytowbray

I believe we are now in "if I say it enough times it'll make it true" territory.

Causation and correlation is all over the shop here. As someone said earlier, Nic Cage and swimming pools.

Now if you'd said Michael Barrymore and swimming pools then you might have been onto something.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:41 - Jun 15 with 1825 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:35 - Jun 15 by eireblue

Lots of things cause temper tantrums.

Irresponsible consumption of Cortados and Almond Croissants can lead to a temper tantrum, but no-one is going to make Caffe Nero illegal.

A temper tantrum does not in itself lead to violence against another human being.

At the moment your argument has now been reduced to ".....but its cannabis...."

And so far you have called other people idiots, but I don't think you have yet come up with a single solid thought through set of logical rational arguments, that justify the name calling.

Consumption of Substance A does not necessarily lead to damage to another human being.
Irresponsible and over use of Substance A, in some circumstances can lead to damage to another human being.

Consumption of Substance B does not necessarily lead to damage to another human being.
Irresponsible and over use of Substance B, in some circumstances can lead to damage to another human being.

So have a war on B, that results in lots of deaths, and police A.

Which do you choose, coffee or croissants, for A and B.

Yeah, croissants are as narcotic as high grade.

And you have the cheek to wonder why I think you’re an idiot?
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:41 - Jun 15 with 1818 viewsHerbivore

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:17 - Jun 15 by FrowsyArmLarry

No, the temper tantrums are driven by cannabis use. That’s the main cause without any doubt

What's your evidence for this exactly? You can't make a claim like that without being able to back it up.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:42 - Jun 15 with 1813 viewsSpruceMoose

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:41 - Jun 15 by FrowsyArmLarry

I suspect you think everyone is an idiot because you're deeply insecure about your own intelligence.

That's probably the real reason. Trump does it too.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:43 - Jun 15 with 1810 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:41 - Jun 15 by Herbivore

What's your evidence for this exactly? You can't make a claim like that without being able to back it up.

I have a lot of experience with a lot of different people. But don’t take my word for it, just do some research
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:44 - Jun 15 with 1806 viewsHerbivore

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:42 - Jun 15 by SpruceMoose

I suspect you think everyone is an idiot because you're deeply insecure about your own intelligence.

I think he's too stupid to realise he's stupid. He has a 2 year old's capacity for metacognition.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:45 - Jun 15 with 1805 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:42 - Jun 15 by SpruceMoose

Playground stuff boy. No more croissants for you
Login to get fewer ads

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:45 - Jun 15 with 1804 viewsHerbivore

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:43 - Jun 15 by FrowsyArmLarry

I have a lot of experience with a lot of different people. But don’t take my word for it, just do some research

So back to your evidence base being that you know people? I've told you what the research says in respect of effects of cannabis, it's not me that needs to be looking at sources of evidence, mate.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:47 - Jun 15 with 1796 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:45 - Jun 15 by Herbivore

So back to your evidence base being that you know people? I've told you what the research says in respect of effects of cannabis, it's not me that needs to be looking at sources of evidence, mate.

The problem is that not much research has been done, but I am reiterating a discussion from R4 a few weeks ago and I can relate that the personal experiences.

What you are saying is that if the research isn’t there it can’t be true
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:48 - Jun 15 with 1792 viewsSpruceMoose

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:45 - Jun 15 by FrowsyArmLarry

Playground stuff boy. No more croissants for you

Think that one landed!

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:50 - Jun 15 with 1787 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:48 - Jun 15 by SpruceMoose

Think that one landed!

Mate, I’ve got everything. I’ve got nothing to be worried about
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:50 - Jun 15 with 1786 viewseireblue

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:41 - Jun 15 by FrowsyArmLarry

Ah I see now. Sorry my bad. Sorry to have pushed you to the level of having to imply insults.

What I was clearly using, that I think most posters can see and understand was a level of abstraction to help see an issue in different ways. I even made mention that I was using abstraction earlier. And I have tried to sprinkle a little bit of humour, although I confess I am not a comedian.

Sometimes this is approach is called an Intuition Pump by critical thinkers engaged in thoughtful discussions.

I seemed to have made an outrageous assumption.

Sorry my mistake.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2018 13:51]
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:50 - Jun 15 with 1782 viewsSpruceMoose

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:47 - Jun 15 by FrowsyArmLarry

The problem is that not much research has been done, but I am reiterating a discussion from R4 a few weeks ago and I can relate that the personal experiences.

What you are saying is that if the research isn’t there it can’t be true

What we have here folks is a fundamental misunderstanding of how academic research functions.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:53 - Jun 15 with 1772 viewsmonytowbray

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:43 - Jun 15 by FrowsyArmLarry

Does your Facebook list "School of Life" or "University of Hardknocks" in the education section?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:56 - Jun 15 with 1760 viewsSpruceMoose

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:53 - Jun 15 by monytowbray

Does your Facebook list "School of Life" or "University of Hardknocks" in the education section?

Don't forget the Ipswich Institute of Numbskullology.

Relatively new but enrollment numbers are through the roof over the last year or so.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2018 13:57]

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:56 - Jun 15 with 1762 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:53 - Jun 15 by monytowbray

Not sure what you mean. I have a degree and professional qualifications, and am constantly adding new certifications. And you?
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:58 - Jun 15 with 1748 viewsSpruceMoose

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:56 - Jun 15 by FrowsyArmLarry

Not sure what you mean. I have a degree and professional qualifications, and am constantly adding new certifications. And you?

You only have a degree? Pah. Everyone has those these days!

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:58 - Jun 15 with 1749 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:58 - Jun 15 by SpruceMoose

You only have a degree? Pah. Everyone has those these days!

Can’t you read?
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:01 - Jun 15 with 1741 viewsmonytowbray

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:56 - Jun 15 by FrowsyArmLarry

I don't believe you, learning involves looking at data and evidence. I don't think you get qualifications for shouting 2+2=5 until the examining board get so fed up they give you your certificate on the promise you'll go away.

TWTD never forgets…

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:02 - Jun 15 with 1739 viewsSpruceMoose

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:58 - Jun 15 by FrowsyArmLarry

Can’t you read?

Yeah, I was reading the bit where you only had a degree and some professional qualifications.

The way you parade your own Scouts Intelligence badge I assumed you were a PhD minimum.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:04 - Jun 15 with 1731 viewsSpruceMoose

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:01 - Jun 15 by monytowbray

I don't believe you, learning involves looking at data and evidence. I don't think you get qualifications for shouting 2+2=5 until the examining board get so fed up they give you your certificate on the promise you'll go away.

He could have one of those Mickey Mouse degrees the right wing press love to slate?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:07 - Jun 15 with 1728 viewsmonytowbray

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:04 - Jun 15 by SpruceMoose

He could have one of those Mickey Mouse degrees the right wing press love to slate?

Sort of like me. TV & Film Production LOL.

I like it when people parade their qualifications about as if that automatically makes them smarter at EVERYTHING. Makes me laugh.

TWTD never forgets…

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:10 - Jun 15 with 1719 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:07 - Jun 15 by monytowbray

I like it when people parade their qualifications about as if that automatically makes them smarter at EVERYTHING. Makes me laugh.

I wasn’t parading anything... you brought it up.

Anyway, you guys carry on with your lifestyle choices. I’ll sit back and smile next time you’re on here bleating about your own pet causes
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:11 - Jun 15 with 1712 viewsSpruceMoose

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:07 - Jun 15 by monytowbray

Don't worry, I'm in the Mickey Mouse degree club too. Didn't even learn my lesson as I went and got a Masters degree in it too. Can't teach common sense I guess!

I know highly qualified idiots, and idiots without qualifications. Having a degree doesn't make you a walking Hawking. I prefer to judge someones intelligence on the frequency with which they say idiotic stuff.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2018 14:14]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024